Black Friday any news on a sale

zippy222

23 hours ago, pickle11 said:

Thank you.  But I prefer the west coast and only one flight.  Those deals just do not work for me.  But at those prices those ships should sail full fast.  Now lets talk Hawaii.  Give us a deal there.

Like I have mention before it is all about value.

So which cruise are you sailing on?

In the last two years they've had to boot people from Hawaii cruises because they don't have enough staff to serve guests. And given the lack of competition from other lines, I don't think you'll be seeing any deals there.

If you open up the US Latitudes offers page, it fits show 1 extra point for 2023 sailings (total of 2 for non Haven and 3 for Suites snd Haven). However, if you go to the bottom of that offer page and click Terms & Conditions and scroll to the bottom, you will see where it Two Extra Latitude points on select cruises for a limited time.

Edited by laudergayle
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

If you open up the US Latitudes offers page, it fits show 1 extra point for 2023 sailings (total of 2 for non Haven and 3 for Suites snd Haven). However, if you go to the bottom of that offer page and click Terms & Conditions and scroll to the bottom, you will see where it Two Extra Latitude points on select cruises for a limited time.

yes.  They still haven't updated the web page yet.  If you do a mock booking, you do see that the extra point is there. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, weltek said:

In the last two years they've had to boot people from Hawaii cruises because they don't have enough staff to serve guests. And given the lack of competition from other lines, I don't think you'll be seeing any deals there.

Hawaii remains one of the most expensive places to visit because of the unique offering to Americans. It’s still America. It is easy vacationing. To the xenophobic American traveller it means no passport, no birth certificates. No currency exchange. Foreign travel isn’t that hard but it is intimidating to many people that don’t have experience with it. So, the travel and hospitality can charge a premium for the convenience to Americans. Some of the same patterns exist with the USVI. 

Regardless of how NCL advertises their "sales," prices never change. The "regular" price advertised is totally made up, so any "sale" is just marketing. Ignore the "limited time only" sales as they'll be back tomorrow, just broken down a different way. Occasionally there will be small deals such as a CruiseNext bonus of $250 or double Latitude points. You are going to save the most money by booking off the peak times.  Below is an excerpt from the NCL "terms and conditions" that says it all. 

Original rate prices quoted are offering prices and may not have resulted in, and savings shown from original prices may not be based on, actual sales. From time to time, we may use original to mean the price offered during a previous seasonal time period, and therefore such prices may not have been in effect during the past 90 days. Quoted cruise prices are subject to promotions, discounts, and sales based on many factors including but not limited to seasonality, timing, range or mix of offers at a particular time, demand, availability, and capacity management.

4 hours ago, weltek said:

I beg to differ by example as far as competition. 

NCL Hawaii cruise for my family of four (2 kids) for 7 days next August in OV with FAS is $7300

My recently booked Hawaii cruise on Princess to Hawaii for 16 days next August with Drink package, wifi, grats for 2 and $400 OBC is $6500 ..... For a cruise more than double the length. It's less than a 15 day on Carnival too which includes nothing. 

NCL is a ripoff and for those that don't shop around you're doomed to over spend. 

Edited by MichiganFisherman

Update on double bonus points offer.  I've been on the phone a couple times today with NCL.  My understanding at this point.  The double bonus point offer can NOT be retroactively applied to an existing reservation number.  The only way to accomplish the desired end result is to completely cancel the existing reservation and create an entirely new reservation.  Obviously, it is desirable that the price remains the same and similar rooms can be booked.  So far, I have done this on three 2023 sailings.  No step back in room choices.  No price increases.  Just earning one additional Latitudes point per night.  Does it take some time?  Yeah, but I have plenty of that and it's pretty painless to sit here at my desk and work through it.  We don't really need the points but it will help DD get to Saphire much sooner.  I think that will buy her an extra 5% off Shorex (i.e. $$$) and a few things that really aren't worth much.  YMMV.

There is no sale. Figured out that the price says ex. “now” $1339.00/pp

That’s what each person pays. The 2nd guest free is based off of the original price of the cruise, not the “now” 1339.00/pp price. So you’re charged the full fare price. 1/2 is removed and the balance split between the two passengers.  Rep. said “It’s just a play in words.” 
So each person is still paying $1339.
The only difference, for me, is that now I get double Latitude Points for this cruise.  My cruise was already booked a few months back. 

Edited by Starrgazer50

28 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

The double bonus point offer can NOT be retroactively applied to an existing reservation number.  The only way to accomplish the desired end result is to completely cancel the existing reservation and create an entirely new reservation.  Obviously, it is desirable that the price remains the same and similar rooms can be booked.  So far, I have done this on three 2023 sailings.  No step back in room choices.  No price increases.  Just earning one additional Latitudes point per night. 

We were able to get the extra point, as well.  Several days ago our PCC was able to get us a price reduction.  I thought it was $160 but it was $130 due to the change in the daily bev charge.  But still…a savings!  Today she did whatever she needed to do to get us the extra Latitude point per night…yay!

• Thanks 1

Is free air for European cruises for someone flying in from the USA a good deal? Just looking at flights I'm seeing that NCL's cost are in line with buying them on your own so you actually do get free airfare for the second person. 

Edited by dom89

2 hours ago, shaun07 said:

If Ncl sold cars 

Car with 4 wheels $10,000. 

**Black Friday sale **

Car with 2 wheels plus 2 wheels free $11000. 

The two free wheels get free air.  Way to go NCL

Edited by pickle11