Free drinks and purchased packages

Lacoop

3 hours ago, Lacoop said:

I get 5 free drinks but I also bought a non-alcoholic package. how does this work so they don’t use my freebies if I just want water. I want to save my alcoholic drinks for later at night,

Depends on the ship your are sailing on and what 'non-alcoholic package' you purchased.  

I found on Quantum that with the 'Classic soda package' if I wanted a can of soda versus a fountain drink, I had to buy the can of soda and let the bartender know that I wanted to buy versus using one of my vouchers.   Otherwise I could get a fountain soda or use the soda machines with my cup for free soda's.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Depends on the ship your are sailing on and what 'non-alcoholic package' you purchased.  

I found on Quantum that with the 'Classic soda package' if I wanted a can of soda versus a fountain drink, I had to buy the can of soda and let the bartender know that I wanted to buy versus using one of my vouchers.   Otherwise I could get a fountain soda or use the soda machines with my cup for free soda's.  

This is the type of information I find useful from reading Cruise Critic.  Small nuisances which allow problems to be remedied before they happen. It all starts with communication and making clear your request to staff and confirming the request.

• Like 2

If you have the Refreshment Package, you can specify that you want to use that for a bottle of water.  "Can I get a bottle of water with my Refreshment Package please?"

If you have a Soda Package, bottles of water (or cans of soda) are not included with that package, so you'd have to use a voucher or pay for the bottle. "Can I get a bottle of water with my Diamond Voucher please?"

That's what I did.  Anytime I wanted to use my refreshment package for non alcoholic drinks, I would ask for a soda, but please make sure it's under my package.  Or I want an alcoholic drink package, I would just say I want to use my diamond voucher for it.  Easy peasy

It also helps to use your soda container.  I found that if I gave the bartender the large cup and showed my Seapass card with "soda" on it, there was no issue of using a voucher.  Also, said "I want to use a voucher" when I want to.  At the end of the day, we often got soda cans to use up our voucher allotment and told them to use vouchers for those.

Moreover, they are now SUPPOSED to give you a paper check when you use your voucher, which allows you to confirm that it was used.  However, that didn't always happen.  In particular, it never happened in the specialty restaurants.  Not a huge deal for us since:  (1) we can count to 5, and (2) we never used our entire allotment.  

One other tip -- any time you use a voucher, you can ask the bartender how many vouchers you have remaining.  I had one volunteer the info -- "you have X vouchers remaining today."

We received this email on 3 November, about the new system they were bringing into play on 4 November.    We were on a sailing at the time, but the new system was not implemented for the rest of our sailing.

Dear Diamond, Diamond Plus & Pinnacle Club Members,

As part of our ongoing efforts in reviewing guest feedback, we’re working towards providing you the best onboard experience and avoiding visits to the Guest Services desk. 

What we noticed was that many visits are related to beverage vouchers provided to our higher tiered Crown & Anchor Society members.

Effective on sailings starting this Friday, November 4th, we’ll have all members sign their check when using any beverage vouchers. The benefit of doing this is two-fold:

1. The receipt has a count of your vouchers to help you better track how many you have left. So if you’re a Diamond member, and you have 4 a day – it may tell you 2 of 4 have been redeemed.
  2. We noticed many beverage voucher disputes are related to use on a drink you did not want to use it on.  For instance, you ordered a $3 coffee and we may have applied your voucher – and you don’t learn about it until you’re at dinner, wanting that nice $13 cocktail and you’re out of vouchers.

While it’s a little more work for our teams, by having you have your hard check – you can better control both your count and the proper application!

We know how much this benefit means to you and we want you to fully enjoy it. I know I’d prefer you enjoy your vacation, instead of spending time inquiring about drink discrepancies with our teams. We appreciate your loyalty and openness to helping us make your cruising experience the best there is!