Serenade to add laundry facilities

John&LaLa

On 12/15/2022 at 12:28 PM, Magicat said:

I can see the new thread coming already..."Laundry Machine Hogs!" 🤣

You have no idea!  As someone who does do laundry on a cruise, some of the worst interactions I've ever had with fellow cruisers have been in the laundry rooms!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KLMB said:

Did I describe it wrong?  When you open a can of soda, pull the "opener" tab all the way off.  If I wasn't so stupid I could take a photo and attach, but I don't know how on my computer. 

Pretty sure she was thinking about the old pull off tabs.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bradpole said:

You have no idea!  As someone who does do laundry on a cruise, some of the worst interactions I've ever had with fellow cruisers have been in the laundry rooms!

Hey, but they paid for their vacation so they're entitled to use those machines lol.

3 hours ago, bradpole said:

Years ago, I needed to wash three beach coverups on a Carnival ship. There was a woman in the closest laundry room with two loads in the machines and more on the floor. She told me where the nearest room was and said she had another load after the current one and it would take a while. I thanked her and headed upstairs. Apparently she changed her mind right after I walked out, because she was already in the other laundry room when I got there. The lids were closed on the washers but they were silent. I opened the lid and saw her laundry just dumped in haphazardly. She had used the stairs in the other direction and run quickly enough to beat me to the laundry room she had just directed me to. That was the tackiest thing I have ever experienced on a cruise. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, KLMB said:

Did I describe it wrong?  When you open a can of soda, pull the "opener" tab all the way off.  If I wasn't so stupid I could take a photo and attach, but I don't know how on my computer. 

Eons ago, the tabs used to pull all the way off easily.  Now they stay attached to the can.  Those tabs were terrible trash waste, and dangerous to step on if hiding in the sand at a beach for example.  At least now they get recycled (hopefully) with the rest of the aluminum can.  

Or are you still finding tabs that pull completely away?  Did not think they made them any longer.  

On 12/15/2022 at 6:40 PM, Cruise5life said:

Princess has them on all ships I think.    Or newer ships at least.  
Every deck.   

Princess, Cunard, many HAL ships, Carnival (not on their newest ships), Disney all have self service laundry facilities.