Currently On Sirena - Questions?

samiam0403

48 minutes ago, samiam0403 said:

Sorry for missing posting yesterday - I was in a bit of a mood. I'm not sure what it is that makes people think it's ok to randomly spew bigoted/racist nonsense to perfect strangers, but it happened FIVE TIMES yesterday.

Sorry to hear that

I would have  a chat with the GM  about  the perpetrators ...there is no need for that kind of behavior

JMO

Thank you for taking the time to post photos  etc.. We have not been on Sirena & I know she is  a bit different than the other R ships

Hope the rest of the cruise is better

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

Sorry to hear that

I would have  a chat with the GM  about  the perpetrators ...there is no need for that kind of behavior

JMO

Thank you for taking the time to post photos  etc.. We have not been on Sirena & I know she is  a bit different than the other R ships

Hope the rest of the cruise is better

I like to think it won't happen again - at least from the same people. Not wanting to rock the boat (pun intended) too terribly much, I politely and succinctly let them know that I would not tolerate it. Obviously, I won't change minds, but I can rest a little easier knowing I at least said something.

You're very welcome for the posts/pics - I know I found so little updated information on Sirena on the boards, so I thought someone else might at least appreciate my pics. If not my ramblings. 🤣

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, samiam0403 said:

Sorry for missing posting yesterday - I was in a bit of a mood. I'm not sure what it is that makes people think it's ok to randomly spew bigoted/racist nonsense to perfect strangers, but it happened FIVE TIMES yesterday. Clearly some people's mothers never taught them the old 'if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all' maxim. We've discovered that the smaller ship size of Sirena means you consistently see the same people everywhere you go - which is both a blessing and a curse!

As a cruising newbie - this is one of my worst fears.  ai hate confrontation and hope I can be civil to almost anyone - but I cannot abide bigotry.  I'm shocked when people assume I'll be okay with it in fact.  It sounds like you handled it well, and hopefully the offenders will not display that behaviour again - at least not to you!!

• Like 1

Is it worth just wandering around the town in St. Vincents, anything to see? I'll be there in a few weeks from marina. I have a snorkeling excursion I the morning but nothing planned for the afternoon. Looking for tips as there is little info on the ports of call section of CC.

Edited by susiesan

Thanks so much for taking the time to give us all this information and pictures.  We sail on Sirena on January 11, 2023 with another couple.  It is our first Oceania cruise and we can't wait!  We have sailed 3 times on Viking and it will be interesting to see how Oceania compares to Viking.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, tdl60 said:

We have sailed 3 times on Viking and it will be interesting to see how Oceania compares to Viking.

Why compare  accept  each line for what they  have

Both are different in many ways

Enjoy

• Like 2

The thing I love about sailing on Sirena, there is a Red Ginger restaurant. If you enjoy Asian fusion dining, the menu items are amazing.  Try the Watermelon and Duck Salad, the Miso Glazed Chilean Sea Bass or the Rack of Lamb and so many other fabulous items. When we dine there we order several entrees for the table and create our own Sampler Menu Ummmmmmm.  We too are ready to sail in January on Marina, can’t wait. 
Hopefully your experience will even surpass that of Viking. Welcome aboard and welcome to the O family. Definitely spend some time chatting with the Oceania Club Ambassador and take advantage of the On Board Booking offers with discounted deposit, cruise discount and free SBC. The Loyalty Club is outstanding.
Enjoy your cruise, Mauibabes

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, tdl60 said:

Thanks so much for taking the time to give us all this information and pictures.  We sail on Sirena on January 11, 2023 with another couple.  It is our first Oceania cruise and we can't wait!  We have sailed 3 times on Viking and it will be interesting to see how Oceania compares to Viking.

My wife and I will be on this cruise as well.  I started a roll call but it hasn't gotten much of a response.   

We are on the cruise too.  Food great as anticipated. Staff very good and eager to please. Officers keep a lower profile than other cruise lines we have been on. Pool deck excellent.

Been to see the comedians but not really been to many social events/performances. Dottie the Cruise Director omnipresent. The Happy Hour about an hour too early for our usual cruise day (gym & showering then dinner 7.30-8). 

In a CV which is very well decorated. The shower is small but I can manage at 6’3” and just over 15 stone. However there are quite a lot of overweight and/or elderly frail looking folk on board so I hope they are in PHs. Is this normal for an Oceania cruise? I really felt sorry for the tender boat guys getting the elderly/frail folk onto the tender with a bit of swell. 

Fortunately not witnessed any bigots/racism. Couple of rude people perhaps. 

Looking forward to sailing the Marina next year in South America. Am told by many people it is a different experience. Would I book more Oceania cruises? Perhaps. We have cruised six cruise lines but there a several more to try first.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the posts to help generate some more excitement.  We board tomorrow and are camped out in Little Havana and enjoying Miami for a couple of days.

Red Ginger tomorrow night!!  Thrilled they added it to the small ships.  We’ve only been on Marina and Riviera lately.  

Safe travels home y’all.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, friendsoftulie said:

Thrilled they added it to the small ships.  We’ve only been on Marina and Riviera lately.  

Safe travels home y’all.

Only R ship with Red Ginger  is Sirena

Enjoy

On 11/21/2022 at 10:06 AM, samiam0403 said:

Tuscan Steakhouse was rather underwhelming.

We were on the same cruise. Most everything we had in the main dining room was good (a couple of bad misses but otherwise quite good and consistent) and Red Ginger was very good but we had a lousy dinner in Tuscan last night. Food and service were quite poor. We were so sorry we weren't in the main dining room!

• Like 1

Really enjoyed the cruise. Service could be a bit frenetic at times but we were very happy with the food and client centred staff.

There are plenty of classes including yoga & spinning.  I was in the gym most late PMs and there was often something on with 2-3 involved.

Dominica & St Vincent were great ports but I would recommend a tour. Very poor islands and not much to walk to.  We recommend Fraser Taxis Tours in St Vincent.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2022 at 12:11 PM, tdl60 said:

You will of course form your own opinions, but if you had not seen this, here are a few from someone who was in a similar position to yours. Hopefully you'll benefit from my observations on the ShoreEx - check the in-cabin brochure! 🍺🥌

On 11/19/2022 at 4:37 PM, Sun Queen II said:

We are also on Sirena right now in a PH2. Service has been outstanding and the food is top notch. Our room surprised us when we arrived as we were expecting something smaller, and we have plenty of space especially like the table and two chairs for in room dining. The bathroom is a little on the small side but we don’t spend much time in there anyway. Beds are super comfortable. TV choices are limited, but we’re not here for the TV. The only thing I wish was different were bigger ice cubes, they melt so fast!  Guess that’s not much of a problem 😉

We are sailing in a PH1 on deck 8 next June.  Our cabin is midship and it appears to be under the pool deck.  Are you currently on deck 8?  Which location?  How is the noise in your cabin from the deck above?  thanks in advance for any info or perspective you can share.

On 11/19/2022 at 6:37 PM, Sun Queen II said:

We are also on Sirena right now in a PH2. Service has been outstanding and the food is top notch. Our room surprised us when we arrived as we were expecting something smaller, and we have plenty of space especially like the table and two chairs for in room dining. The bathroom is a little on the small side but we don’t spend much time in there anyway. Beds are super comfortable. TV choices are limited, but we’re not here for the TV. The only thing I wish was different were bigger ice cubes, they melt so fast!  Guess that’s not much of a problem 😉

Haven't been on Oceania since 2019, but are booked on Sirena for a 31 Day Transatlantic in April 2025 and in a Penthouse Suite - our first of that size.  We've done several Celebrity since (as recently as this month) and it's nice, but not the same.  Can't wait!

On 11/28/2022 at 9:17 PM, CurlerRob said:

You will of course form your own opinions, but if you had not seen this, here are a few from someone who was in a similar position to yours. Hopefully you'll benefit from my observations on the ShoreEx - check the in-cabin brochure! 🍺🥌

Thanks for the information CurlerRob.  Really looking forward to trying Oceania.  We were supposed to do a Med cruise on Oceania in April 2021 but it was cancelled due to Covid.  

@MEFIowa did not get to meet you onboard. Enjoyed the cruise. Shame DW and I got Covid and have had to cancel a weeks skiing in France on Saturday. We are just suffering cold symptoms. Lots of coughing onboard. One thing that I noticed about Oceania was that there was little emphasis on alcohol gel prior to meals. Few people seemed to use it. Glad that it was a no touch buffet! 

Edited by hawkesbaynz
  • Like 1

Hi all! Sorry to have dropped off on posting! We were just having such a lovely time with some folks we met on board, and galavanting about the islands. I'll do my best to go back and fill in gaps, answer questions, and post pics. We are back at home and counting down the days until our next O cruise in April!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2