Live From Diamond Princess 11/27/22

Shelly97060

Today is another relaxing sea day.  They are serving Pub Lunch in the International Dining room, nice to see it has made a return.

I noticed today that a few of the cabins on Dolphin Deck where my cabin is located now have the balcony footstools sitting in front of their doors. I am guessing these cabins have guests who have tested positive and are quarantining in their cabins. If so I hope they make rapid recoveries! 

• Like 3

I was looking at a Princess cabin photo and noticed a barrel chair in an OceanView.  @Shelly97060 do you have more than the desk chair in your cabin?

Are all dining rooms being used?  Dine My Way won't let me pick Savoy or Vivaldi.

Are there pastries at the Good Spirits bar on deck 5?

Thank you

5 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I was looking at a Princess cabin photo and noticed a barrel chair in an OceanView.  @Shelly97060 do you have more than the desk chair in your cabin?

Are all dining rooms being used?  Dine My Way won't let me pick Savoy or Vivaldi.

Are there pastries at the Good Spirits bar on deck 5?

Thank you

we are in a mini suite and we have the barrel chair. I don’t know if the OV cabins have them or not, sorry hopefully someone who has sailed on Diamond knows and replies.

Savoy & Vivaldi are not being used by passengers. I am not sure if that is because we are sailing with so few guests or not 

I haven’t seen pastry at the Good Spirits Bar but I rarely go there in the morning. 

• Thanks 1

I would love to know how the Izumi spa situation pans out for you. I would love to do it, but I only want to purchase it for part of the time. We are on the 16-day Hawaii cruise. 

How are the pools looking? I am hoping they are all heated. 

We have a complete aft cabin, so I hope the plumbing issues are all fixed.💩

Thanks for all your very informative information and I hope you continue to have a wonderful cruise!

Today we are in Puerto Quetzal.  We took the Coffee Plantation Excursion and it was very good.  The drive took about an hour and a half which gave us a great opportunity to see the countryside.  The highlight was passing by active volcanos, and one of them was clearly erupting ( small plume of ash ). The picture doesn’t do it justice. In person we could see the gas and ash escaping.  We got to see several small bursts of steam and ash. It was pretty amazing. 

BCD189CD-D37C-4128-BF96-932CD89E0F17.thumb.jpeg.605085b25de4e9260ab000032f6b7b5e.jpeg

The coffee plantation is very interesting,  we walked through the fields and the guides explained the various stages of growing coffee from the initial planting of the seeds until the end product of a delicious cup of coffee.  The plantation has gift shops, a restaurant, soccer court, pool - the grounds are very nice and along with coffee plants there are a number of other fruits and plants growing including banana trees, avocado, oranges etc.  Here’s a banana tree:

F3516A07-101E-4A63-AA77-B3F08C154DDE.thumb.jpeg.17dbf8c0cac9e7b55c4b7971d0fd870f.jpeg

Of course we ended up buying some coffee to take home.

Edited by Shelly97060
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, Shelly97060 said:

Today we are in Puerto Quetzal.  We took the Coffee Plantation Excursion and it was very good.  The drive took about an hour and a half which gave us a great opportunity to see the countryside.  The highlight was passing by active volcanos, and one of them was clearly erupting ( small plume of ash ). The picture doesn’t do it justice. In person we could see the gas and ash escaping.  We got to see several small bursts of steam and ash. It was pretty amazing. 

BCD189CD-D37C-4128-BF96-932CD89E0F17.thumb.jpeg.605085b25de4e9260ab000032f6b7b5e.jpeg

The coffee plantation is very interesting,  we walked through the fields and the guides explained the various stages of growing coffee from the initial planting of the seeds until the end product of a delicious cup of coffee.  The plantation has gift shops, a restaurant, soccer court, pool - the grounds are very nice and along with coffee plants there are a number of other fruits and plants growing including banana trees, avocado, oranges etc.  Here’s a banana tree:

F3516A07-101E-4A63-AA77-B3F08C154DDE.thumb.jpeg.17dbf8c0cac9e7b55c4b7971d0fd870f.jpeg

Of course we ended up buying some coffee to take home.

Great pictures!

On 12/9/2022 at 6:54 PM, omynameistaken said:

I would love to know how the Izumi spa situation pans out for you. I would love to do it, but I only want to purchase it for part of the time. We are on the 16-day Hawaii cruise. 

How are the pools looking? I am hoping they are all heated. 

We have a complete aft cabin, so I hope the plumbing issues are all fixed.💩

Thanks for all your very informative information and I hope you continue to have a wonderful cruise!

I haven’t gone back to Izume. 

the pools aren’t heated but they have warmed up since the beginning of the cruise since we have had so much warm weather. The covered pool is warmer than the outside ones. All are swimable and people are enjoying them.

there haven’t been any more announcement about sewage problems so I take that as a good sign!  There is one cabin in the section up from ours that has had flooding in the hall at least 3 times since the start of the cruise.  They had the cabin door open today and it looked like there was a lot of repair work going on in there!  When I walked by the hall was wet again tonight so it looks like they still have unresolved issues there!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Shelly97060 said:

I haven’t gone back to Izume. 

the pools aren’t heated but they have warmed up since the beginning of the cruise since we have had so much warm weather. The covered pool is warmer than the outside ones. All are swimable and people are enjoying them.

there haven’t been any more announcement about sewage problems so I take that as a good sign!  There is one cabin in the section up from ours that has had flooding in the hall at least 3 times since the start of the cruise.  They had the cabin door open today and it looked like there was a lot of repair work going on in there!  When I walked by the hall was wet again tonight so it looks like they still have unresolved issues there!

Oh jeez, those poor people ☹️

Thank you for the info and I do have another question for you. Have you been to any movies under the stars 🤩 ??

Thanks for sharing all your pictures  📸 we've never been that to that part of Mexico and it looks very inviting 

🥂 Cheers!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, omynameistaken said:

Oh jeez, those poor people ☹️

Thank you for the info and I do have another question for you. Have you been to any movies under the stars 🤩 ??

The cabin with the issues has been empty. We saw the people get relocated about the 3rd day of the cruise.  I am just hoping they get it all sorted out before the next cruise!

we have been watching some of the World Cup on movies under the stars but haven’t gone to any of the actual movies. 

• Thanks 1

I'm on the Jan 29th (2023) and I was wondering about the Thermal Suite as I see it's an option to pre-purchase.  I was a bit surprised because I had assume that the Izumi spa had somehow replaced that.  (i Know never assume...)  My big question is whether there are the thermal ceramic beds on the Diamond?  Thanks in advance.

18 hours ago, miagirl said:

I'm on the Jan 29th (2023) and I was wondering about the Thermal Suite as I see it's an option to pre-purchase.  I was a bit surprised because I had assume that the Izumi spa had somehow replaced that.  (i Know never assume...)  My big question is whether there are the thermal ceramic beds on the Diamond?  Thanks in advance.

The thermal suite has ceramic beds and it is separate from IZUME, 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, geejay said:

What is the aft mini-suite that is having all the problems? We are in an aft mini-suite on the Jan. 6th sailing and I want to make sure we don't have that cabin!

Cabin D631 is the one that’s had the issues. They have torn out all the carpet and today they are repainting it.  By the time the next cruise sails that room hopefully will be like new!.

• Thanks 1

We are in D616 and had some toilet issues but they are fixed. The HVAC is responsive to the thermostats. The ship has about 1100 guests, love it.. I walked around decks 9, 10, and 11 yesterday and there were 2 cabins quarantined on each. A few people are coughing but not too many. Very few mask wearers, we do. 50% of the crew are newbies but they are trying hard and doing a good job. Word is that the next cruise will have  lot of kids and the Hawaii cruise will have over 2500 passengers. No more empty elevators.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SLO Dancers said:

We are in D616 and had some toilet issues but they are fixed. The HVAC is responsive to the thermostats. The ship has about 1100 guests, love it.. I walked around decks 9, 10, and 11 yesterday and there were 2 cabins quarantined on each. A few people are coughing but not too many. Very few mask wearers, we do. 50% of the crew are newbies but they are trying hard and doing a good job. Word is that the next cruise will have  lot of kids and the Hawaii cruise will have over 2500 passengers. No more empty elevators.

Did you hear how many passengers on the next cruise?

I'm on the Christmas cruise that leaves this Saturday.  Thanks for all the updates!  A few questions:

• How's the (free) coffee in the buffet, and the dining rooms?  I have the coffee card, but wanted to know how good, or bad, the regular coffee is.
  • What kinds of tea are available in the buffet or dining room (besides the premium varieties that come with the coffee card)?

Thank you!

There will be approx 300 children on the next cruise.That is a low figure for Christmas cruise.

We are loving our aft suite. We bid up from a Mini suite . Totally spoiled.

Although food is subjective , we are finding it very good. We haven't been going to Club class dining because we have friends in regular dining room. We did try it to see if it is worth it and maybe if the ship were fully occupied it would be an asset. Breakfast in Sabatinis however (for suite guests) has been wonderful.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1