Newbie-getting port arrival times?

New to Royal, to check in for port arrival times, can I use a computer or only the app? can I check both of us in or does check in go by cabin? When check in do you do all the infor like passport number,  photo, address and credit card or only pick a time. Im book with a group and we will  be arriving separately. Never gone with a group before all new territory for me. any infor will be helpful. I understand how to do Carnival and Princess.  Also is there a  way to input info before check in I don't see anywhere? Also my cabinmate is a friend and if I'm doing the checkin for both of us I need to know what infor I need from her.

Also do they open check right at midnight??

12 minutes ago, beauty1492 said:

New to Royal, to check in for port arrival times, can I use a computer or only the app? You can use either. can I check both of us in or does check in go by cabin? You can check in whomever is on your reservation (booking number) When check in do you do all the infor like passport number,  photo, address and credit card or only pick a time. You do all of this during check in.  Im book with a group and we will  be arriving separately. Never gone with a group before all new territory for me. any infor will be helpful. I understand how to do Carnival and Princess.  Also is there a  way to input info before check in I don't see anywhere? No, but check in opens 45 days out from your sail date. Also my cabinmate is a friend and if I'm doing the checkin for both of us I need to know what infor I need from her. You will need exactly the same information for her as you do for yourself.

Also do they open check right at midnight?? Technically, yes, but the systems seem to be a bit flaky until about noon on day 45.

See my answers above.

54 minutes ago, beauty1492 said:

thank you so much

is check in when you pick arrival time at port?

The time you select is when you can start the check-in process inside the terminal with the agents.  If you have 1100, you can arrive a little earlier to drop-off your luggage, park if needed, etc.  Once inside the terminal, you should be close to your selected time slot.  Some ports are stricter with arrival times than others.

1 hour ago, irishgal432 said:

On the app,you can select a Boarding time and then go back and fill in the other information if you do not all of it available.

Not a boarding time. Nobody knows exactly when boarding will start. Delays can always happen. It’s an arrival/check in time.

Edited by crzndeb
  • Like 1

You can grab check in times for all linked reservations, not just those in your cabin, on the app without having/needing/entering any other information.  The rest can be added at your leisure either on the app or the website.  You can do it all or everyone can do their own.

4 hours ago, poocher said:

You can grab check in times for all linked reservations, not just those in your cabin, on the app without having/needing/entering any other information.  The rest can be added at your leisure either on the app or the website.  You can do it all or everyone can do their own.

Sorry but little confused about ability to select check in time at port and then fill out rest of information another time- do you skip the questionnaires pages until get to select check in time on app (like click NEXT until get select check in time?

8 hours ago, chukli said:

Sorry but little confused about ability to select check in time at port and then fill out rest of information another time- do you skip the questionnaires pages until get to select check in time on app (like click NEXT until get select check in time?

You have to fill out the information name, address and passport info.  Before you can select an arrival time at the port.  You can submit your photo later, or they also will take a photo for you at the port.

8 hours ago, chukli said:

do you skip the questionnaires pages until get to select check in time on app (like click NEXT until get select check in time?

You can go directly to the check in time tab in the app - it's a different process than in a browser.

4 hours ago, Tlbecker1 said:

You have to fill out the information name, address and passport info.  Before you can select an arrival time at the port.  You can submit your photo later, or they also will take a photo for you at the port.

No, in the APP ONLY, you can jump right to arrival time without entering ANY OTHER information.  You’ll have to do each person on each reservation one by one but you don’t have to enter anything to get arrival times on the APP.  I will grab arrival times for everyone as soon as check in opens then go to bed & do the rest as I have time over then next few days.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tlbecker1 said:

Although 2 separate reservations, I have my daughter and grandson linked with me and other daughter and granddaughter. Was able to go into app and choose arrival time first for all of us. I didn’t have their other passport/credit card info. It saved it with no issues until they could fill in their info.

• Like 2