Pirate’s LIVE Mardi Gras Review…11/12/22-11/19/22

pirate4me2

6 hours ago, kelkel2 said:

I’m so sorry to hear about your pony. Sending hugs. 

Thank you. 

6 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

so sorry!

Thanks

6 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Are you going to different ports?

Same ports, just different days. We were originally at sea Sunday,  in Coz on Monday, Costa Maya Tuesday, Roatan Wednesday, then 2 sea days home. 

5 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

So sorry about your pony. Safe travels tomorrow. 😎

Thank you. 

Alarm went off at 5, we left the camper at 6:03. Took longer than expected to get ready this morning…the chores that I had planned for yesterday didn’t get done, so we had to do them in the pouring rain this morning. Thanks Nicole! 
Anyway, we are on 26 now, and Waze expects us to get to the hotel about 2. Yeah right. Waze doesn’t know my potty habits, or take into account that we HAVE to stop at Buc-ees. After yesterday, Pirate needs chocolate, and Buc-ees has delicious dark chocolate covered pecans. 

• Like 3

Not sure if you are part of the 900 or so on the group that I am following on another social page, but please know that we are very probably sailing late.  The port is STILL not open, ships that were supposed to be there now are not (DCL Wish is saying MAYBE 3pm, maybe) - RCCL has pushed their Saturday sailing to Sunday and cruise mapper is showing our ship not back into port until 10am tomorrow - if the port opens.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Imalismom said:

Not sure if you are part of the 900 or so on the group that I am following on another social page, but please know that we are very probably sailing late.  The port is STILL not open, ships that were supposed to be there now are not (DCL Wish is saying MAYBE 3pm, maybe) - RCCL has pushed their Saturday sailing to Sunday and cruise mapper is showing our ship not back into port until 10am tomorrow - if the port opens.

Thank you for the heads up. More of my travel luck I guess! 🤦🏻‍♀️

15 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

My pre cruise bad luck struck again. About 1:30 I had to say goodbye to my sweet old pony that I’ve had for 22 years. 😩 At least i won’t be worrying about her while I’m on vacation, but this is NOT how I wanted this adventure to begin. 
Tomorrow morning about 5 am we head out for Cape Canaveral. Tomorrow evening, at dinner at Fishlips, I will raise a toast to Savannah. 
Sorry for the depressing post. I promise to be happier onboard! 

25AC24DA-8C9A-495E-BA10-49B435364C38.jpeg

What a beauty, RIP Savannah.

• Like 1

Barreling down I95 and DH decides I haven’t been tortured enough the past 24 hours. As he’s sipping his “yuel fuel” coffee, he turns the radio to CHRISTMAS music and begins singing along. 
Where’s the ejector seat button in this car? 

• Haha 18

Like I said, Waze and it’s 2:00 arrival in Cape Canaveral is way off. Gotta have some stops along the way!

We stopped at some coffee shop DH wanted to try right over the GA border, then I did some retail therapy in Jacksonville at a tack store I discovered years ago. We just stopped for a late lunch at Buc-ees (have you tried their cheesesteak burrito? Yum! And the pecan cranberry chicken salad is awesome!) and so I could get my pecans. Now, at 2:30, we are about 2 hours out with one more stop to make at Total Wine. 
Traffic has been not terrible, but not the best. My road rage is a bit worse than usual, so DH is doing most of the driving. 
I’ll update when we find the hotel. 🙂 

75C3E235-07FA-49C9-875B-7E040F293DDF.jpeg

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

Like I said, Waze and it’s 2:00 arrival in Cape Canaveral is way off. Gotta have some stops along the way!

We stopped at some coffee shop DH wanted to try right over the GA border, then I did some retail therapy in Jacksonville at a tack store I discovered years ago. We just stopped for a late lunch at Buc-ees (have you tried their cheesesteak burrito? Yum! And the pecan cranberry chicken salad is awesome!) and so I could get my pecans. Now, at 2:30, we are about 2 hours out with one more stop to make at Total Wine. 
Traffic has been not terrible, but not the best. My road rage is a bit worse than usual, so DH is doing most of the driving. 
I’ll update when we find the hotel. 🙂 

75C3E235-07FA-49C9-875B-7E040F293DDF.jpeg

Will you be taking us to Fishlips later? :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Safe travels the rest of the way.   Hoping no delays due to Nicole as she struck hard along that section of FL.  Glancing blow for us. Just needed rain.  

Port's open so you'll be fine.

Thank you. We are an hour out, hopefully smooth sailing (errrr, driving) rest of the way! 

37 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Will you be taking us to Fishlips later? :classic_biggrin:

Absolutely, I gotta raise a toast to Po/Popo/Savy! 

• Like 4

One more sentimental post, then I’ll be happy from now on. I promise. 
Total Wine didn’t have what I was looking for, but I decided to potty one last time while there. As I went to go to the potty I stopped dead, did a double take (shouldn’t have) and busted up crying right there in the aisle. This lady looked at me and took off running, I half thought she was getting security. Sitting right next to each other were these 2 bottles of wine. On the left is this gorgeous bottle I had bought for my friend and I, she collects bottles with horses on them and this one is SO PRETTY.  The night Traveler (my baby boy) died I grabbed a bottle, any bottle, and drank away the pain. It was this bottle. 
Next to it, on the right, was a bottle with a very faint horse head. I’ve never seen it before. Where’s it from? Horse Heaven Hills. 😭 Fitting, isn’t it? Especially since I was in the store about the time Savy was put to sleep yesterday. 

Both bottles are now tucked safely in the backseat, not to be drank on the cruise, but to go home to the camper.

Ok, no more sad posts. I’m a sentimental, emotional person, but I’ll put that aside. After all, tomorrow I board a FUN SHIP! 

8308A403-64A9-4938-B92E-02D0BB8B32CB.jpeg

8C4EDFC0-7722-45CD-AC9D-AA8D532E3DAB.jpeg

• Like 11

Sorry about your pony, so sad.  Glad you are boarding the MG tomorrow.  It is a great ship!

We loved Bar Della Rosa (so much easier to get coffee drinks here) and Brass Magnolia (live music and fun drinks).  Enjoy - we are going back on MG on NYE!  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Both of these are very nice wines.  You'll enjoy them back home.

Glad to hear that! I had the one, but wasn’t sure how the other is but figured it was meant to be! 

2 hours ago, lazydayz said:

Sorry about your pony, so sad.  Glad you are boarding the MG tomorrow.  It is a great ship!

We loved Bar Della Rosa (so much easier to get coffee drinks here) and Brass Magnolia (live music and fun drinks).  Enjoy - we are going back on MG on NYE!  

yes, I remember you saying that about the coffee! It’s in my notes! 

39 minutes ago, peteandpris said:

So sorry about your pony.

Thank you 

Arrived about 4:45 at Home2Suites. @Jamman54, you’re right, it comes up quick…we totally flew past it the first time. 😂 after a quick u-turn we got in the parking lot, the friendly staff checked us in, and up to the 3rd floor we went.

The room is spacious (but hey, we live in a camper so everything is specious now!) and clean. Looks like there is a bar down by the pool, I’m sure we will visit that later! 

1D717976-C594-44DF-8ED7-DCB1FC22D1D8.jpeg

F938DFFE-CD2F-426D-AA80-DB15944C1DC5.jpeg

30CE7A2E-7A34-4947-9667-EB654C0E5AE8.jpeg

88C8F802-B886-425D-BA7B-FA1FB94B5E3C.jpeg

• Like 5

We dropped our bags off, then called an Uber ($8) to take us to Fishlips. DH has a friend that moved to Vero Beach last year that drove up to meet us, and when we arrived he text to say that he already had a table up on the deck. Score, no wait! The service was pretty good, and the food and drinks were great. I got the seafood roll, it was delicious! To wash it down I enjoyed a hard water….it is vodka, sparkling water and fruit juice. I opted for pineapple, and it was perfect! Cool, crisp and refreshing. 
We had a nice view of Disney Wish in port. We saw Liberty as we drove in, but couldn’t see her from our table. It was pretty to see the Wish as the sun set! 

65C4914A-9D19-4B93-877E-FEDFF0191E12.jpeg

CC9A9F0D-062C-4B99-8677-E13B9EA35FF3.jpeg

03DE4FF3-F517-4B02-B73A-B665427AC088.jpeg

AC5CE654-51B6-4243-BF5C-F64C1187F13C.jpeg

• Like 8