general question

bargainhuntah

Hello All

A question for the community...

I've paid a deposit on Norwegian for a cruise in October 2023.  I noticed that since I paid the deposit, the price for the cruise fluctuates...which I know is common.

The question is, if there is now a lower price for the same cabin and cruise, can I get the price difference applied toward a credit on the cruise I've booked?

Or do I cancel the cruise and re-book.?

I've heard from one person that said Norwegian will refund the difference as a credit for another cruise, one time.  Seems kind of a crazy way to do business, being that there's so many carriers to choose from....

Since your question is specific to NCL, you should ask it in the NCL forum. (In fact, if you do some reading there, you’ll readily find the answer, which is that if the price drops before final payment, you can have your cruise repriced, and you can do so multiple times.. After final payment, if there’s a price drop, you can request a FCC, but only once per reservation. That’s a fairly new practice, and it could change.)

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/64-norwegian-cruise-line/

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bargainhuntah said:

Hello All

A question for the community...

I've paid a deposit on Norwegian for a cruise in October 2023.  I noticed that since I paid the deposit, the price for the cruise fluctuates...which I know is common.

The question is, if there is now a lower price for the same cabin and cruise, can I get the price difference applied toward a credit on the cruise I've booked?

I've heard from one person that said Norwegian will refund the difference as a credit for another cruise, one time.  Seems kind of a crazy way to do business, being that there's so many carriers to choose from....

Since you are before final payment call NCL and they will adjust the price (if they cancel and rebook it shouldn’t matter to you). You can do this as often as you want before you are in penalty phase. 

10 hours ago, bargainhuntah said:

You can cancel and rebook until you are in the penalty period. (If you booked with a TA, verify that they don't have any cancellation fees). BUT,,, you will get the promotions at the time you rebook. 

I generally just have them reprice so the deposit still applies.  That said, I have had to cancel and rebook to upgrade to a better promo (2 bonus latitudes points per night vs. 1).  I'm describing pre-final payment changes.  Post final payment FCC I've obtained once and didn't get once.  I've learned that a phone call improves my success rate.

As above post state, that is true in my experience.

ine thing to consider if its after final payment - call your TA or PCC and ask to pay fir an upgrade to the cabin type that currently cost closest to what you paid.

An example: if you paid $1000pp for an oceanview but now the OV is $800pp but a balcony costs $1025pp, ask to upgrade to the balcony at the new price. You’re out 25pp but have a better cabin grade with more perks (under the current scheme). You should gave more luck at this than requesting a refund of the excess for the OV, or the non refundable OBC they might offer.

pmPersonally, I dislike getting nonrefundable ObC - i have to “buy” things i probably wouldn't normally choose just to use it up.

The above answers are absolutely true if you have booked through NCL US which I do believe you have as your profile states you are from CA. However, just for those who might stumble upon this thread and have booked through NCL EU or UK: whatever price you booked is the price you get. No later discounts or credits are applied. If you cancel you lose your deposit even if you are outside of the final payment. You could though change your cruise to another one and just use your deposit towards that…and then I guess technically you could change yourself back to the original cruise with the now lower price. Not sure though what NCL would say about this as you’d definitely try to do something that is not allowed in EU/UK bookings (get a lower price after already booking) 🤔

Edited by European_CruiseGirl