Booking specialty restaurants - 6pm, 6:30pm or 8pm8:30pm bookings only??

3CanadianBears

2 minutes ago, 3CanadianBears said:

Looking ahead to our May cruise, and considering using some OBC for specialty dining.  Specialty restaurants are showing only the above times, I've tried different days.   Is this usual or is it because it is so far in advance?  

Thanks. 

Are you already booked for anything during the blocked out hours? I am booked for Aug on Beyond and many are sold out so you may be limited already.

On Apex Feb 2024 Eden is sold out on many nights. 

Patty 

Yes that is pretty usual.  They would like to turn each table twice during the night so they want people to eat early or later. You probably want to eat at seven or 730 but as you can imagine, that means that they can only sell that table once during the night.  So they will try now for two bookings and if they don’t get that, and you are on this ship, you can probably get the time you prefer if their strategy has not worked and your middle-of-the-dinner-service time is available,

• Like 2

Our cruise on the Beyond 6 months had nothing before 8:30 and those times were only at 2 restaurants and on,y 3 of 12 nights.  Most were 9 & 9:30.  We booked one of the 9 times and nothing earlier opened up so we ended up dining at 9.

1 minute ago, jelayne said:

Our cruise on the Beyond 6 months had nothing before 8:30 and those times were only at 2 restaurants and on,y 3 of 12 nights.  Most were 9 & 9:30.  We booked one of the 9 times and nothing earlier opened up so we ended up dining at 9.

Was going to say the same, even on my Millie sailing which was at 37% capacity, several months out Tuscan grill only had 830pm or later

6 hours ago, 3CanadianBears said:

Looking ahead to our May cruise, and considering using some OBC for specialty dining.  Specialty restaurants are showing only the above times, I've tried different days.   Is this usual or is it because it is so far in advance?  

Thanks. 

That is the way it was during my recent Silhouette cruise.  As I recall, it is has been that way for a while.  

7 hours ago, WestLakeGirl said:

Yes that is pretty usual.  They would like to turn each table twice during the night so they want people to eat early or later. You probably want to eat at seven or 730 but as you can imagine, that means that they can only sell that table once during the night.  So they will try now for two bookings and if they don’t get that, and you are on this ship, you can probably get the time you prefer if their strategy has not worked and your middle-of-the-dinner-service time is available,

Yes, exactly! 7:00pm would be our preferred time.  I understand now the idea of wanting to have two "seatings".   I'll go ahead and book 6:30pm.  Thanks to all who provided input.