Surf & Stream - Black Friday

eggnoodle

I am seeing the same craziness. Yesterday it was advertised as $13.99 for one device and $11.99 for each additional device, but when I put them in the cart it was adding $18 per day for the second device, $13 for a third device, and $12 for a fourth device. 

Today the advertised price is still $13.99 for the first and $11.99 for each additional,  but when I put them in the cart it is only adding $10/day for each additional device. $70 total, a nice round number with no ".99", so something is obviously still wrong but now it is wrong in our favor! Get it while you can!

38 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

Just found one of my cruises has the opposite issue.  Shows one device at $15.99/day, additional $13.99/day.

Added one person, two devices and the total price comes out equal to $15.99 for the 1st and $11.99/day for the 2nd.  Pricing that way a lot less than two persons each with one device.

As with any sale, YMMV.

2 minutes ago, SG65CB said:

I am seeing the same craziness. Yesterday it was advertised as $13.99 for one device and $11.99 for each additional device, but when I put them in the cart it was adding $18 per day for the second device, $13 for a third device, and $12 for a fourth device. 

Today the advertised price is still $13.99 for the first and $11.99 for each additional,  but when I put them in the cart it is only adding $10/day for each additional device. $70 total, a nice round number with no ".99", so something is obviously still wrong but now it is wrong in our favor! Get it while you can!

I was just coming here to say this. Only example I've ever heard of Royal Math working in someone's favor. Yesterday my one person, 4 device package was priced at around $400 ($398?) but should have been $350 ($14.99 for first, then $11.99 for 2-4). Today is advertised as $13.99 for first and still $11.99 for 2-4. I just got the package for $307 which is 10.99pp. No idea how it is working but super happy I got this deal!!

• Like 1

Since they are not selling the Surf package currently, any chance there will only be one package (speed) going forward and those who pre-purchased the surf package will get a "free" upgrade to the surf and stream when they get on board?

6 minutes ago, ihopfar said:

Since they are not selling the Surf package currently, any chance there will only be one package (speed) going forward and those who pre-purchased the surf package will get a "free" upgrade to the surf and stream when they get on board?

It seems like that could be a possibility. Anyone on a ship right now with Starlink that pre-purchased Surf Voom package before the cruise that can tell us? 

Or, Royal could tell you that it is no longer offered but allow you to buy a higher priced plan. They've done that with Shore Excursions. 

Is the price you paid for Surf lower than the current Black Friday Surf & Stream packages? If they let you, I might book both just in case...

21 minutes ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

Just got the 1 person 2 device for 13.99 for device 1 and 9.99 for device 2. So 143.88 for 6 day cruise.

Better hurry if you want that price. It is definitely mispriced. Also getting the "Be Back Soon" message once in awhile.

thanks just cxl and rebook for the correct price

Yesterday the price was $13.99 and 11.99 for the second but I was unable to get it to go through.  Later that afternoon the price went to $14.99.  Now is was $13.99 for the first and $11.99 for additional.

When I added 1 person with 2 devices, it went to $11.99 for each and I was able to purchase.

Pat

3 hours ago, patattack said:

Yesterday the price was $13.99 and 11.99 for the second but I was unable to get it to go through.  Later that afternoon the price went to $14.99.  Now is was $13.99 for the first and $11.99 for additional.

When I added 1 person with 2 devices, it went to $11.99 for each and I was able to purchase.

Pat

ditto... that's royal math! 🙄

but advantage us😉

• Like 2

My cruise planner was fixed and now calculates the correct cost for Internet with 2 devices vs 2 people getting their own internet. 

I haven't come across any rumblings from anyone who purchase the cheaper internet package saying that their packages got cancelled  due to the starlink upgrade, but I'll keep my ears open.

So someone with the ONE person with TWO devices plan can use TWO devices at the SAME time?  And that second device can be your cabin mate's phone?  So a couple can buy the one person, two device plan and they can both use their phones at the same time? That was my understanding, but someone recently off the Anthem said it was explained to them on board that you would have to log off your first device and then log into your second device, and that you could not use both at the same time. That doesn't make sense to me because then why would anyone purchase that option then? What if you're working on board and need both your laptop and work phone on?  Or work phone and personal phone?

IS there perhaps a halt to two different people using the one person, two device plan?  Like would they know I purchased that for myself and am sharing the code and letting my daughter use it on her phone, too?  Wouldn't that still be my choice, though, of which two devices I want to apply the log in to?  My phone and her phone?

13 minutes ago, Katems75 said:

So someone with the ONE person with TWO devices plan can use TWO devices at the SAME time?  And that second device can be your cabin mate's phone?  So a couple can buy the one person, two device plan and they can both use their phones at the same time? That was my understanding, but someone recently off the Anthem said it was explained to them on board that you would have to log off your first device and then log into your second device, and that you could not use both at the same time. That doesn't make sense to me because then why would anyone purchase that option then? What if you're working on board and need both your laptop and work phone on?  Or work phone and personal phone?

IS there perhaps a halt to two different people using the one person, two device plan?  Like would they know I purchased that for myself and am sharing the code and letting my daughter use it on her phone, too?  Wouldn't that still be my choice, though, of which two devices I want to apply the log in to?  My phone and her phone?

It has always worked in the past that two people could use a one-person, two-device plan. No one knows which two devices a person might use at the same time - could be a phone and laptop, or it could be your phone and your friend/partner's phone, or could be your laptop and your kid's tablet, etc. The only trick is if you have a one-person, two-device plan but you have three devices (i.e. you, your partner, your kid), to make sure that one is actively logged off before logging the alternate device in. The only real difference is that the one person, multi-device packages share log in information and the multi-person packages each have their own log in. 

We had a one person, 4 device package in April for my family of 4: my husband, me, and two teens. We shared the same log in information. I also brought my tablet along. When we were each just using our phones, we had no problems. And if I logged out of my phone and logged into the tablet, we had no problems. But one night, I thought I logged out of my phone to get on my tablet, but it didn't work and when I logged into my tablet, it bumped my younger kid off. When he logged back in, it bumped my older kid off. Then I got a text from the younger (they were together) about the problem and realized that my phone was still connected (otherwise I wouldn't have received the text!) and I was "taking up" two of the four Voom spots. Once I logged out of my phone for real, everyone was able to get back on with one device each.

• Like 1

Last night I purchased Voom S/S for two of my cruises in 2023. It worked out cheaper to do it the old way. One person two device plan. No problems getting the confirmations and the correct charges to my credit card. Whew...I was expecting problems but was glad to see none.

23 hours ago, SG65CB said:

that's exactly what happened to me.  I just checked and it seems to be fixed now. it's cheaper with two devices for one person now 🙂