Club class dining on the royal

mina

Hi all. First time in club class shortly.  I understand there is not a separate entrance to club class dining on the royal.  Is there a separate line to reach it?  Do you just walk past everyone else waiting in the main line to be seated?  I could see this causing a few comments or alterations.  What is the protocol? Thank you.

I will be finding all this out for myself next month, but from prior observation, it looks like there is a long line to get into the regular MDR and a much shorter one for CC.  The entrances are on opposite sides of the ship, but they both go into the same room.  The CC area is blocked off from the rest of the dining room.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mina said:

@HaveDogWillTravel thank you.  Is this entrance on the other side of the ship from the main dining entrance?  I did see your videos and we are very excited to try club class!  

Yes the regular MDR entrance for concerto is starboard. Glenda the hostess and Vincente the manager were outstanding. Once you get a waiter you like ask to be seated with them for each meal. 

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

I’m not sure what you mean by blocked off. But the cc area is open to the rest of MDR and you can see and walk thru if you wanted. There was never a line for cc during my recent 19 days. 

Blocked off in that regular diners from the MDR can't go sit in CC.  I don't remember the ship and it was pre-covid, but one time the staff had placed chairs in the aisle, literally blocking off access.  With everything else, I imagine things vary from ship to ship.

Edited by Kay S

3 hours ago, Kay S said:

Blocked off in that regular diners from the MDR can't go sit in CC.  I don't remember the ship and it was pre-covid, but one time the staff had placed chairs in the aisle, literally blocking off access.  With everything else, I imagine things vary from ship to ship.

ok

Edited by tml1230

1 hour ago, vino100 said:

I also board tomorrow. Getting excited. Is the club dining room open for lunch on embarkation day?

Yes from noon to 1:30.  Ask Vincente your restaurant manager about winemakers dinner or chef table if you are interested.  They fill quickly. 

7 hours ago, Kay S said:

Blocked off in that regular diners from the MDR can't go sit in CC.

Yes they do not allow anyone outside of CC mini suites or full suites in the CC area of MDR. The CC tables have grey table cloths and regular MDR has white ones.