XPCDOOJK will Not be doing a LIVE on the Harmony beginning Saturday!

xpcdoojk

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

We went to our cabin, the others I am sure entertained themselves on the ship.  We sat on the balcony sipping Gran Marnier and watching the other ships lights in the distance and the stars.  

jc

One of the best activities in the world.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, little britain said:

So that’s what you look like! 
One day we will meet!

LBx

ps: good non live review so far! 

Hi LB

you just need to swap 2024 TA

so the key was just me and a kid who alternated between boogie and stand-up. It was a sweet hour!!!!  Probably 15 plus runs. 

the primary wave has been 8 to 12

not bad

• Like 4

3 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Hi LB

you just need to swap 2024 TA

so the key was just me and a kid who alternated between boogie and stand-up. It was a sweet hour!!!!  Probably 15 plus runs. 

the primary wave has been 8 to 12

not bad

Oasis in April ‘24?

On 12/11/2022 at 7:22 AM, xpcdoojk said:

9AM Key FlowRider this morning, so I am off in a few to take it on.  Hopefully, there will not be many people there.  Fingers crossed.

I would like to see video of you on the flow rider please.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I would like to see video of you on the flow rider please.

So, all of my videos are raw right now.  I usually start the camera on a tripod and it runs for 14 minutes.  I edit them when I am home.  I could probably find one from my last sailing on Smugmug and post it, if I had some time.  Which I rarely do here.  I know I posted some from a bad sea day that I posted from last year on the Allure on this thread or John’s Bella thread.  I was proud of that one because the wave was horrible and I didn’t fall.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Anything special you have found about Harmony over other O class ships that you have been on? I almost booked the ship but Odyssey won out.

It seems exactly the same as the Symphony from 4 years ago.  More water slides than Allure.  Grease versus Mama Mia.  Prefer Mama Mia.  Although Grease was good last night, but ended at 11:30 way past my bedtime!  I liked the shows on the Symphony other than Hairspray and it was good.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It is a good wave.  I first in line this morning in a light rain and strong wind.  The 20 somethings started showing up about 11, so I am in the room getting ready for lunch.

My DW has been doing the Flash Dance practice, she thinks the routine is not awesome, she misses the Thriller dances.

jc

• Like 2

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

So, all of my videos are raw right now.  I usually start the camera on a tripod and it runs for 14 minutes.  I edit them when I am home.  I could probably find one from my last sailing on Smugmug and post it, if I had some time.  Which I rarely do here.  I know I posted some from a bad sea day that I posted from last year on the Allure on this thread or John’s Bella thread.  I was proud of that one because the wave was horrible and I didn’t fall.  

I would love to see some video at some point, don't go out of your way. I'm just envious because I wish I could do that.

• Like 1

Apparently, a cruise critic pinnacle lady was looking for me today.  I think it was shortly after 11:15 when I went to go to lunch.  The guys in the line let me know.   Sorry for whomever was looking for me.  I like meeting cruise critic people.  

On a down note, I was surfing about 4 pm when Santa and his elf went by with a sack full of toys (I presume).  I was surfing well on that run and he didn’t give me a toy.  I complained to the sports staff while surfing, and the big Jamaican guy said I had been naughty all day.  Everyone was laughing.  

JC

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

On 12/8/2022 at 11:14 AM, xpcdoojk said:

That title ought to bring out some folks who just adore me!🥰

Our trip is upcoming at 3:30AM when our friends have a limo service picking us up at that happy time in the morning.  😂. Our first flight to Charlotte departs at 5:25AM, we have a couple of hours to kill in the Amex Centurion Lounge at Charlotte.  Our next flight gets us into FLL at about 12:30PM.  We are traveling with friends for the first time since pre-covid.  One couple has travelled with us a lot over the last 30 years.  They are 8 and 14 years older than us… so who knows how much longer.  The other joining us is a nurse who works with my wife, and this is her third cruise with us.  So, she will be turning Platinum after this cruise.  🤪

I love these 8 night sailings at this time of the year, because the kids are still mostly in school, and I like the extra day.  We traditionally seek out longer itineraries because for me it makes the pain of air travel to be worthwhile.  Even on a lot of our 7 day sailings I have combined them with a week or more doing a land vacation.  We did this with this same 5 some in 2018 flying to Alaska and renting an RV for a week to visit Denali and other bits of Alaska before a cruise to Vancouver.  

This one goes to Aruba, Curacao and Labadee.  I booked the Dragon thing on Labadee, so for the first time I am actually going to get off the ship there.  Normally, I just ride the FlowRider and watch the activities from deck 16.  We are doing a ATV adventure on Aruba that I booked thru Viator (first non-cruise line tour I have booked since Covid).  We are just going to wander around Willemstad, Curacao.  Been there several times.  We are eating Dinner in Aruba at Wilhelmina which is supposed to be really good.  Last time we did a cruise to Aruba, we had too much Sex on the Beach (alcohol drink by the yard… what did you think I meant😆) at Carlos and Charlies.  Afterwards walking back to the ship around midnight my wife fell off the sidewalk onto the cobblestones below, and was caught by a friend, but twisted her left foot, breaking a bone.  She was giggling and wanting to cry at the same time.  I piggy backed her thru security, fortunately they just figured she was drunk not injured, and in the middle of the night she couldn’t sleep with the pain.  We spent the next morning in the infirmary, getting a wrap, wheel chair and crutches.  On the upside, it helped a lot getting thru the airport in San Juan after the cruise.  Is there a bar in Aruba on the way back to the ship pier that can replace Carlos and Charlies for some silly adult drinking?  I need advice on this.  I may plan on piggy backing her again, just to make sure we don’t repeat.  

We have dinner tomorrow at the Boatyard.  We are debating if we want to do a water taxi loop after dinner.  

I will not be posting all of the time on this thread.  I will read everything, because I can on my phone while standing in line for the next ride on the FlowRider.  Since I will waste 8 hours a day in this line.  I spend most of my time making sure I attend to my DW’s every need so I can repeat the same 8 hour activity the next day.  So, not a lot of time to post.  

Please follow along.  I am sure there will be some fun and silliness to occur that I will manage to share.

jc

Following since we're doing that itinerary in February. Looking forward to reading about your adventures.