New Operator For Oceania Spas?

RetiredLifer

Is this a new Oceania spa operator?

OneSpaWorld Announces New Contract with Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings

Contract Includes All Ships Across Norwegian’s Three Award Winning Brands

November 28, 2022 06:45 AM Eastern Standard Time

NASSAU, Bahamas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--OneSpaWorld Holdings Limited (NASDAQ: OSW), the pre-eminent global provider of health and wellness services and products onboard cruise ships and in destination resorts around the world, today announced entry into a new agreement with Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings ( “NCLH” and including its subsidiaries and brands). The new agreement, pursuant to which OSW is the exclusive provider of spa, medi-spa, fitness, beauty and wellness services, has a seven-year term and covers the 29 ships currently sailing in the Norwegian Cruise Line, Oceania Cruises, and Regent Seven Seas Cruises fleets, as well as the eight new ships anticipated to come into service during the term.

Under the new agreement, OSW will continue in its longstanding role as NCLH’s exclusive partner in the provision of spa, beauty, nutrition, fitness, and related health, wellness, and medi-spa services, including through its Mandara brand for Norwegian Cruise Line. Mandara will continue to sell the award-winning ELEMIS range of skincare products and provide acupuncture and relaxation treatments and medi-spa services administered by medically licensed professionals, including wrinkle relaxers, dermal fillers, skin rejuvenation, fat reduction, and I.V. therapy.

Leonard Fluxman, Executive Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President of OSW, said, “We are very excited to announce this new agreement, which extends our longstanding and mutually rewarding partnership with NCLH. Following our highly successful collaborative return to service, supported by the highly capable and forward-thinking NCLH team, this agreement will enable us to continue our phenomenal results to date, and represents a renewal of our commitment to growth and the continuation of conceptualizing and delivering the most innovative experiences at sea to NCLH’s guests. Further, with this agreement, we will once again increase our leading global market share at sea. We look forward to further progressing in our successful relationship with NCLH as we continue to enhance guests’ vacations though our health and wellness experiences.”

Commenting on the announcement, Frank Del Rio, President and Chief Executive Officer of Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings stated, “We are pleased to extend and expand our partnership with OneSpaWorld as the exclusive provider of our onboard wellness centers. For nearly 25 years we have worked together to elevate our guests’ experience across our fleet, providing top notch service and an incredible breadth of health and wellness options. We look forward to continuing this successful partnership and collectively finding new and innovative ways to enhance our onboard spa and wellness offerings.”

1 hour ago, CAG said:

It is actually Steiner, who has been doing spas on various cruise lines for a number of years.  They have been operating the spas on Oceania since Canyon Ranch contract ended.

I think they use other names due to some negative publicity with the Steiner name in the past. 

Last cruise I used the Acupuncturist for my knee.  Did inquire about his licensing and was assured he was licensed.  Did ask for a receipt showing that and was promised would receive after the sessions.  Despite requesting three times after sessions completed, was finally told he did not have one.  Buyers beware.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GICNJC said:

Last cruise I used the Acupuncturist for my knee.  Did inquire about his licensing and was assured he was licensed.  Did ask for a receipt showing that and was promised would receive after the sessions.  Despite requesting three times after sessions completed, was finally told he did not have one.  Buyers beware.

I’d have demanded a refund. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GICNJC said:

But besides that....how well did his procedure go for you?   Did he help you, or hurt you?  Or neither?

Not that I would likely have that done, but just curious if you were satisfied with his work...

On 11/29/2022 at 9:46 PM, bob brown said:

But besides that....how well did his procedure go for you?   Did he help you, or hurt you?  Or neither?

Not that I would likely have that done, but just curious if you were satisfied with his work...

It did not really help at all.  Only did it because wife insisted.  It was on a Baltic Cruise.  Although, it did feel good immediately after the session but not by the next day.