Last cruise for a while - Vista was not great

On 12/22/2022 at 6:45 PM, Rudyard said:

We had the same issues with the food on our recent Vista cruise. We always eat at least the first night in the MDR and were underwhelmed this time. After that dinner was either Cucina, JiJi, Bonsai, or the deli. Luckily we also had some OBC to help out with that. We tried the buffet a couple of times for lunch because the offerings looked good, but were disappointed with that as well. Most lunches were Pasta Bella, Mongolian Wok, Guys, or Blue Iguana. We did find breakfast in the buffet to be decent. Bacon was served twice since I'm sure someone out there is dying to ask 😉

What do you mean bacon was served twice?  Is it not served every day?  We usually cruise Celebrity these days and they have bacon everyday but are sailing on Carnival because of our college kids in tow this time.

5 hours ago, choppe said:

What do you mean bacon was served twice?  Is it not served every day?  We usually cruise Celebrity these days and they have bacon everyday but are sailing on Carnival because of our college kids in tow this time.

In MDR it is available everyday. In the Buffet it every other day. 

• Thanks 1

Not a fan of the Vista either. Was my least favorite of the ships we have been on. Had great crew, but a terrible layout. Feels so cramped and has a terrible PSR.

Also incredibly ironic that it is named “Vista” yet has so few windows in public spaces.

Edited by talkorpi
  • Like 1

On 12/22/2022 at 11:39 PM, staceyglow said:

My pet peeve!  Able-bodied people getting on the elevator to go down one flight of stairs.  I actually try to take the stairs as much as possible to burn off all the "terrible" food I am eating on the cruise.

I might look able bodied because I do not use a scooter or walker but I have had 2 knee replacements and have balance issues and have been advised by my doctor not to use stairs. So some of those people who only use it for one floor need to use it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, FloridaGram said:

I might look able bodied because I do not use a scooter or walker but I have had 2 knee replacements and have balance issues and have been advised by my doctor not to use stairs. So some of those people who only use it for one floor need to use it.

Some, but I am sure not all.  Like groups of running teenagers, as I mentioned earlier.

• Like 1

On 12/23/2022 at 2:42 PM, iheartmarshall said:

I know many hate the elaborate decor of the older Carnival ships. 

Count me in as one that thinks the decor of the Vista class is sophisticated and elegant. I still sail on the older ships, but the decor on the newer builds (and Radiance / Sunrise) is better. 

On 12/30/2022 at 2:12 PM, talkorpi said:

Not a fan of the Vista either. Was my least favorite of the ships we have been on. Had great crew, but a terrible layout. Feels so cramped and has a terrible PSR.

Also incredibly ironic that it is named “Vista” yet has so few windows in public spaces.

Book in the Havana area and it will change your perception. Most of us that rave about the Vista class only sail in the Havana/Terrazza area on it. 

• Like 2

On 12/30/2022 at 2:12 PM, talkorpi said:

On Carnival's newest ships, the "vistas" you get aren't necessarily through windows, but from the outside decks that are close to the water (lanai decks, for example).   This is something that Carnival and NCL's new-builds have been expanding on, while Royal really hasn't.  You get a closer connection to the ocean on the former than on Royal.    

I’m on the Vista in 16 days and feeling a tad apprehensive about the crowds and poor flow after reading this. We were on the Sunshine in July and the shows were packed, some standing room only, but I don’t remember long lines anywhere.

1 minute ago, RCmommy said:

I’m on the Vista in 16 days and feeling a tad apprehensive about the crowds and poor flow after reading this. We were on the Sunshine in July and the shows were packed, some standing room only, but I don’t remember long lines anywhere.

The biggest problem with Sunshine is the poor design of the lounges and Lido buffet. The rest of the ship I think is great.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mz-s said:

The biggest problem with Sunshine is the poor design of the lounges and Lido buffet. The rest of the ship I think is great.

Especially the Limelight.  They 'missed' on that. Spinning it 90 degrees on Sunrise/Radiance didn't make it perfect but improved it significantly.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2022 at 3:58 PM, FloridaGram said:

My step mom is like that as well.  After her knee replacements, her knee doesn't bend at all. So for her to attempt even one flight of stairs is rather difficult, as she is very slow moving trying to take each step.  People then are behind her and she slows others down, so she will take the elevators for one flight as well.  

• Like 1