Celebration! / Live! / Solo! Dec-4-11-2022...

sid_9169

On 11/30/2022 at 8:42 PM, sid_9169 said:

img_5_1668213303616.jpg

Just 

On 11/30/2022 at 8:46 PM, sid_9169 said:

On April 26th, I went ahead and purchased my Cheers Beverage Package online, just to try and save a few bucks from the impending price increase that was soon to come. When I went to checkout, it prompted me with the option to use $50 in OBC against the price of the package, so I clicked on that and magically saved a little more. I honestly didn’t want to shell out four hundred bucks for something I wouldn’t be using for seven more months, but every penny counts in this economy crippled by inflation… My last cruise on the Mardi Gras, I was able to cover my entire package with OBC, but that was then and this is now… Either way, it’s something that I know I’m going to buy anyway, so what the heck…

Fast forward a couple of months, and I was able to take advantage of a $280 price drop… I submitted my Early Saver form, and was approved within minutes. Well, little did I realize that this would trigger my Cheers beverage package to be “automatically canceled and refunded”... I didn’t know this until I received my credit card bill the following month. I called Carnival and they said that because I had used $50 in OBC to purchase Cheers, submitting the price drop form triggered the cancellation. I called a couple of weeks later to see if they would allow me to repurchase Cheers at the old price, but no dice. Either way, I had saved more with the price drop than the increase in the cost, so I just decided to let it go. 

Rotten policy.  If you had kept the OBC to use towards grats and just paid for Cheers outright at the old price, then you would've been OK.

• Like 1

When I go on vacation I totally disconnect from the World back home. No TV, no news, no nothing... I'll catch up on all that stuff when I get home, but now it's just ME and the SEA and all the food and drinks..

• Like 36

Just now, CruizinSusan70 said:

Just 

Rotten policy.  If you had kept the OBC to use towards grats and just paid for Cheers outright at the old price, then you would've been OK.

Too late for that now. It is what it is..

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Have you ever seen the movie Pink Flamingos? If not, I must warn you about the scene with the chicken... 

PXL_20221205_185911238.thumb.jpg.93f4a203420b94007822faa84aa17af6.jpg

PXL_20221205_185917122.jpg

I want this SO BADLY for my living room! Sid, I am begging you--see if you can sneak it off for me. 😉 -

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 12/1/2022 at 11:24 AM, sid_9169 said:

Another place that I wanted to get into, and had also stalked for months, I had finally given up on… Freddy’s Speakeasy in the InterContinental Hotel only allows 12 people at a time inside, and offers three two hour “sessions” on the nights when they’re opened. I had been trying since even before they opened back in August to get on the list, but with no luck. I tried out their reservation system multiple times per day, hoping that I would at last “get lucky”... After weeks and weeks and weeks of attempts, I had just resolved that it wasn’t going to happen. On a whim, about three weeks prior to travel, I decided to give it ONE MORE SHOT… And, to my surprise, there were 2 time-slots available!. I quickly logged into my OpenTable account, and minutes later I had indeed secured my spot at the highly exclusive venue. Of course, again I had to enter my credit card information, as well as agree to their strict cancellation policy. Whether I showed up or not, they were getting their money. With those two things accomplished, I’m finally beginning to feel like the stars are aligning, and this is going to indeed be a LEGENDARY vacation!...

Screenshot_20221129-144749.thumb.png.a74deca2626188515641f37fe9f5dfe5.png

Screenshot_20221117-111926.png

Cote @ 530 and then Freddy's @ 830.  At least I'm not the only person that picked up on this, LOL.   @830123

Edited by CruizinSusan70
  • Like 1

On 12/1/2022 at 1:31 PM, sid_9169 said:

As far as Amber Cove goes, my plan is to stay on the ship and call it a sea day... My past couple of visits to the Dominican Republic haven't been so fruitful, and it'll give me some more time to explore the new ship...

Amber Cove is similar to Grand Turk.  No need to leave the complex to get into trouble and there is a giant pool for you to take a swim in.  Even if you just leave the ship for an hour, it would be worth it.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

This must be that restroom Greg was talking about. You know, the full Monty one.

PXL_20221205_185403927.jpg

No that’s the one that I thought was just gender neutral bathrooms but it’s two outter doors that take you to the bathroom area.

The full Monty was the single urinal next to the sink and no divider. I believe it was an obscure location. I was only in it once. Maybe by the festivale dining room. The one by the alchemy is also a small one but I think it has the urinal in a cubby hole. 

• Like 3