Check-in items in order

sgtjjmayle

Hello all,

My family will be traveling on the Encore in early January. DW and I will be out of town and away from the kids the night that check-in opens. I plan to have all of our photos already taken and saved on my phone/computer. What other information do I need to have on hand to complete check -in? I assume passport info, travel information, COVID vaccine cards (?). What else am I missing that we need to have on hand for a smooth online check-in. Thanks in advance!

10 minutes ago, sgtjjmayle said:

Thank you so much! Are they still requiring proof of vaccination?

I did a check-in last week and I don't recall if the subject of COVID came up at all.  Maybe I had to attest to something.  Definitely did not need any vaccination cards, but I don't think you ever did for the online check-in...

2 hours ago, sgtjjmayle said:

Hello all,

My family will be traveling on the Encore in early January. DW and I will be out of town and away from the kids the night that check-in opens. I plan to have all of our photos already taken and saved on my phone/computer. What other information do I need to have on hand to complete check -in? I assume passport info, travel information, COVID vaccine cards (?). What else am I missing that we need to have on hand for a smooth online check-in. Thanks in advance!

You do know that checking in online for your cruise at a later time  than "opening day" is absolutely no problem, right? I usually wait to check in until just a few days before the sailing date - as I don't see any reason to do it at an earlier time. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TrumpyNor said:

You do know that checking in online for your cruise at a later time  than "opening day" is absolutely no problem, right? I usually wait to check in until just a few days before the sailing date - as I don't see any reason to do it at an earlier time. 

Some folks like to get on the ship early. Generally speaking, the earlier you do your online check-in, the earlier time you'll get  to check-in at the pier.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TrumpyNor said:

If you want an early check in time, you should try to check in exactly 21 days prior to departure. That is 12 midnight eastern time on day 21. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

If you want an early check in time, you should try to check in exactly 21 days prior to departure. That is 12 midnight eastern time on day 21. 

I checked in last week for a December cruise (Prima so I assume fairly high occupancy) and sometime around 7:30AM I had every slot from 9AM on to choose from.

I just did my check in last night and I didn't realize I needed photos without glasses. I had to scramble to pull up an older one of my husband since he'd already fallen asleep. Also decide who your emergency contact that isn't on the cruise will be for everyone. No Covid info was needed. Some countries do require it tho. 

11 hours ago, TrumpyNor said:

11 hours ago, cruiserbear55 said:

Some folks like to get on the ship early. Generally speaking, the earlier you do your online check-in, the earlier time you'll get  to check-in at the pier.

7 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

We always get to the port rather early (around 10.30-11.00), and I honestly forgot that due to our Latitude Diamond status we are let to check-in at the pier pretty much as soon as we arrive there, and we are always let on the ship in "group 1". We have also only been doing European cruise itineraries since 2017, and to choose check-in time at the pier when doing the online check-in has not been required here as long as it has for cruises that starts from an American port, so I forgot about that as well. 

I am very sorry if my first reply caused any confusion.

Edited by TrumpyNor
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, cruiserbear55 said:

Generally speaking, no one gets to board before 1100 to 1130.  The earlier  you get there, the longer you wait.  At NOLA last March we arrived about 1000 and we stood in line for over an hour to even get to the security point.  Just like everyone else, we boarded at about 1115.  And, yes, we had priority boarding.

Our next cruise is in NOLA again and we don't plan on leaving to the port till about 1100.  We will still board around 1130.

• Like 2