Availability of Puzzles, Chess, Games, Cards and Books Onboard

momfrommn

Are puzzles, chess, games, and cards currently available to borrow or do I need to bring my own?  Not sure if this has been discontinued due to COVID.

I’ll be on the Crown in January - are books available in the library?  Are passengers offering up books they brought and have finished?

Thank you in advance. 

9 hours ago, momfrommn said:

Are puzzles, chess, games, and cards currently available to borrow or do I need to bring my own?  Not sure if this has been discontinued due to COVID.

I’ll be on the Crown in January - are books available in the library?  Are passengers offering up books they brought and have finished?

Thank you in advance. 

Don’t know about the book exchange, but no problem with games to use on the Crown.

Crown is an older ship so it does have a library mid ship deck 7 by the Wheelhouse Bar. I have seen people making puzzles in the library. I would bring my own cards. Don't know about other games. In the past have seen passengers playing mahjong, dominos with their own travel sets. Observed over the years that book exchanges are diminishing as more and more people read electronic books.

21 hours ago, Sarnia 432 said:

Brand new looking games (and lots of them) on the Island Princess this summer

Agree.  The Island was loaded with games, compared to Regal (for example) this Fall.  But Island also does a lot of the longer voyages, including WC's, so it was no surprise to find it as equipped as it was back in 2018.

There were books in the library in November, and I know other guests left books as well. Also every sea day they had all kinds of games set up in the crown grill. This was on crown. We did bring our own cards as we like to play crib throughout the day and different locations 

• Like 1

The Discovery does not have an area called the library. This was disappointing as we would normally drop by daily to pick up the puzzle(s) of the day. Also, the Wake show used to always have some form of trivia question which allowed those with correct answers to win a little (definitely not life-changing) prize. Without that, the show has become kind of blah.... How many times can you listen to the shopping concierge or hear about the available spa treatments?