New to Port Canaveral - How backed up does it get upon arriving at the port?

I'm very familiar with how much time to give myself to head to the FL or Miami ports, but not so much for PC. I have an 11:30 arrival time for Port Canaveral. Once I arrive at the port area (pre Terminal), with traffic, how much time will it take to get from the entrance to the port area until I can arrive at the Wonder terminal? Just a general timeframe.

Thanks!

We sailed on the 20th on Wonder and had a 11:30 boarding time.  We took an Uber but saw plenty of locals parking in the lot in front of the terminal and walking in.  We never hit a bottleneck entering the port or after clearing the gate we just drove right up to the porters.  

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, F27TW said:

I am getting on that d*mn ship as early as possible ...  that IS Day 1  (of my extortionately priced drink package) ... so yea ..  

My feeling exactly.  Nice thing about being in a suite they give you an hour either way of your assigned boarding time to check in.  We left our Coco Beach hotel at 10:30 and had cocktail in hand on the sun deck by 11:30.  

Edited by ATSEAMYLIFE

We had 11:30 arrival time for Mariner last week.  Dropped bags at 11:05, parked car, took bridge from garage to terminal.  Waited in line about 10 min.  Once they let us into terminal, we were through security, checked in and on ship by 11:40.

Timing worked out well, but didn’t seem arrival times were enforced. While

waiting in line to be let in terminal from garage, they called out arrival times over PA, but by 11:25, they said all groups were welcome to board.

We've never had a back up going into or out of Port Canaveral.  Traffic flow is very efficient. Wonder is docked next to George King Blvd.  There's a traffic light into the parking area.  You'll be on the ship in no time.

Edited by Diver2014
  • Thanks 1

Love cruising (and parking) at T#1.    Our system:   We drop tagged bags way early with the porters as we pull in (never a line).   Heading back out, U turn up into the garage, pay at entry gate on second floor, find a good parking spot. 

Leave carry on bags in the vehicle, walk over to Grills next door.  Secure two delicious (and generous) Bloody Marys, find a seat on the dock.  Admire the aft end of our soon to be temporary home.   

Mmmm...when it gets close to our assigned time, collect carry on bags, check in...with relaxed smiles on our face.  😄 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Stupid question, i feel like ... but friends who we're on April 6 sailing with say that you can somehow request an early boarding ahead of time .. is this true?

Edited by F27TW

18 minutes ago, F27TW said:

but friends who we're on April 6 sailing with say that you can somehow request an early boarding ahead of time .. is this true?

Perhaps they meant check in time - and those are handed out during the online check in process at 45 days out. Unless you know someone in RCI IT to somehow get you in before then, I kinda doubt it.

If you want an early boarding time, get there and check in before boarding starts and either buy Key, be a Pinnacle or book a suite and then save a whopping couple of minutes over the rest of the masses.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Perhaps they meant check in time - and those are handed out during the online check in process at 45 days out. Unless you know someone in RCI IT to somehow get you in before then, I kinda doubt it.

If you want an early boarding time, get there and check in before boarding starts and either buy Key, be a Pinnacle or book a suite and then save a whopping couple of minutes over the rest of the masses.

Thanks so much, Biker .. so its OK to arrive early before your check in time and go in ?

51 minutes ago, F27TW said:

Thanks so much, Biker .. so its OK to arrive early before your check in time and go in ?

Royal says no, arrive at your designated time.  But in practice, many have gotten on early.  Expect to have to wait for your time, be happy if you get on early.

• Like 1

Yes, some are by passing the assigned check in...if lucky.  Of course there is a reason for assigned time,  to get better control of the crowds outside the terminal.  

Then....when they are enforcing it, you get to cool your heels outside the terminal and wait.  You have to decide if you want to take that gamble.  

Me...not fond of standing around outside, when I could sit comfortably with a beverage in my hand, knowing I can check in at assigned time when it comes up. 

• Like 1