Alaska 2024 - On sale 12/7/22

AtlantaCruiser72

Alaska 2024 will go on sale to the General Public 12/7/22 (Elite Captain's Circle member early booking day 12/6)

Highlights of the 2024 Season (complete reference guide attached):

Grand, Royal and Sapphire Princess will sail 7nt N/S Voyage of the glacier Cruises between Vancouver and Whittier (with CruiseTour Options)

Ruby Princess will sail a full season of 7nt Round Trip voyages from Vancouver 

Crown Princess will sail a full season of 11nt Round Trip voyages from San Francisco

Discovery and Majestic Princess will sail a full season of 7nt Round Trip voyages from Seattle

2024 Alaska Reference Flyer_NL2022_1114.pdf

• Thanks 7

Thank you for the early info!

Some observations:

• The Royal Princess currently shows a transition cruise from Sydney to Tokyo, ending on April 27th, 2024.  The earliest itinerary listed on the provided brochure I can see is the southbound Voyage of the Glaciers embarking May 11th from Whittier.  This leaves a span of 14 days in between for an additional transition cruise, although my family was hoping the Royal Princess would be doing Japan cruises for the summer of 2024.
  • The Majestic Princess currently shows a transition cruise from Sydney to Hong Kong, ending on May 1st, 2024.  The earliest itinerary I can find on the brochure is May 12th from Seattle, leaving a span of 11 days blank.  I expected the Majestic to remain and run roundtrip Hong Kong cruises for the 2024 summer season since the ship was intended for the Chinese market.

We'll see if these remaining cruises appear to fill in the gaps later on or if the previous itineraries are adjusted to compensate.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kayehall said:

I have been told that Princess does not do a true "inside passage" from Vancouver.  Is this true?  What is the difference?  

Not on the Royal class ships.  There’s a spot where they are just too large to clear safely during some tide and current conditions (Seymour Narrows).  The Grand/Gem class vessels are fine.  So 3/4 of the ships sailing from

Vancouver, representing about 63% of the line-haul capacity and 75% of the total Alaska capacity from Vancouver (2x as many Ruby sailings - I’m happy to show my math) can truly offer an inside passage experience between Vancouver Island and the BC mainland.  

Practically, on the northbound sailings, this isn’t much of a disadvantage - with a 4-5pm departure from Vancouver, both have attractive scenery during the remaining daylight hours.    On Southbound sailings, it’s a bit more of a loss as you’d have quite a bit of close-in sailing time during daylight. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Alaska 2024 will go on sale to the General Public 12/7/22 (Elite Captain's Circle member early booking day 12/6)

Thanks for that. I see no mention of any Heart of the Rockies cruisetours. They are currently listed with the Alaska itineraries.

Have you heard any word on them?

1 hour ago, beg3yrs said:

Thanks for that. I see no mention of any Heart of the Rockies cruisetours. They are currently listed with the Alaska itineraries.

Have you heard any word on them?

All I have is what is on that reference flyer.  It may be possible they will be released at the same time as the rest of Alaska, but no information that I have access to at present

• Thanks 1

On 11/19/2022 at 5:35 AM, VersaliusPrimus said:

Thank you for the early info!

Some observations:

• The Royal Princess currently shows a transition cruise from Sydney to Tokyo, ending on April 27th, 2024.  The earliest itinerary listed on the provided brochure I can see is the southbound Voyage of the Glaciers embarking May 11th from Whittier.  This leaves a span of 14 days in between for an additional transition cruise, although my family was hoping the Royal Princess would be doing Japan cruises for the summer of 2024.
  • The Majestic Princess currently shows a transition cruise from Sydney to Hong Kong, ending on May 1st, 2024.  The earliest itinerary I can find on the brochure is May 12th from Seattle, leaving a span of 11 days blank.  I expected the Majestic to remain and run roundtrip Hong Kong cruises for the 2024 summer season since the ship was intended for the Chinese market.

We'll see if these remaining cruises appear to fill in the gaps later on or if the previous itineraries are adjusted to compensate.

We are sailing on the Royal from Brisbane to Tokyo.....I too noticed the difference of 14 days,  I knew that the Royal has done the last couple of seasons in Alaska.  I have been waiting for these cruises to be released, as I really want to stay onboard to do Alaska and then the Rockies.

Wee just have to be patient for a few more days I suppose 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Sarnia 432 said:

The ships may use that time for dry dock before the Alaska season

Possible, although don't these ships usually spend a couple weeks in drydock?  That would leave zero time for repositioning from Hong Kong or Tokyo to Vancouver or Seattle.

2 hours ago, 23ros said:

We are sailing on the Royal from Brisbane to Tokyo.....I too noticed the difference of 14 days,  I knew that the Royal has done the last couple of seasons in Alaska.  I have been waiting for these cruises to be released, as I really want to stay onboard to do Alaska and then the Rockies.

Wee just have to be patient for a few more days I suppose 

I expect the itinerary for the transition cruises weren't finalized in time to be included in the brochure.  Brisbane -> Tokyo -> Whittier -> Vancouver would be a VERY nice cruise indeed!  My family was booked on the Royal from Whittier to Tokyo, but alas, that booking was cancelled due to the fleetwide pause.  We'll have to see if the Royal takes that same route back to Sydney after the Alaska 2024 season though.

• Like 1