"Live" Regal Princess, Oct 26 to Dec 2, Rome to Ft Lauderdale

LACruiser88

Today we were in our last port of the cruise, Tenerife in the Canary Islands.

We hired a taxi and finally made it to Loro Parque.  This "small" world class zoo has one of the rarest and largest bird collections in the world.

We had a great time and the weather was perfect!

20221124_142720.jpg

20221124_111615.jpg

20221124_111340.jpg

Screenshot_20221124-142210_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221124-142226_Chrome.jpg

• Like 5

Wow,  I am loving all of the posts here!  It sounds like you are having a wonderful cruise.

I have been reading, because we are looking forward to being on the Regal soon.  I know this is silly.  I am hoping to find out the estimated measurements on the little table on the balcony cabins.  We hope to raise it up and make it more like a real table.  Either that or the little table inside the balcony cabins, if it is a little bigger or better for that.

And, about the Balcony Dinner.  It might not be because of a lot of Covid on the ship.    It might not be Covid protocols at all.  I think these ships are running on limited staff.  And, if a few staff get Covid, then they won't have the available staff to do these ultimate balcony dining, and the servers to serve them.

PILLOWS

Would someone kindly look at the tag on the bed pillows and provide the number that starts with "PW", please?

We just got off the Crown Princess and the pillows were the most comfortable I've ever slept on. I took a photo of the tag but didn't catch that bit of info- of course it turns out that's the bit I need. It was on the bottom right of the tag with the material information.

Enjoy your cruise and dance the night away!

7 minutes ago, lh9789 said:

PILLOWS

Would someone kindly look at the tag on the bed pillows and provide the number that starts with "PW", please?

We just got off the Crown Princess and the pillows were the most comfortable I've ever slept on. I took a photo of the tag but didn't catch that bit of info- of course it turns out that's the bit I need. It was on the bottom right of the tag with the material information.

Enjoy your cruise and dance the night away!

https://princessluxurybed.com/

It's the non-allergenic pillow, code starts with a PW

Edited by reedprincess

1 hour ago, reedprincess said:

https://princessluxurybed.com/

It's the non-allergenic pillow, code starts with a PW

Thank you. Sadly, if it's PWPC2026G (or PWPC2036G for King size dimensions) it's sold out.

The tag on the pillow I loved on the Crown Princess said the maker was Sobel Westex, so I went to their website and judging by the fiber content, I was guessing it might be Sobel Westex's  hypoallergenic option, PWSOB2036. They seem to supply a lot of major hotels and resorts, including Disney. I might try that model.

On 11/25/2022 at 7:00 PM, PRINCESS Sweet Pea said:

Wow,  I am loving all of the posts here!  It sounds like you are having a wonderful cruise.

I have been reading, because we are looking forward to being on the Regal soon.  I know this is silly.  I am hoping to find out the estimated measurements on the little table on the balcony cabins.  We hope to raise it up and make it more like a real table.  Either that or the little table inside the balcony cabins, if it is a little bigger or better for that.

And, about the Balcony Dinner.  It might not be because of a lot of Covid on the ship.    It might not be Covid protocols at all.  I think these ships are running on limited staff.  And, if a few staff get Covid, then they won't have the available staff to do these ultimate balcony dining, and the servers to serve them.

Sorry, we are not in a balcony cabin.  We have a large, full size table on our balcony.  Hopefully, someone in a balcony cabin can answer your question.

On 11/25/2022 at 7:00 PM, PRINCESS Sweet Pea said:

I am hoping to find out the estimated measurements on the little table on the balcony cabins.  We hope to raise it up and make it more like a real table.  Either that or the little table inside the balcony cabins, if it is a little bigger or better for that.

I have some photos from October. Maybe you can imagine the size of the Regal balcony table.

20221026_161303riiht.jpg

20221030_15041781cyg.jpg

Forgot: it was a mini suite, so I don't know about the standard balcony tables. 🤦‍♂️

Edited by EDVM96

I think it's funny that Marconi could get a message clear across the Atlantic from Massachusetts to the United Kingdom in 1903, but Princess can't get an internet connection from their ships to the rest of the world in 2022.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guglielmo_Marconi#Transatlantic_transmissions

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 11/28/2022 at 10:04 PM, milogurd said:

The "Live" and the "Semi-Live" threads on this cruise are kind of quiet all of a sudden. Perhaps they are in the dreaded Princess Internet Dead Zone in the mid-Atlantic.

Yes, as noted earlier on in the posts, internet would be iffy at best Nov 28 to Dec 1.. 

On 11/30/2022 at 5:40 PM, reedprincess said:

Yes, as noted earlier on in the posts, internet would be iffy at best Nov 28 to Dec 1.. 

We finally have Internet!  It has been out since Sunday.  We were able to check in to our flight, but the Internet is painfully slow!!!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

We finally have Internet!  It has been out since Sunday.  We were able to check in to our flight, but the Internet is painfully slow!!!

Two Princess IT professionals testing "MedallionNet - Best Internet At Sea".

iStock-154997148.jpg

Edited by milogurd
  • Haha 1

We are just pulling into our berth in Port Everglades.  As usual on the last night of a cruise, I didn’t sleep well.

We were told last night by Nicola, the DRO, that there are only 75 passengers staying on for the next sailing.

The US Coast Guard wants all passengers off the ship tomorrow until 1:00 pm due to their safety inspection.  The 75 passengers have been given $50 vouchers to have lunch off the ship.

For those boarding tomorrow, it might take awhile to board?

Well, that's it for us.  We have a 2:15 pm direct flight home to LAX from Miami International Airport.

Hope you all enjoyed our journey!  Until the next time (Dec 28th, 10 Day Mexico on the Discovery)!  🙂🛳

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

We’re on the Regal next cruise, curious about reported Covid + passengers and crew? Thanks. 

@JoRoy218

On the last night of the cruise, we were told by someone in the know that there were only 7 passengers in Covid isolation the last week of our cruise.  I believe those 7 were all off the ship yesterday, as only 75 passengers were staying on for the back-to-back.

• Like 1