Got my first Move Up

dateacher

I have always half-heartedly bid for move-ups and this time I won a move from Concierge to Sky Suite on our Jan. 3,  Beyond cruise.  It's the first leg of our B2B so I'm hoping we get lucky for the second half.  I won't complain but I'd rather not have to go back to a regular cabin.  Would have preferred the suite on the second half.  Hoping they are doing cruise by cruise and we hear more good news soon.  It is only three doors down from our original cabin so if we do have to go back, it's not far.  And before you ask, it was just under $2,000 for two.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, dateacher said:

I have always half-heartedly bid for move-ups and this time I won a move from Concierge to Sky Suite on our Jan. 3,  Beyond cruise.  It's the first leg of our B2B so I'm hoping we get lucky for the second half.  I won't complain but I'd rather not have to go back to a regular cabin.  Would have preferred the suite on the second half.  Hoping they are doing cruise by cruise and we hear more good news soon.  It is only three doors down from our original cabin so if we do have to go back, it's not far.  And before you ask, it was just under $2,000 for two.

Nice.  Be sure to add your information to the "Move Up Offer Tracker" sticky on this forum.

11 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Nice.  Be sure to add your information to the "Move Up Offer Tracker" sticky on this forum.

I will when I get the confirmation. AmEx shows it pending and TA got some sort of notification

20 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Great news!  Enjoy the sky suite and especially Luminae and all of the suite perks!  Hope you are as successful for the second leg of your cruise as you will be spoiled.

That's what I'm afraid of.  I recently figured how many houses I need to sell before I can be "optionally employed" but I think this may mean I have to sell a few more to stay at suite level.  

• Haha 1

If you don't get a Move Up for the second leg, let the Retreat Manager know your interest in staying in a suite.  The Move Up process closes 48 hours before the cruise.  People do cancel last minute so you might get lucky through the ship. Have a great trip. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Great news!  Enjoy the sky suite and especially Luminae and all of the suite perks!  Hope you are as successful for the second leg of your cruise as you will be spoiled.

Our first celebrity cruise about 11 years ago when solstice was new we got a free upgrade to sky suite, we have booked nothing but suites since .

9 hours ago, JFontaine said:

If you don't get a Move Up for the second leg, let the Retreat Manager know your interest in staying in a suite.  The Move Up process closes 48 hours before the cruise.  People do cancel last minute so you might get lucky through the ship. Have a great trip. 

9 hours ago, JFontaine said:

That's a good thought.

OK--here's a good one. We were completely floored that for our first B2B on the APEX last year, our weenie bid to move from a sky suite to a Celebrity Suite landed us in the Iconic suite for week one! WHAT? Quick, get inside and lock the door and don't answer if anyone knocks!

The second week, we were in the Celebrity suite from our move up bid...and from our balcony, we could see who replaced us in the Iconic suite! bahahaha! We wanted to yell--"hey--get outta our room!"

It was a once in a lifetime dream week! (not that week 2 wasn't delightful)

My advice--always do a move up....you just never know where you might land!

• Like 2