Anthem Voom Speeds

corthaus

My partner and I work remotely, and we're considering a last-minute getaway on the Anthem in the next few weeks. We will use a vacation day for CocoCay, but we will work the rest of the week.

Can anyone speak to the recent Voom network performance onboard Anthem of the Seas? We were on Oasis last September and were consistently impressed with the internet performance during our cruise, but that sailing was less than 50% capacity. I would imagine a full sailing might bog down the network a bit.

Any insights are appreciated!

I don't know about the speed but on my recent 12 night Anthem cruise it worked fine for me on all but one morning. However, I did not try to stream anything. My definition of "working fine" means being able to upload photos to my live review here on Cruise Critic, so I don't know to what extent that would coincide with your definition. 😂

Also my cruise was in Europe and I believe the performance of the onboard Internet depends on location.

I have not worked this or last year on Anthem (thankfully I have 26 PTO now, also some unused days from pandemic) . Previously quality was pretty good. I was working with VPN and time to time had videoconferences. Keep in mind, if you are working in Solarium, there are no power outlets. I bring large powerbank. 

I

Edited by Tatka

Got off the TA Saturday.  It worked ok, but not great.  Didn't work on the balcony.  On the Jewel innthe Caribbean it did work on the balcony.   Didn't stream.  I got done what I needed including a Microsoft teams meeting. 

8 hours ago, corthaus said:

Can anyone speak to the recent Voom network performance onboard Anthem of the Seas?

This may depend on what kind of work you do but if Oasis VOOM worked for you Anthem should as well. She also may get Starlink which may improve performance. The ship just got back from Europe so there’s no recent US feedback yet. 

Edited by Biker19

I had sailed Anthem several times with my work laptop that must connect to a VPN.   Make sure you purchase surf n stream.  

Some cabins had better internet than others.   Most mornings I would take laptop to the library/computer room on deck 6.   It's the 2nd flr of 270.    Great view if you open the drapes and I found wifi signal to be very good in this location.

36 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I had sailed Anthem several times with my work laptop that must connect to a VPN.   Make sure you purchase surf n stream.  

Some cabins had better internet than others.   Most mornings I would take laptop to the library/computer room on deck 6.   It's the 2nd flr of 270.    Great view if you open the drapes and I found wifi signal to be very good in this location.

Yes, indeed, we noticed that the strength of the signal fluctuated wildly depending on where we were. It was usable but not great in our cabin, absolutely hopeless and kept cutting off in Sorrento's, and was excellent in the seaplex, although that venue is hardly conducive to working. DH was using surf only (free D day) and it was rubbish everywhere except for in the seaplex.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...