Reflection Sky Suites - Noise from above?

Hrhbob

It seems most Sky Suites on Reflection are on deck 12, under the OVC or the pool. What is the noise level from above during day and night? Pluses or minuses for these suites and the Reflection in general? Thanks.

Generally noise isn't bad during the night.   You will sometimes hear them moving chairs when they steam clean the decks.   In area underneath the bars and the aquaspa cafe you may hear carts being pushed with ice and dishes being delivered. 

We were in a Sky Suite on the port side (2125 - 2137) area a few years back and the nose was bad.  I believe our room was 2129 but cannot say for sure.  After complaining a couple of times about being woken up at 0430, the Suite Concierge gave us some FCC.  Apparently our room was right under the area where all of the service cards the staff used when cleaning up and that area was not carpeted.  I learned in Michael''s club there were a couple of other guest in that area that had issue as well. 

• Like 1

We love the reflection sky suites.  We never had a noise problem.  Just try to pick a location midship.  We get up early and never have been bothered by noise-  We once had an issue on the Silhouette with the aft sky suite on deck 12- soot and too much sun in the morning- could never enjoy breakfast on the balcony.  Also couldn't leave anything to dry on balcony as the soot would dirty the washed items-

We also had the window washing cage blocking our side window.  Parked their the entire cruise.

We cruised in the deck 12 aft corner sky suite on Silhouette last March/April and had no issues with soot at all.  We also did not have any noise issue from the outdoor seating area above. 

The window washing equipment was parked there our entire cruise but it was not a bother to us at all. 

We went from a SS on the Starboard side to a SS on the aft directly under the bar area doing a B2B 

The cabin on side was a lot quieter and smoother sailing.  Could hardly feel any motion at all or hear anything. 

In the back there is the constant noise from the wake, vibration from the propellers,  fishtailing, rocking and etc.  There was also a a lot of scrapping  noise in the morning and sometimes during the day from stuff being moved around.  It may depend on the cruise but there also were a lot  of loud parties on the verandas below every night.   There were many cabins with the dividers open and I am sure they were hosting friends from other cabins.  

It is also a long walk to the stairwells.   Some may say that is ok as it helps burn off the calories.   Trust me,  the  amount of calories burned wouldn’t amount enough to burn off a sniff of a cookie.  😱.     That long walk can get to be tiresome especially when you want to go the the cabin to get something or take back.  The good thing is when you leave the cabin there is only one way to go and same with coming back.   It doesn’t matter what side of the ship you walk down coming back because you will end up at the cabin if walking to the aft.  

I am sure others had different experiences but I can only comment on mine. 

Happy cruising 🌊🇺🇸🚢🌅

We were in Sky Suite on Reflection.   Every morning, early, we could hear food / dish carts rolling across the floor above in the Cafe.   I suggested they go from hard rollers to a more rubberized or inflated roller.  They accepted my feedback, but I doubt an action will be taken.    Great room, but it was the only time on a cruise ship that I had a noise problem from above.