Escape-Haven

molemaui

In reviewing the various Haven cruises available within my available time period, I noticed Haven on the Escape rates to be significantly lower than many of the other ships. I then looked at the NCL site and saw the Escape has not been refurbished (built in 2015). 

Is the ship worn/shabby? Can anyone who has recently sailed the Escape in Haven chime in? (In the Caribbean, I don't care where the ship goes-just want the ship) I like to save money but not at the expense of lesser quality experience. 

ALSO-except for the Prima, any understanding is the Haven pools are in the courtyard and covered. You Tube videos imply the top is retractable. Is that so? Is the top open on nice days at sea? 

Thanks

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, molemaui said:

In reviewing the various Haven cruises available within my available time period, I noticed Haven on the Escape rates to be significantly lower than many of the other ships. I then looked at the NCL site and saw the Escape has not been refurbished (built in 2015). 

Is the ship worn/shabby? Can anyone who has recently sailed the Escape in Haven chime in? (In the Caribbean, I don't care where the ship goes-just want the ship) I like to save money but not at the expense of lesser quality experience. 

ALSO-except for the Prima, any understanding is the Haven pools are in the courtyard and covered. You Tube videos imply the top is retractable. Is that so? Is the top open on nice days at sea? 

Thanks

The Escape when through a dry dock in 2020 and again last month. 

For ships with retractable roofs, they are normally closed if it is hot, providing air conditioned sunshine through the glass roof. You can go out on the sundeck for direct sun. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, molemaui said:

Is the ship worn/shabby?

Not according to this review (Nov. 2022)....

8 minutes ago, molemaui said:

ALSO-except for the Prima, any understanding is the Haven pools are in the courtyard and covered.

Escape has a retractable roof over the Haven pool but not all Haven pools are covered. Getaway is another example of a non-covered Haven pool...

the-haven-courtyard.jpg

...and if you go older than Getaway, there are others.