Scenic Documents positive experience

terry&mike

As I know there has been some discussion on Scenic corporate not being efficient in some of the pre-cruise prep recently, I wanted to post our positive experience.  

We are sailing the Mekong on a program that has 3 nights in Siem Reap at the Raffles Hotel Siem Reap, and 7 nights Siem Reap to Ho Chi Minh City on the Scenic Spirit. The program starts on December 31, 2022. I contacted Scenic about 2 weeks ago to let them know that this is part of a longer Asia trip for us, and that we are departing the U.S. on December 8, and that we would like our final documents emailed early if possible. I am happy to report that we received our final travel documents with detailed information on meeting points, transfers, and various other details, via email yesterday, November 7, 2022, well ahead of our departure. 

This will be our second time sailing with Scenic, as we did the 11 day Beautiful Bordeaux sailing with them in October 2021 and had a fabulous time. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Follow up: in yesterday's mail, November 10, 2022, we received a Priority Mail envelope from Scenic that contained a small bound paperback book, titled "Vietnam, Cambodia & Laos Complimentary Guide". This looks to be a wonderful book filled with geography, history, cultural discussion, facts, travel tips, recommendations, maps, and so on. There is also a small section in the back on Thailand. 

There was also a letter enclosed welcoming us on our upcoming journey, and stating that usually backpacks would be a part of the welcome packet, but due to supply issues, they are currently out of stock. It gives the option for us to request backpacks be sent to us when they become available. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Warning:  they are very heavy.

Agree. We did not take them up on the option to have backpacks mailed when they become available, as we have had them before and gave them away. While the Scenic ones are very nice backpacks, my husband prefers to travel with one he specifically chose for trips. 

Dear Terry & Mike,

We are trying to get this itinerary booked for Feb/Mar 2025, and whilst the Ozzy prices and dates are available, the UK branch of Scenic are yet to get to the party.  I will be interested to hear about your Mekong experience as it looks on paper to be an amazing itinerary. Enjoy !!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Has Scenic been hacked again? I keep getting emails promoting their ocean cruises, but when I open them and try to go to their web site I get a message saying they are having problems with their web site and advising me to call for information on cruises. It has been several weeks like that. Seems like deja vu all over again.

I've cleared my cache and tried on a different computer that has never visited the Scenic site. Same message comes up at the bottom of the home page saying they are having some technical difficulties with their web site and suggesting a phone call for more information on a cruise. Same on Chrome, Firefox and Bing.

3 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

To help you get all the info possible before making that phone call, here are the current catalogs:

Scenic Europe 2023.pdfUnavailable

Scenic Egypt, Jordan & Israel 2023-24.pdfUnavailable

Scenic Southeast Aisa 2023-24.pdfUnavailable

For me (maybe because I am in Canada - no idea) these attachments all show as Unavailable.

On 12/12/2022 at 3:11 PM, CJANDH said:

I've cleared my cache and tried on a different computer that has never visited the Scenic site. Same message comes up at the bottom of the home page saying they are having some technical difficulties with their web site and suggesting a phone call for more information on a cruise. Same on Chrome, Firefox and Bing.

I just pulled up the Scenic site and I see the same message at the bottom of the page.  🤷‍♂️

The attachment thing is bizarre, as they aren't links:  I downloaded the pdf files and then uploaded them from my computer.  And I can download them back again!  So I wonder why no one else can?...

I just checked the scenicusa.com website:  I get the warning message at the bottom of the screen, but the website does seem to be working.  The Scenic website has always reacted very slowly to clicks – I feel like I can trace the ping going from the US around the world to Australia and back again!

On 12/12/2022 at 4:11 PM, CJANDH said:

I just went into the Canadian Scenic site, only "warning" I got on the bottom of the page is that they use cookies. Maybe if you just want to view cruises, you can try Scenic dot ca? Our prices will be in Cdn $$, so not the same, but at least you can view what's up.