Anyone on Sirena now?

sbcs5390

4 hours ago, MarkWiltonM said:

You exit the ship prior to going through immigration, right? I'm just asking the typical Oceania schedule for passengers to leave the ship. Does it start at 7:30? 8:00? Assuming the ship arrives at 7:00 as scheduled. (And I'm not talking about disembarking from a transatlantic. I'll be on a closed-loop Miami-Miami Caribbean cruise.)

This spring on the immigration was present on the ship as we were leaving.  In September when arriving near Britain immigration was onboard to meet us face to face one at a time.

15 hours ago, davencl said:

This spring on the immigration was present on the ship as we were leaving.  In September when arriving near Britain immigration was onboard to meet us face to face one at a time.

Interesting. I've never been on a U.S. closed-loop cruise to the Caribbean where immigration officials were actually on the ship for disembarkation. Or if they were, it was never apparent and didn't delay disembarkation. Of course you have to go through customs/immigration in the terminal. There is usually a line for U.S. citizens (in U.S. ports) and a separate line for non-U.S. citizens, as I recall. We usually sail out of and into Port Everglades and the process is usually very fast.

1 hour ago, MarkWiltonM said:

Interesting. I've never been on a U.S. closed-loop cruise to the Caribbean where immigration officials were actually on the ship for disembarkation. Or if they were, it was never apparent and didn't delay disembarkation. Of course you have to go through customs/immigration in the terminal. There is usually a line for U.S. citizens (in U.S. ports) and a separate line for non-U.S. citizens, as I recall. We usually sail out of and into Port Everglades and the process is usually very fast.

In the past  most of the  time  we had to line up   it was for non US  citizens

Then they would call names of the US citizens  that did not declare their  purchases 😉

Then crew were called

then disembarkation  started

Sometimes  we did not line up on the ship  just zipped through in the port building after  getting luggage

• Thanks 1

We were in Sirena in October for the northern cities tour. It was wonderful. The staff were great, service was excellent even if the supply of Villa Maria ran out. We didn’t want for anything! 
We took some wine on board with us, didn’t have time to drink it all! 
We enjoyed the team trivia every afternoon, made some new friends there.

Food was delicious. We enjoyed the themed nights in the buffet a couple of times, staff there were wonderful, super keen to get you to try their particular speciality. 
We have been on 4 cruises this year, all with different lines (Cunard, HAL and Silverseas)  Sirena was our favourite!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

We are onboard and have not noticed any supply chain related issues.  I will say in conversations with officers they think the inspections may take awhile as it’s the first time in several years that Sirena has undergone  these inspections.