Live from Jewel of the Seas Transatlantic 2022

The captain just announced that we will be here an extra hour and a half as they are doing some engine work. 

The cruise continues to be excellent.  Quiet, half empty, great crew, good food, and great views of the Canaries. 

get better Dee!

• Thanks 1

Still here 2 hours after we were originally due to sail. I didn’t hear the captain’s announcement so thanks for the update Pretzlaff 😘

Thanks all for the get well wishes, still lots of aches and pans but I don’t feel I’ll.

Talk tomorrow.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Deeliteful said:

Still here 2 hours after we were originally due to sail. I didn’t hear the captain’s announcement so thanks for the update Pretzlaff 😘

Thanks all for the get well wishes, still lots of aches and pans but I don’t feel I’ll.

Talk tomorrow.

Hope you're feeling great after a good rest 🙂 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, 65Mommy said:

How is the staff?  are they as passionate and as good as pre-pandemic days?

They are all fantastic I have found so far. Friendly, smiling and remembering your name.

Not met a poor one yet, all amazing at what they do.

The Jewel is such a lovely ship too.  5* from me for crew and ship so far.

• Like 7

13 hours ago, Deeliteful said:

Day 5 Gran Canaria

Hello from sunny Gran Canaria. Unfortunately a pretty boring day for me as not feeling good and confined to my cabin but luckily tested negative for both Covid and Flu!

I thinks it’s more likely stemming from a fall I had the day before the cruise which has probably caused the aches and pains and the fatigue just down to needing more sleep!

Anyway 24 hours quarantine so hope I feel well and refreshed for Chef’s table tomorrow night.

Will try and get some amazing shots from the balcony to stop today’s update being too boring! 

Cheers

Pat

Sorry you’re not feeling well. Hope you’re just needing some rest and that you will feel better soon. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Deeliteful said:

They are all fantastic I have found so far. Friendly, smiling and remembering your name.

Not met a poor one yet, all amazing at what they do.

The Jewel is such a lovely ship too.  5* from me for crew and ship so far.

I can only confirm! The Radiance class is the ideal size.🛳️👍

• Like 3

Lovely review.  I hope you feel better.  I love these longer trips- you get relaxed enough to read books and get all calmed down and grounded.  Three questions- is the library quiet, can you walk all the way around on the promenade, and have you seen any indications of ballroom dancing?   

• Thanks 1

Still in quarantine but hoping I’ll be allowed to escape in time for Chef’s table this evening.

Thanks again for the good wishes, I now think it is down to my fall so just aches and pains combined with my arthritis is aging me by a decade at least!

I have not been to the library, I did try to walk around the prom on deck 5 but it was closed off so will check again tomorrow.

I have seen dancing in the Centrum but not ballroom.

I will take pics at Chef’s table this evening and will try and get around the ship deck by deck tomorrow for some pics.

The Atlantic is like lake Atlantic today - pic will follow.

cheers for now

Pat

• Like 4

Day 6 continued

So I managed to escape from my room as my test was negative (again) and started off my evening with a Kir Royale in Vintages.

A quick win on 3 card poker table and then off to Chef’s Table.

Two couples from our CC roll call, 9 of us in total.

Now this is my personal opinion so please don’t judge me!

The food was sublime, pics below, the wine not as great in my opinion, only one would I drink again - the Marlborough Sauvignon. Blanc.

The “sommelier” was not great, very friendly but difficult to understand and took far too long between courses. The whole experience was over 4 hours, 3 would have been better!

So here are my pics and I am now having a lie down! 😂BA5ECF09-0D64-4B67-A0AE-44DDDCBC2B3F.thumb.jpeg.7817891a479b0d6aecb617adde697d95.jpeg9D0898B0-7442-418E-8676-C8A33AB10102.thumb.jpeg.2b459bcd195997e120680a59f2edcc95.jpegA30E57BC-E7F7-4325-B269-2DBC892EA8BA.thumb.jpeg.874d8d564ac39e24c89f19439cf61391.jpeg23B6D293-6C2A-4D13-A545-1591A38B2C5B.thumb.jpeg.b343136fc167e0fa6467b2834d8e783c.jpeg510237BF-3D76-4953-A651-58C16921D6F2.thumb.jpeg.4c8ab0d70f1037401f04dded0aceadb8.jpeg

• Like 4

On 10/29/2022 at 11:15 AM, BND said:

LOL.  Well, documents say T1, but Port Canaveral schedule says T5.  I'm inclined to believe it's T5 as once Wonder arrives, she's at T1  Harmony returns on 6 Nov to T1 to drop off guests and then leaves around 11 for FLL.   CG inspection is that morning for Jewel and boarding starts at 12.  Oh, and the fact our docs for the second leg of our b2b on Jewel (13 Nov) also states T1, but that's the date Wonder arrives in PC and is scheduled at T1 and we know Oasis class is always at T1.   I just think our docs are incorrect.  The PC port schedule has IN and HOTS until 6 Nov Wonder starting 13 Nov at T1 and Mariner and Jewel at T5 which makes sense for parking.  So, I'm going with T5, but we'll know for sure on the 6th.

Wow...confusing indeed.  I was going to mention if you were going to T1, drop bags and walk next door to Grills for Bloody Marys while you wait for check in.  😉  That is our usual.  😄 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Wow...confusing indeed.  I was going to mention if you were going to T1, drop bags and walk next door to Grills for Bloody Marys while you wait for check in.  😉  That is our usual.  😄 

We've cruised out of T1 a couple of times and also have had a couple of port stops there.  We've eaten at Grills a couple of times too.  Too bad I don't like Bloody Mary's lol.  We'll just head over at checkout at 11.  Since we're the first boarding group at 12, worst case is we sit in our car in the garage for a little bit whether it's T1 or T5.  

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

Day 7

sorry I’m late, a busy day at Sea!

With gaining an hour again, I was up early and even managed to eat breakfast in the MDR, that’s unusual for me. Smoked salmon bagel and tea.

Still struggling with aches and pains so decided a steam and sauna would be good and then had taster massage, so good   I booked a shoulder and back massage for later this afternoon.

A little relaxation in the Solarium, a game of bingo (only ever on cruises!), too fast for me. Entered the slot tournament and made the final but winner takes all so no cash for me 🙄

My massage was excellent, if you want a good one ask for Natasha! Highly recommend, so good I booked two more!

Obviously it’s Halloween today. Now in the UK the kids dress up but adults don’t but I knew a few people were going to dress up so I thought I would make a bit of an effort too!

However, what I didn’t realise is that it is basically just fancy dress, not necessarily spooky clothing! So I looked like Morticia or something similar  and felt a bit of a fool but did get some good comments 😂

Halloween party in the Centrum which was well attended but after Solarium and massage it was an early night for me. Pics to follow.

see you tomorrow!👻☠️ 

• Like 5