New Ice Cream on Princess Ships

LACruiser88

4 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

I hope they'll have it for you and others who can't have dairy! Seems to me like it would be a no-brainer for them to do that.

And it also seems like a no-brainer that they would have a sandwich or two at the IC without cheese. I’ve even talked to customer service a few times after I sent them an email. They’re so tight on money and cheese isn’t cheap so look how much money they would save if they asked someone if they would like cheese instead of slapping it down on every sandwich.  Instead I’m always told that I have to eat in the main dining room at 10 o’clock at night.  😂😂😂

5 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

Another thing. It occurs to me to wonder if Gelato, on the ships that have it, has any non-dairy options. Anybody know about that?

Sometimes they have dairy free sorbet but it’s the exact same one that I get in the dining room.  I tend to get hungry late at night, lol.  It would just be nice when I’m with family or friends and they go to eat somewhere if I can find something.  Right now I’m thinking roast beef with lettuce and tomato sounds pretty good.  Room service here at home is just terrible.
😂😂😂

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser

5 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

And it also seems like a no-brainer that they would have a sandwich or two at the IC without cheese. I’ve even talked to customer service a few times after I sent them an email. They’re so tight on money and cheese isn’t cheap so look how much money they would save if they asked someone if they would like cheese instead of slapping it down on every sandwich.  Instead I’m always told that I have to eat in the main dining room at 10 o’clock at night.  😂😂😂

That's no good! 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Sometimes they have dairy free sorbet but it’s the exact same one that I get in the dining room.  I tend to get hungry late at night, lol.  

In that case, maybe the new ice cream option will work out well for you. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, MsSoCalCruiser said:

That’s what I keep telling them… Every single cruise.  When they say that to me I ask them if it’s open and they always tell me no and that I have to wait until tomorrow to eat.

Boo! Hiss! I'm an early to bed person, so I have no idea what's available where any time after dinner. Room service?

1 minute ago, Sea Hag said:

Boo! Hiss! I'm an early to bed person, so I have no idea what's available where any time after dinner. Room service?

Yes, I can call room service and have them deliver something to me but usually we are not in the cabin. I’ve used the app before but they still put cheese on my sandwich so I have to call.  if I can go on the app and order nondairy ice cream… Oh happy day.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tak8 said:

Sounds good, but I really like some of the specialty ice cream sandwich flavors Princess has on board.

When we were on Grand Princess I was so looking forward to the pina colada option.  NEVER had it, only chocolate chip.  

18 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

At this point no dairy free.  Dairy free ice cream is very difficult and different to manufacture. 

The "no brainer" part was said in the context of the new ice cream that they're going to be offering. That brand does offer dairy free, vegan flavors, so it seems to me that it should be simple for the ships carrying this option to order some dairy free items. These days, many manufacturers off this, Ben & Jerry's for instance.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

At this point no dairy free.  Dairy free ice cream is very difficult and different to manufacture. 

Dairy free is available on the website and you can find it at any grocery store. There’s nothing difficult about it.  I don’t know why do you think it’s difficult. It’s on the website that makes the ice cream that they are going to purchase.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

The "no brainer" part was said in the context of the new ice cream that they're going to be offering. That brand does offer dairy free, vegan flavors, so it seems to me that it should be simple for the ships carrying this option to order some dairy free items. These days, many manufacturers off this, Ben & Jerry's for instance.

I even know how to make my own using my Ninja Creami.  I make a really yummy coconut milk ice cream. In this day and age so many people are vegan that I’m not sure why people think it’s difficult.  I’m definitely not vegan I’m just dairy free.

• Like 1

I checked out the ice cream brands Facebook page…less than 3000 followers. So less than a ships worth of people know/care about this brand enough to follow it on social media.

Compared to some other ice cream company’s:

Ben & Jerry’s : 8.7 mil

Blue Bell: 474k

Turkey Hill: 167k

Blue Bunny: 728k

Good Humor: 8.7 mil

Breyers: 609k

I figure she’s paying Princess or providing the product free for this partnership to gain some of their passengers as customers. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MamaMills said:

I checked out the ice cream brands Facebook page…less than 3000 followers. So less than a ships worth of people know/care about this brand enough to follow it on social media.

Compared to some other ice cream company’s:

Ben & Jerry’s : 8.7 mil

Blue Bell: 474k

Turkey Hill: 167k

Blue Bunny: 728k

Good Humor: 8.7 mil

Breyers: 609k

I figure she’s paying Princess or providing the product free for this partnership to gain some of their passengers as customers. 

Did you go to the website and see how expensive it is? It’s crazy expensive.