Is this Black Friday Sale legit?

2 minutes ago, complawyer said:

not only did they raise the price, they jacked them up sky high. the costs for 2 people are higher then they were before the sale. i find consistently, ncl has a bad habit of doing this and calling it a "sale"

As do all cruise lines.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, complawyer said:

not only did they raise the price, they jacked them up sky high. the costs for 2 people are higher then they were before the sale. i find consistently, ncl has a bad habit of doing this and calling it a "sale"

do you do grocery shopping at a supermarket or similar store? because they do it to

there is a big psychology thing with the word sale and how it forces people to buy

1 hour ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

Is the NCL Black Friday 2nd guest free legit or did they raise the prices just to make it look like a sale?  

It is ligit. Supply and Demand is driving costs up right now for all things (eggs in my grocery store went from $0.79/dozen to nearly $3/dozen). 

The Second Guest Free is similar to the 50% off offer that has been running until now. Just another marketing effort (also disadvantages solo passengers). Which is similar to the 40% off offer prior to that. Prices have been on a steady increase, as expected. 

Edited by BirdTravels

37 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

It is ligit. Supply and Demand is driving costs up right now for all things (eggs in my grocery store went from $0.79/dozen to nearly $3/dozen). 

The Second Guest Free is similar to the 50% off offer that has been running until now. Just another marketing effort (also disadvantages solo passengers). Which is similar to the 40% off offer prior to that. Prices have been on a steady increase, as expected. 

The 50% off sale was cheaper than this Black Friday sale 😂

• Like 1

This is the energy NCL is going on now (TBO with the amount of debt they had to take during covid, they really dont  have a choice right? if we want to be honest.)

The CEO of PPG, a Fortune 500 paint company, was asked if he would lower prices if costs come down. His response: “This is the new price and if you don't like it, please don't place purchase orders.”

2 hours ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

Is the NCL Black Friday 2nd guest free legit or did they raise the prices just to make it look like a sale?  

1 hour ago, complawyer said:

It is marketing...and you have to look at the offer instead of "what it was before".

I could have a $1000 cabin. Guest A $500 + Guest B $500.

Market that cabin at "50% off"

Guest A $250 + Guest B $250

Market that cabin at "2nd Guest sails FREE"

Guest A $500 + Guest B $0

Which "sale" is better/legit?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

It is marketing...and you have to look at the offer instead of "what it was before".

I could have a $1000 cabin. Guest A $500 + Guest B $500.

Market that cabin at "50% off"

Guest A $250 + Guest B $250

Market that cabin at "2nd Guest sails FREE"

Guest A $500 + Guest B $0

Which "sale" is better/legit?

Well if you are Guest B, the last one.

😂😂