liquor disappeared from food and beverages orders for upcoming cruise

seagoer1973

On 10/28/2022 at 3:03 PM, pc_load_letter said:

Agreed, nothing is free. 

But I in my years of cruising, I have never seen Cheers discounted with the exception of the small discount for purchasing it early.

On 10/28/2022 at 3:18 PM, Joebucks said:

I have also never seen Cheers discounted on its own. In the past year or so (maybe more, I don't know) Carnival has finally introduced bundled fares that include Cheers. I don't know if they are as freely available to the public as NCL's offer, but I and others have certainly got them. The times I have looked at them, I recalled it being about 40-50% cheaper to do that than to buy it the traditional way. 

There was a brief special when CHEERS was on sale for 20%

1 hour ago, Elaine5715 said:

There was a brief special when CHEERS was on sale for 20%

That was an IT glitch meant for the spa that many got the benefit of using for other items.  I missed out but at least Carnival honored the purchases.  

It would be really interesting to see Carnival actually step up and strictly enforce their new rules and policies.  It might be a PR nightmare or a quick way of turning their declining reputation around.

Edited by MrMarc
  • Like 1

On 10/25/2022 at 11:46 PM, cruisingguy007 said:

Oh boy! This will be the last straw for some folks. Terrible timing when you're trying to fill ships IMO. Then there is the fact that some like to pay for nicer suites and cabins so they can chill back in them and enjoy them, having to go and fetch drinks all the time is a buzz kill. The fun ships officially just got less fun. I was hoping this was a rumor but this pretty much confirms it, would have been great to have an announcement for those of us with cruises past final payment. What a crappy surprise.   

Time to dust off the ol' Rum Runners!

On 10/29/2022 at 4:39 PM, 65Mommy said:

We have never tried this before, is it a good money saver?

On 10/29/2022 at 8:18 PM, 65Mommy said:

Buying online before departure?

Buying what?  You aren't clear, too many subjects being discussed.

If you mean Cheers: buying before you get on board saves you something like 10%.

If you mean the liquor bottles in the room: moot point, not offered any more.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Buying what?  You aren't clear, too many subjects being discussed.

If you mean Cheers: buying before you get on board saves you something like 10%.

If you mean the liquor bottles in the room: moot point, not offered any more.

Thanks for explaining.  I got distracted and was not able to login for a few days.

On 10/26/2022 at 10:25 AM, BlerkOne said:

Who else allows cruisers to pre-order bottles?

Princess offers bottles for sale at quite a reasonable price. And for those of us who don't drink enough to break even on a package and don't need internet, it's appreciated.

Everyone thinks the drink packages are the bomb, but for a lot of us they just aren't a great deal.

Edited by ScottsSweetie
  • Like 1

On 10/25/2022 at 10:01 PM, BlerkOne said:

No doubt a partial response to the increase in rule breaking and violence on ships. Just like the announced $500 fine for rowdy behavior.

Carnival has no way of monitoring how much people drink in their cabins.

Some will try to wrongly blame Carnival instead of the real culprits. No doubt Carnival would prefer not to have to cut off a source of revenue.

I don’t really drink because it makes my restless arms and legs act up, so we ordered it to the room which DH preferred anyway. What was nice on my holland America cruise in September was the mini bar in the room so I could have two cocktails over the course of the cruise. I haven’t been on carnival since the before times, but I’m sure they didn’t add mini bars in the rooms lol. 

On 10/27/2022 at 10:21 AM, Riles34 said:

It is a cutback to the "law abiding citizens" who follow rules and can be a good person. Many of us like to make a drink and hang out on our balcony. Now we will have to make the 20 minute trip to the bar just to get a beverage and lose out on our relaxation. I know it may seem petty to some, but lots of us enjoy this amenity that is no longer. I would have rather paid $130 a bottle than wasting time waiting in line for a drink. I don't think this will have any effect on the consumption of booze and fights. Now people will fight in line to get that drink, jk. But hey, what do I know? 

This has always been Dh’s point of view. He despises fighting for a spot at the bar and having to wait to get a drink. We get a suite or a balcony and wait for the pier runners. 

I think we are aging out of carnival anyway. I thoroughly enjoyed holland America, but they don’t depart from Nola.