Independence sailing today

villager70

Anyone aboard or those sailing  this weekend have any info on the Independence return today. The Jacksonville Coast guard control still has Port Canaveral closed  but port message says they are inspecting prior to opening. Both the Carnival Liberty and the Disney wish have moved within 75 miles of the port but  Independence still show  on cruise mapper as near Freeport.

14 minutes ago, villager70 said:

Anyone aboard or those sailing  this weekend have any info on the Independence return today. The Jacksonville Coast guard control still has Port Canaveral closed  but port message says they are inspecting prior to opening. Both the Carnival Liberty and the Disney wish have moved within 75 miles of the port but  Independence still show  on cruise mapper as near Freeport.

Independence does not return until tomorrow. Then the next cruise is shortened by a day with no stop at Nassau.

1 minute ago, villager70 said:

Thanks  Mikew0805 for the info. Sorry if you are going this weekend that you missed a day. Had our extended on Mariner for last storm and shortened 8 hours on mariner in Bermuda.

No not scheduled for today. I am going on Wonder on Sunday, and just happened to be on the Royal website looking at something and noticed their weather alert. Have fun when you go, I love the Independence. 

51 minutes ago, jandj1224 said:

We are on now and our trip is extended. Still haven’t heard how they will handle if you purchased packages(drink, WiFi, etc )  what happens today. Anyone know? 

Normally any packages you have purchase will be extended while you are onboard.

we once had a 7day that turned into an 11 day thanks to Hurricane Dorian and everything we purchased continued throughout the whole cruise 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jandj1224 said:

We are on now and our trip is extended. Still haven’t heard how they will handle if you purchased packages(drink, WiFi, etc )  what happens today. Anyone know? 

Packages extended automatically at 50 percent off for the day. if you do not want to pay 50 percent off u have to call guest services to cancel.

15 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

we once had a 7day that turned into an 11 day thanks to Hurricane Dorian and everything we purchased continued throughout the whole cruise 

+1   Our internet, dining, and drink packages were extended until the end of the cruise.  For us, an extra day.  I was dined out by that point, but DH took full advantage of the drinks.  😁

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rolloman said:

Packages extended automatically at 50 percent off for the day. if you do not want to pay 50 percent off u have to call guest services to cancel.

Wow!!  Guess Royal is losing too much money on weather related events?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

We did the same, and booked the same JS cabin for the stub of the next cruise (3 nights) for ~$100/pp. Got the full points for the 11 night cruise (22), and the full 7-night points (14) for the stub cruise.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, jk04 said:

Wow!!  Guess Royal is losing too much money on weather related events?

I was annoyed that they charged based on full onboard price.  Ended up paying more for extended WiFi than I originally booked package for 4 devices. 

13 hours ago, jandj1224 said:

I was annoyed that they charged based on full onboard price.  Ended up paying more for extended WiFi than I originally booked package for 4 devices. 

That is ridiculous.