Cabana Price Differences on Beyond and Edge

njguy_south

Any thoughts on why the cabana prices on the Beyond are 2x what they are on Edge?  I have a Dec. 2022 Holiday cruise on the Edge, and the cabanas as $150 for a half or $300 for a whole.  My Holiday Dec. 2023 cruise on the Beyond has the cabana at $300 for the half and $500 for the whole.

39 minutes ago, basenji56 said:

Cabanas on the Edge are in a horrible location.  Hopefully, they are in a better location on the Beyond.

The cabanas are in the same location; however, they changed the access and opening from the passageway to the pooldeck so now the access and views are from the pooldeck. 

3 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

They have always been more on Beyond. After experiencing both I actually do prefer the Edge and Apex setup facing the water. 

Interesting. Can you explain why you feel that way? 

3 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

They have always been more on Beyond. After experiencing both I actually do prefer the Edge and Apex setup facing the water. 

The problem with the Edge's view is while the ocean is nice, there is a lot of traffic that walk by as its a major walkway; some folks are loud and many will stare at you/into the cabana.  While that doesn't bother me, it does break the tranquil moment.  When facing the pooldeck, the walkway in front of you isn't as major so far less will walk in front of you.

10 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Interesting. Can you explain why you feel that way? 

9 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

The problem with the Edge's view is while the ocean is nice, there is a lot of traffic that walk by as its a major walkway; some folks are loud and many will stare at you/into the cabana.  While that doesn't bother me, it does break the tranquil moment.  When facing the pooldeck, the walkway in front of you isn't as major so far less will walk in front of you.

It’s six of one, half dozen of the other. 

On Beyond there is a row of loungers 3-4 feet in front of you along with all of the usual pool activity. People cut through the narrow walkway between the loungers and cabana entrance. There is also that sunken seating area next to the far end cabana that creates some traffic. People also enter and exit the pool area directly next to either of the end cabanas.

I wouldn’t say one setup is far better than the other. On Edge/Apex you may have a walkway but on Beyond you’re essentially sitting on the middle of the pool deck. You are more on display on the Beyond arrangement.