Darn it Air Transat !

Ex-Airbalancer

Air Transat is no longer showing direct flight from Barcelona to Toronto after our Spring TA in May 

it been change to a stop over in Montreal 😢

got a notification on google flights about it but no notification from Air Transat , also they website is showing a stop over n

called CIBC since that is who we book with , they said they have not gotten  any notification from Air Transat about the change 

AC has is the only other one with direct flight at $1600 in economy compared to $314 on AT 

I guess I will just have wait it out see what happens 

7 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Maybe the flights will change  for the Spring season

I would not think they have as many  travellers going from BCN to YYZ in the winter  as spring/summer

JMO

Hopefully it will change back to direct , it was direct when I book in mid October , the flight is in May so that is spring 

you would of think I would have got notification from someone by now that AT change the flight 

We have found Air Transat to have VERY poor communication and interaction with passengers.  Agree their prices from that area were very attractive, but the overall experience with them kind of turned us off of using them in the future.  But as you stated the flight cost may draw us back some day.

We took the first flight to BCN on transat this year in April (really wish they flew in winter as that’s when we normally go to Spain)  we had to change in Montreal. It was a bit of a nuisance but not too bad really. Way better than connecting in Frankfurt which we did the previous October on AC.   This February we are opting to go to gatwick, on transat  stay overnight there and fly next day to Spain 

Terry 

1 hour ago, gold1953 said:

At least you are not back tracking like they force us to do from Halifax. Most of the time we have to fly to Toronto to get a flight to Europe!

Oh you are so right. We can thank covid for us 🇨🇦 all having only four international hubs. And there’s no sign of them opening any time soon. Canada wants to recover their monopoly on Canadian passenger traffic anywhere so as to collect the extortionary rate of taxes on flights (that we aren’t subject to if we go through the US). The hubs there are so efficient and economical but getting to them, and anywhere else on the planet, now means all Canadians are stuck with Montreal for all east coast and some Ontario passengers, Toronto which includes all of Ontario, some east coast, most of Manitoba, many Quebec and northern flights, then Calgary and Vancouver (also routed via Toronto for Eastbound transatlantic and Southern US flights). And they wonder why it’s swamped. No wonder folks are looking at Air Transat etc

can’t wait for more options. 

23 minutes ago, Tango99 said:

Oh you are so right. We can thank covid for us 🇨🇦 all having only four international hubs. And there’s no sign of them opening any time soon. Canada wants to recover their monopoly on Canadian passenger traffic anywhere so as to collect the extortionary rate of taxes on flights (that we aren’t subject to if we go through the US). The hubs there are so efficient and economical but getting to them, and anywhere else on the planet, now means all Canadians are stuck with Montreal for all east coast and some Ontario passengers, Toronto which includes all of Ontario, some east coast, most of Manitoba, many Quebec and northern flights, then Calgary and Vancouver (also routed via Toronto for Eastbound transatlantic and Southern US flights). And they wonder why it’s swamped. No wonder folks are looking at Air Transat etc

can’t wait for more options. 

Never ceases to amaze me that people would rather believe in odious plots by an evil government rather than the machinations of profit seeking companies and other market forces.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, broberts said:

Never ceases to amaze me that people would rather believe in odious plots by an evil government rather than the machinations of profit seeking companies and other market forces.

I also couldn’t believe that a person would actually write post #8 

it is all about 💵

• Like 1

As a Canadian living in the US, sometimes I will combine a business trip/visit to Toronto with a vacation as I’ve gotten lower long-haul First/Business Class fares by flying from that hub.  It’s all in the timing; no conspiracies involved.

• Like 2

I was wondering if Air Transat uses RCCL/ Celebrity IT department to run their website 

Both on the App and their website it showing we have a direct flight , but went you try to book seats it indicates there is no flight 🤔🤣

Trying to dummy booking it shows 2 hr layover in Montreal ,  with the same plane connecting to Toronto 

would we stay on the plane or get off the plane  go though customs in Montreal and get back on ? 🤔

20 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I was wondering if Air Transat uses RCCL/ Celebrity IT department to run their website 

Both on the App and their website it showing we have a direct flight , but went you try to book seats it indicates there is no flight 🤔🤣

Trying to dummy booking it shows 2 hr layover in Montreal ,  with the same plane connecting to Toronto 

would we stay on the plane or get off the plane  go though customs in Montreal and get back on ? 🤔

Why not call them

or wait until  the new year  & try again when they switch schedules back to the spring summer  flights  🤔

Ditch the web page or app and head to your travel agent or Air Transat directly via phone.  This is starting to sound like what we went through with them, total PITA.  With 2 hour layover you will probably have to exit the plane for security reasons, but will stay in general area of the gate if it is the same plane.  Suspect you will not have to mess with security or customs until you physically leave the terminal in Toronto.  We have a similar flight layover issue upcoming, but we leave one country, layover in another, and end up in Toronto  We were told that as long as we stay in secured area of first layover we did not have to mess with immigration or customs there.   Good luck figuring it out😀

Edited by ALD18
typo

2 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Well darn it

When I checked  there was one for May 5th  9 +hrs

Guess you just have to wait & see  or book A C  😉

I know when I booked a month ago it was a direct flight , AC is at $1600 per person which is almost what we paid for the cruise 😱

13 days cruise all in drinks, tips , Wi-Fi and taxes in a balcony  $2100 , and $1600 for 9 hour flight 🤔

• Like 1

Slightly similar issues with AirTransat.  We were booked to fly home from Porto to Montreal next summer.  I was randomly checking my booking when I discovered our Club Class seats had been changed?  Long story short, I was advised both via phone and by Messenger that our flight had been cancelled!  I was refunded my money.  Many hours later, after rebooking with another carrier, oops, I was informed by the agent on Messenger that the flight was indeed still on.  No official notifications at any time.  Maybe just wait it out or get a 2nd, 3rd or 4th opinion from AT.

6 minutes ago, JUST TRIPPIN' said:

Slightly similar issues with AirTransat.  We were booked to fly home from Porto to Montreal next summer.  I was randomly checking my booking when I discovered our Club Class seats had been changed?  Long story short, I was advised both via phone and by Messenger that our flight had been cancelled!  I was refunded my money.  Many hours later, after rebooking with another carrier, oops, I was informed by the agent on Messenger that the flight was indeed still on.  No official notifications at any time.  Maybe just wait it out or get a 2nd, 3rd or 4th opinion from AT.

I have phone one of these days to do seat selection, as I have book seats under a veteran perk , so I should find out than 

On 11/25/2022 at 7:51 PM, gold1953 said:

At least you are not back tracking like they force us to do from Halifax. Most of the time we have to fly to Toronto to get a flight to Europe!

We were looking at a vacation down to the DR from Pearson and Air Canada wanted to route us through Halifax both ways. We are flying with another airline. 

• Like 1

On 11/30/2022 at 2:49 PM, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Just received an email from CIBC , about the flight change , but now they just ending the flight in Montreal 🤔

will have to phone them 

Montreal is a wonderful post vacation vacation spot. 😁