Steakhouse cost

crooooze

On 12/13/2022 at 8:14 AM, crooooze said:

Over the years, we’ve celebrated a couple of birthdays in Royal’s specialty restaurants. No free meal. Not even a “happy birthday” wish from the server. Maybe we were not high enough on the loyalty colors.

We cruised on Allure for my last birthday. No free meal but when i went to the bar for a couple of drinks the bartender swiped my card and saw it was my birthday and gave me a free shot of tequila and said Happy Birthday!

6 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

We cruised on Allure for my last birthday. No free meal but when i went to the bar for a couple of drinks the bartender swiped my card and saw it was my birthday and gave me a free shot of tequila and said Happy Birthday!

Royal is cutting back on free drinks by pulling access to the Concierge lounge for all except suite and Pinnacle Club members.

9 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Royal is cutting back on free drinks by pulling access to the Concierge lounge for all except suite and Pinnacle Club members.

In the suite lounge, has anyone else ever had access? I knew suite guests (GS and up) did, but was not aware of Pinnacle folks.

With Royal, I have not felt the need to purchase a drink package. Diamond gets you 4 drinks (per day!) on your card, and with the suite lounge open in the evenings - free drinks there!

BTW, something else Carnival could learn here... I was able to reach Diamond early on (second/third sailing?) with Royal as I had already hit Elite with Celebrity. But, even being "honorary" Diamond - gets you all the Diamond perks !

Tom

14 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

In the suite lounge, has anyone else ever had access? I knew suite guests (GS and up) did, but was not aware of Pinnacle folks.

With Royal, I have not felt the need to purchase a drink package. Diamond gets you 4 drinks (per day!) on your card, and with the suite lounge open in the evenings - free drinks there!

BTW, something else Carnival could learn here... I was able to reach Diamond early on (second/third sailing?) with Royal as I had already hit Elite with Celebrity. But, even being "honorary" Diamond - gets you all the Diamond perks !

Tom

Ships without a suite lounge

https://www.cruisehive.com/royal-caribbean-removes-loyalty-benefit-for-being-too-popular/90337

Ya, so just a heads up.  I literally just brought this to the attention of the technical department for our cruise in May... same thing as your says $48, at check out $42.  Came over here to post and say this thread so figured I'd post here instead of starting a new one.

BE ADVISED!!! I would not do it!!!

Last night I bought the steakhouse with gift cards and it processed it and debited my gift card for the $84 but didn't send a confirmation and gave me an error message.  Spent 2 hours on the phone over 2 days for them to tell me they don't know why but the system booked and immediately canceled it.  So now I have to wait for them to mail me my refund gift card for $84 back!

I went in today to go buy it again, and noticed that there was the price difference at check out versus the first page saying $48, called and they said yep we have a problem!  I guarantee that is why it booked and immediately cancelled on me last night.   (I didn't see the price difference last night, just saw it today when I tried to buy again).

If you check out at the wrong rate be prepared to have the same problem with whatever form of payment you use.

Hmm. I booked the other day when it was still showing at $42, used OBC, got a confirmation email, and it's still showing in my planner that I am booked for the steakhouse. I bought some other things too and ended up having to pay $10 out of pocket in the transaction plus what was left of my OBC, and my card was debited only for that $10. So maybe the issue was with your gift cards.

4 minutes ago, allinwonderland said:

Hmm. I booked the other day when it was still showing at $42, used OBC, got a confirmation email, and it's still showing in my planner that I am booked for the steakhouse. I bought some other things too and ended up having to pay $10 out of pocket in the transaction plus what was left of my OBC, and my card was debited only for that $10. So maybe the issue was with your gift cards.

Nope, wasn't gift cards.  I had used one already for a Pedi.  I used the balance of that one and I had to use a 2nd for the remaining steak house amount, which I have subsequently used the rest of to book Cucina, Water and both worked fine.

With you using OBC it isn't "really" deducted until you get on board so may not have registered as a true glitch yet.

I would not be surprised if something comes up in the pricing when you board 😊

Edited by wemjam

On 12/10/2022 at 1:25 PM, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I hadn't noticed this until you mentioned it. I booked a cruise on Wednesday and went ahead and set up 6 of the nights in the Steakhouse (2) and Rudi's (4). It was listed as $48 pp each on the specialty dining page. It came to four hundred something and I just paid it. However, after reading this thread I decided to go back in and look more closely. It's good that I did, as I see that one of my reservations was only for 1 instead of 2. I've rectified that situation now, and am also happy to report that all of mine booked previously, and the correction I just made, all processed through at $42.

THANKS Carnival (particularly your IT team)!!  😄

Tom

Well - this was quick!

On 12/10 I went in and cancelled the dinner reservation where I had inadvertently booked for just one person, and then rebooked it for the two of us.

Today, five days later, FedEx delivered a card with $42 on it from the cancelled reservation! 

i-k8sJqL9-XL.jpg

Tom

1 minute ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Well - this was quick!

On 12/10 I went in and cancelled the dinner reservation where I had inadvertently booked for just one person, and then rebooked it for the two of us.

Today, five days later, FedEx delivered a card with $42 on it from the cancelled reservation! 

i-k8sJqL9-XL.jpg

Tom

wow. That’s great.
How cool would it be if they immediately emailed e-gift card refunds of purchases made with an e-gift card. 🙂 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wemjam said:

Ya, so just a heads up.  I literally just brought this to the attention of the technical department for our cruise in May... same thing as your says $48, at check out $42.  Came over here to post and say this thread so figured I'd post here instead of starting a new one.

BE ADVISED!!! I would not do it!!!

Last night I bought the steakhouse with gift cards and it processed it and debited my gift card for the $84 but didn't send a confirmation and gave me an error message.  Spent 2 hours on the phone over 2 days for them to tell me they don't know why but the system booked and immediately canceled it.  So now I have to wait for them to mail me my refund gift card for $84 back!

I went in today to go buy it again, and noticed that there was the price difference at check out versus the first page saying $48, called and they said yep we have a problem!  I guarantee that is why it booked and immediately cancelled on me last night.   (I didn't see the price difference last night, just saw it today when I tried to buy again).

If you check out at the wrong rate be prepared to have the same problem with whatever form of payment you use.

Sorry it didn’t work out for you.
My reservations still seem to be intact.

6 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Well - this was quick!

i-k8sJqL9-XL.jpg

Tom

What service did they use (next day, 3 day?) I have been waiting for some cards from cancelled cheers purchase and even called in and was told they would be sending new ones but nada yet.  

9 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

What service did they use (next day, 3 day?) I have been waiting for some cards from cancelled cheers purchase and even called in and was told they would be sending new ones but nada yet.  

I'll have to look when I get back home in a couple of hours!

Tom

• Thanks 1