New Ice Cream on Princess Ships

LACruiser88

1 hour ago, stoneharborlady said:

Tyra Banks does not impress me at all.  She is well known to have a very volatile temper, and has in the past sometimes turned it on her fans, seemingly quite happy to embarrass them in public if she doesnt feel like hob nobbing with the little people.

okay, uh .......  so no ice cream for you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

20 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Did you go to the website and see how expensive it is? It’s crazy expensive.

Anything on Goldbely is crazy expensive; they take their cut, plus profit margin and delivery, not to mention packaging to keep ice cream frozen 😉

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

As excited and hopeful that I am for a non-dairy option I am truly surprised they went with this company. For approximately 7 cups of ice cream it is $90 on their website. That of course is before taxes and shipping.  

not as surprised as this guy, but he'll try it anyway, cause he's on holiday!

Edited by c-boy
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

As excited and hopeful that I am for a non-dairy option I am truly surprised they went with this company. For approximately 7 cups of ice cream it is $90 on their website. That of course is before taxes and shipping.  

We love Salt & Straw. Here's hoping it's the same quality. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stoneharborlady said:

Tyra Banks does not impress me at all.  She is well known to have a very volatile temper, and has in the past sometimes turned it on her fans, seemingly quite happy to embarrass them in public if she doesnt feel like hob nobbing with the little people.

Sat next to her on a flight from Houston to LA years ago, and she was nice and personable. Don't always believe stories you read.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Sat next to her on a flight from Houston to LA years ago, and she was nice and personable. Don't always believe stories you read.

Glad that you had a good experience with her, not everyone has.

Edited by stoneharborlady

9 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I will just be happy if I can order some non-dairy/vegan ice cream.  After watching others eat the good stuff for a few days, I am more than willing to pay for something that I can have. 😂😂😂

8 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

I hope they'll have it for you and others who can't have dairy! Seems to me like it would be a no-brainer for them to do that.

Doesn’t seem to be available that way yet:

image.thumb.png.186d06901336f7205ad19ba9795ca4d8.png

image.thumb.png.1924baa9ec712545a90edb955c37c06b.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

@Sea Hagthank you.  I just found it on Facebook and asked  them if they would have the non-dairy or vegan options available for those of us that cannot have dairy. This was their reply.  They did not answer my question so my guess is no.  I have a dairy allergy and I know I’m not the only person that cruises that has dairy allergies or is vegan.

1634ED16-3056-4B32-ABCD-2988AD510EF9.jpeg

“Please liaise with your Head Waiter……”

Who in the hell speaks this way??

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, MamaMills said:

I checked out the ice cream brands Facebook page…less than 3000 followers. So less than a ships worth of people know/care about this brand enough to follow it on social media.

Compared to some other ice cream company’s:

Ben & Jerry’s : 8.7 mil

Blue Bell: 474k

Turkey Hill: 167k

Blue Bunny: 728k

Good Humor: 8.7 mil

Breyers: 609k

I figure she’s paying Princess or providing the product free for this partnership to gain some of their passengers as customers. 

Tyra Banks has 12 million followers on Facebook and 7.1 million on Instagram (Ben & Jerry's has 1.5m on Insta, btw). I think if she thought how many followers of SmiZE there were on Facebook was crucial to the success of the company, dropping a "follow this" in her other social media accounts would do the trick.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I haven’t tried that one…yet.  😊

Can't recommend it enough, especially at this time of year. Check out their seasonal flavours, they are delightful. They have one in Studio City on the boulevard near Yeastie Boys (bagels), so we get our fill of delicious food! 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Kay S said:

Just my opinion, but the gimmicks on new Princess are getting out of control.

Tyra Banks has a huge following on Insta. Some of her followers may not be familiar with cruising on Princess or even know about Princess. She adds value to the product, and exposure to her followers.  Tyra has 7 million followers, Princess only has 400k followers. Looks like it's tied in with 360 also, which was at the same launch event. Princess needs to grow and evolve. Same old same old doesn't work forever. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Kay S said:

Just my opinion, but the gimmicks on new Princess are getting out of control.

Eugen Levy GIFs | Tenor

oh, so your not up to the challenge of keeping up with the  Duffy's, Swartz's,  Padgett's .....

Since Princess and Holland America are closely related, maybe Mr. Padgett could have asked someone at HAL about their experience with Oprah?  Just saying ... 😉  These relationships are rarely successful and soon fade away never to be heard of again, just like their instigators. 

1 hour ago, taxmantoo said:

Since Princess and Holland America are closely related, maybe Mr. Padgett could have asked someone at HAL about their experience with Oprah?  Just saying ... 😉  These relationships are rarely successful and soon fade away never to be heard of again, just like their instigators. 

I had forgotten about that.