Price Drop

Lonedaddy

6 hours ago, Tothesunset said:

I must admit to an outsize hypocrisy over P2P/D2D. I deplore the D2D concept, not for itself (even though the included elements carry a huge mark-up), but for its promotion at the expense of those of us who prefer to make our own arrangements. 

And now I've only gone and booked an expedition cruise on the Wind which is only offered in D2D. In my defence, it was an offer from a UK agent that was hard to refuse. 

But I can't help but feel slightly soiled by being a traitor to the Provisional P2P Army. 

But I know the real reason is you bagged 738.😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was looking for something else on this board, but stumbled upon this thread.

You most definitely CAN reprice a P2P fare, I had done so just a few months back for an Antarctica Wind sailing next February. My deposit was already paid, and I had rebooked to a lower fare (a few thousand in difference). The remainder balance due at 150 days out just became smaller after I had repriced it. However if it was within 150 days already, I doubt one will be issued a refund for an otherwise nonrefundable P2P fare.

We are using a NYC based Virtuoso travel provider.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tothesunset said:

Looks like the price guarantee really doesn't apply to P2P. From the Ts & Cs on the UK site:

Screenshot_20221028-164926~2.png

Not really trying to steer all onto the D2D prices eh!

Have they actually stopped to think that if P2P are made too toxic to book and the D2D not palatable because its over priced and contains too many not wanted things, that SS will not gain new customers, they will lose many of their loyal fanbase?

Edited by les37b
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

As a follow up with the new 20% discount PtoP prepay.  The repriced my fare and also had a 500 pp savings so my same SV cabin went from 17700 to 13160 for the 14 night  may 29th Norway cruise on the dawn. 

Full payment due Jan 1st  

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Lonedaddy said:

As a follow up with the new 20% discount PtoP prepay.  The repriced my fare and also had a 500 pp savings so my same SV cabin went from 17700 to 13160 for the 14 night  may 29th Norway cruise on the dawn. 

Full payment due Jan 1st  

Unsure if you are saying you previously booked this and SS have applied the discount to your already booked price and also an extra 1000 discount on top?

Great if they have, but unsure if that would be the norm as it’s outside of the T&Cs shown and highlighted above. We can hope.

9 minutes ago, les37b said:

Unsure if you are saying you previously booked this and SS have applied the discount to your already booked price and also an extra 1000 discount on top?

Great if they have, but unsure if that would be the norm as it’s outside of the T&Cs shown and highlighted above. We can hope.

Correct 20% off plus the 500pp on previously booked p2p (non-ref deposit)  Full payment now due jan 1

• Like 1

I have asked SS to review my 2024 trip and to reprice it to reflect the new p2p plus additional discount  pricing.   I have been paid up for this trip for a considerable time having failed to get to Oz/NZ now for three years due to covid then inability to dove tail a cruise with an available "great train ride" in Oz and have finally managed to book Indian Pacific from Perth to Sydney followed by Sydney to Auckland cruise only to find that SS are now offering a much lower price for the cruise.  I dont want to faff with a cancellation and rebooking and have simply asked to be repriced to reflect the latest offer.   I am awaiting response.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well I emailed SS last weekend and said to my consultant that there was no huge urgency my trip isnt until 2024 and I am aware that the new offer will probably have caused many future cruisers to review their arrangements plus the recent unrest in Lima has probably caused some disquiet amongst those currently due to go.   Sooooo  I got a response from consultant yesterday morning, he explained the downsides of repricing which would necessitate a cancellation and rebooking an obviously at the lowest price no refund for subsequent cancellation but that I could go ahead if I wished and he would action any such request.  I confirmed I wished to go ahead, I have already paid for a non refundable Indian Pacific Train fare and will be booking my flights in a months time (cheapest 350 days ahead) so I am confident we will definitely be travelling.   The upside is a refund of circa £2,100 but with a £400 admin fee for cancellation which will convert to an FCC so is not actually lost.   A real win win and very effectively and efficiently executed.  I have kept my choice of cabin (rebooked) but have had to re-enter my excursion choices which was no big deal.   I was planning on doing my own flights anyway because I wish to stop in Singapore on the way south to have tea at Raffles and then fly on to Perth to see the Quokkas on Rottnest Island before joining the Indian Pacific train.   There seem to be several cost effective airline routings so I shall set about that at the end of January.

• Like 1