NCL Doing right by me

Davechipp74

Many of us including myself have had not the best experience with NCL customer service. I am more than pleased with my last  interactions with them, first on my upcoming 12 day cruise in Jan. I was going to be awarded 12 latitude points, some time after final payment they doubled the points for my cruise, I called and was told I already made final payment and double points was for new bookings. I know from past experience that different customer service agents will give you different results, so I call again and after 20 min I'm getting 24 points making me Platinum on my very next cruise ( after Jan.) instead of 2 more 7 day cruises and finally Platinum on a 3rd. Then days later I inquired about a price drop and will be credited $450.20 toward my next booking after deposit (a $700 credit for $250) I am thrilled. I already looking to book next Nov. Just wanted to share good news, and not a thread that complains. Cheers. 

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, DAVECHIPP1974 said:

Many of us including myself have had not the best experience with NCL customer service. I am more than pleased with my last  interactions with them, first on my upcoming 12 day cruise in Jan. I was going to be awarded 12 latitude points, some time after final payment they doubled the points for my cruise, I called and was told I already made final payment and double points was for new bookings. I know from past experience that different customer service agents will give you different results, so I call again and after 20 min I'm getting 24 points making me Platinum on my very next cruise ( after Jan.) instead of 2 more 7 day cruises and finally Platinum on a 3rd. Then days later I inquired about a price drop and will be credited $450.20 toward my next booking after deposit (a $700 credit for $250) I am thrilled. I already looking to book next Nov. Just wanted to share good news, and not a thread that complains. Cheers. 

What cruise are you on?

Thanks for sharing this. I was booked on an Alaskan cruise in 2020 and it was cancelled (due to Covid). My customer service experience was not the best (read: awful) and left me with a bad opinion of NCL. After plenty of thought and realizing that SO MANY companies were stretched to an impossible limit in 2020, I decided to give them another go and sailed to Alaska on the Encore in Sept 2022. I was thrilled with how my booking, checkin, and onboard experience went. To a person, every staff member I came into contact with was enthusiastic, efficient, and friendly. I'm glad I gave NCL a chance to change my mind and I'm looking forward to my next cruise with them.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, DAVECHIPP1974 said:

I was going to be awarded 12 latitude points, some time after final payment they doubled the points for my cruise, I called and was told I already made final payment and double points was for new bookings. 

I may be the only one confused by this, since nobody else is questioning it. But if they awarded you double points after final payment, why would you call to request double points?

EDIT: Oh, after re-reading this for the fifth time, I think I see what you were saying...that the cruise in general qualified for double points and you called to see about getting the double points even though it wasn't a new booking. When you said they doubled the points for "your cruise" I thought you literally meant they doubled the points for YOU. I need more coffee...

Edited by schmoopie17
  • Haha 3

59 minutes ago, DAVECHIPP1974 said:

Thank you for sharing your positive experience and outcome.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I called Friday and had a great experience also. I needed to change the date of our cruise from Feb to April. Customer service said will have a penalty because cruise is under so many days away. I agreed, since we cannot go in Feb. Turns out the new date of cruise we get 3 points per day, also got $531 refund!! 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DAVECHIPP1974 said:

I was going to be awarded 12 latitude points, some time after final payment they doubled the points for my cruise,

I'm confused.  All Latitudes members get one point per night.  For a long time now, the default bonus has been 1 extra point per night (i.e. double points).  Recently, they changed to 2 bonus points per night for many/most 2023 sailings (i.e. triple points).  Are you sure you weren't already scheduled to get 24 points?

1 hour ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I'm confused.  All Latitudes members get one point per night.  For a long time now, the default bonus has been 1 extra point per night (i.e. double points).  Recently, they changed to 2 bonus points per night for many/most 2023 sailings (i.e. triple points).  Are you sure you weren't already scheduled to get 24 points?

Yes when I booked and paid for it in June it was 1 point per night, sometime after they made it 2 points per night for cabins less then a suite, called and was told I made final payment already and 2x points were for new bookings and 3x points were for suites and above, I called back and a different agent got me 2x points

45 minutes ago, DAVECHIPP1974 said:

I called back and a different agent got me 2x points

So you're only getting two points per night instead of the new 3 points per night promo?  I rebooked several 2023 sailings when the new offer came out and I'm getting 3 points per night on all of them.  None are Suite or Haven.

Which latitudes promo codes are listed on your invoice?

Edited by ChiefMateJRK

5 hours ago, drumming cruisers said:

Customer service said will have a penalty because cruise is under so many days away. I agreed, since we cannot go in Feb. Turns out the new date of cruise we get 3 points per day, also got $531 refund!! 

So what was the penalty?

Congrats on the refund!!