morning, lunch and dinner mealtimes. I believe 

there are two casual places to eat? The review on

here about the Pursuit is very interesting and 

looks lovely. Thank you for any info you have for

the ship if Azamara is different from the cruise lines

I have mentioned above. 
Thank you

Debbie

Was on the Pursuit in August. Did both breakfast (opened at 7AM) and the occasional lunch when not in port on excursions. Lots of choices from healthy to delicious (and your doctor wouldn't approve). There are also places where you can get a bite between meals if hungry on the ship. I chose Azamara because of the itineraries but also it being casual. I didn't bring a sports coat and dress in the dining room and specialty restaurants I would call country club casual. I wore a collared golf shirt and pants and was never out of place.  You will enjoy your cruise!!

• Like 1

Thanks Luv2travel,

you have made me feel much better, we are very casual. We also chose 

Azamara for the  itineraries which have ports that we have never been, other

cruises have the same itineraries over and over. We never bring dress clothes

just casual, was sort of afraid ship might be more formal. Thanks so much and

if you have any more info let me know. We are also on Pursuit!

Debbie

• Like 1

HMatt,

We love to dine al fresco… “out the back” as I call it… on Azamara cruises. We even got to dine outside “running dark” through the Gulf of Aden. (Long story…)    Usually the buffet has a different country theme every evening and I still crave the escargot in a thick cream sauce on the France night!  I asked for just a taste but because few people were in the venue, the chef filled my plate, that I then shared with our table… and one person went for his own portion… The MDR is wonderful but we like the ambiance and informality of the Sunset Veranda… weather permitting… but don’t miss the brunch in the MDR when offered…

Enjoy!

• Like 4

On 10/26/2022 at 11:53 PM, hmatt said:

Thanks Luv2travel,

you have made me feel much better, we are very casual. We also chose 

Azamara for the  itineraries which have ports that we have never been, other

cruises have the same itineraries over and over. We never bring dress clothes

just casual, was sort of afraid ship might be more formal. Thanks so much and

if you have any more info let me know. We are also on Pursuit!

Debbie

The buffets are very casual, though for now most times they are plated a la carte from a choice of three starters, one sometimes two soups, three mains and two desserts.  The food is very good and you can see example servings in a display chiller before making your selection.  The only nights that were serve yourself on both our cruises in September and October were the first night and Indian night.  The other themes (Italian, French, Mexican, Greek, Indonesian, Thai, Chinese and British - the latter surprisingly good) were all plated.  You can still eat outside IF they have set up serving stations there (did not happen every night) or indoors with tables set with white cloths.

Your other casual option in the Patio which may be open apart from the first evening.  The evening menu there is very good, although the desserts can be hit or miss.  Its perfectly ok if you are sitting in the Patio to ask for starters and desserts from the Windows Buffet which gives a good mix and match.  My favourite patio meal is the lamb tournedos 

• Like 1

We got off the Pursuit yesterday. The food everywhere was was fantastic!  The Windows Cafe (buffet) was exceptionally good.  There is no ala carte service anymore. It is entirely self-service and the options are endless!  I tried to eat some of everything, but failed, as the selections were so numerous!   Almost every night has a themed dinner.  My favorites were Indian, Asian and Spanish. You will love it!  We also had two Chef's Table dinners, French and Italian ($95 per person and worth it).  What an amazing meal each was, complete with wine pairings and unbelievable service.  Chef Nathan is wonderful!  On the day we arrived in Kusadasi at 1:00 p.m. there was an fantastic brunch  buffet in the main dining room.  It was beautiful and the selections were unending and delicious! I know I am using a lot of superlatives, but they are warranted.  We board the Quest tomorrow for a cruise from Athens to Dubai and look forward to seeing how it compares with the Pursuit.  Just as good, I hope!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Thanks for the update.

It’s interesting you just cannot now believe what senior officers tell you onboard. We were assured the a la carte approach in Windows in the evening was a permanent change!  (To be honest we preferred it as we prefer to be served of an evening) 

I wish they’d make their minds up and be consistent across all four ships!!!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, uktog said:

Thanks for the update.

It’s interesting you just cannot now believe what senior officers tell you onboard. We were assured the a la carte approach in Windows in the evening was a permanent change!  (To be honest we preferred it as we prefer to be served of an evening) 

I remember when Pursuit first debuted with Azamara, seeing reports that many things people were used to on Quest and Journey were not happening or being done differently.  "This is the Pursuit way" was the explanation.  Still true, I guess...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, uktog said:

Thanks for the update.

I wonder if they ever will be consistent across all 4 ships again?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

I wonder if they ever will be consistent across all 4 ships again?

I don’t think it matters on little things but on bigger issues like buffet vs served meals that’s an important one for some guests and if their expectations based on the other ships are dashed it will spoil their hard earned holiday.

Inconsistent can either be individualism, in which case make guests aware that it will be four different experiences as that is a change from their previous philosophy or it’s a lack of oversight at head office.  

I noticed a big difference between the buffets, brunches and extras (food treats brought onboard etc) on Journey with what photos and reports from the other three showed the same week.  Even down to entertainers brought on board in Koper, Onward served drinks and snacks, Journey had the same show an hour later but nothing.  That same night the other two ships also had special food events.   Don’t get me wrong, the food on Journey was good, but they seemed to have a lower budget and that showed especially at the Brunches and White Night 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

We just had a brunch today on the Quest. We had all the usual breakfast dishes, a cold meat table with cheese, prawns and smoked salmon, a quite extensive sushi table and a pasta station. It was very nice.

Certainly not what journey offered!  But we did have a granola table 🙂 

Windows Cafe is the buffet on the Pursuit, open for breakfast, lunch & dinner. We absolutely loved eating outdoors on the Veranda. The food is very high quality and there were different themes most nights. We ate there most nights because I despise having to dress for dinner. I wear a suit every day to work so the last thing I want to do is dress up on vacation.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

Windows Cafe is the buffet on the Pursuit, open for breakfast, lunch & dinner. We absolutely loved eating outdoors on the Veranda. The food is very high quality and there were different themes most nights. We ate there most nights because I despise having to dress for dinner. I wear a suit every day to work so the last thing I want to do is dress up on vacation.

There is no need to wear a suit ever on Azamara – one of the things I love about it.

I'm also very glad there are outdoor dining venues for people who like them – that leaves more room inside for DW and me!  [If God wanted us to eat outdoors, why did He give us Air Conditioning???]  🤣

• Haha 2