Is there a library on the Prima?

ontheweb

Just off the Prima today. No official library or book swap. There were a few books left by other passengers in the cupboards where the games are in on the Observation lounge deck 17.  I was lucky enough to find one but there aren’t many at all.I hope future CC cruisers will start a swap. There is an app advertised that you can download books to your kindle or phone. It was listed at the beginning of the cruise but I missed it. I would rather read an actual book while lounging in the sun anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I wouldn't rely upon finding a book left behind by someone that would interest me.  I would much rather spend some time prior to the cruise downloading some content to my kindle that I know I would enjoy.  I can easily flow through 3 or more books in a seven day cruise.  

1 hour ago, PistolPete13 said:

Unfortunately no library.  A few scattered books around the observation lounge that seem more for decoration than actual use.

Sorry to hear that, but thanks for answering my question.

I was just skimming through the NCL App as I'll be on the Prima in 3 weeks and found that they have a digital library.  If you download the Libby app you will have access to tons of books and magazines.  On Embarkation day login with your lattitudes number and you'll be able to download one book and place a hold on an additional book.  You can use your phone, tablet or e-reader.  You have access for 7 days or the duration of your cruise.

I have the Libby app and I use it in conjunction with my library card, I get access to free audiobooks as well but have access for 3 weeks. It works with the kindle app.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2022 at 5:47 PM, VegasChic said:

I was just skimming through the NCL App as I'll be on the Prima in 3 weeks and found that they have a digital library.  If you download the Libby app you will have access to tons of books and magazines.  On Embarkation day login with your lattitudes number and you'll be able to download one book and place a hold on an additional book.  You can use your phone, tablet or e-reader.  You have access for 7 days or the duration of your cruise.

I have the Libby app and I use it in conjunction with my library card, I get access to free audiobooks as well but have access for 3 weeks. It works with the kindle app.

Great information and thank you for sharing!!