Assigned late dining on Glory (I’ll be in PJs by then)

spleenstomper

Hi, all. As I have mentioned, at the time I booked, I was able to snag the last cabin on the cruise. Then it sold out and went offline. We are going with a large group and they all have early dining. We were wait listed and assigned late dining, which I’m not going to do. Does Glory have an anytime dining room? Thanks. I haven’t started packing yet (hope today), so I’m a bit chaotic…

I received an email in the last day or so reaffirming that I can’t get early dining and I’m stuck with late.

Edited by spleenstomper

34 minutes ago, spleenstomper said:

Does Glory have an anytime dining room? Thanks. 

I believe the lower level of one of the dining rooms is for Your Time Dining. The YTD is limited and you will need to request to be moved to that option, although it is likely full as well. Your best option is to go to the dining room as soon as you board and see if the maître d’ is available and can seat you at a large table with others in your traveling party during early seating.

Edited by JT1962
  • Like 7

But just to clarify....... A guest assigned to Late/Early dining cannot simply show up to YTD and be given a table. They will be directed by the hostess to their assigned dining. I don't want to assume but from reading the OPs post they might erroneously believe YTD is an option they can exercise at will. They cannot.  Folks have one of exactly three 'slots'; Early, Late or YTD. Only the maitre'd can switch you between them once you are onboard.

• Like 2

Thought of something that might help the OP......

If his big group of friends is assigned to an Early Table for 10 (say #755 for grins), then the OP could easily 'unofficially'  be a substitute for two vacant seats if they know another couple is going to the steakhouse or doing something else that particular night.  But they would have to absolutely know that 2 seats at the table were going to be vacant. (No waiter is going to check their S&S card that night.)

• Like 1

We had this happen to us in our first Carnival Glory cruise. We went to MDR as soon as we were on board and explained. We did go to Steakhouse that first night but where informed that we're had been moved to early dining. I also told them I am diabetic and can not wait to eat until 8-9 to eat. It worked out. Good luck and happy cruising. We will be on Glory again in 16 days!!!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mz-s said:

You could also just go to the MDR in your PJs...you'd be overdressed on most Carnival cruises frankly...

My pajamas are really nice lol. They are definitely dinner Pajamas. 

I thought I replied earlier but I didn’t so I’ll say: thank you to everyone who replied. It didn’t occur to me that YTD would be full also, and I did think I could be an unofficial substitute if someone else in the group drops out. I need to make a group post and ask if they all have different tables or what.

My dog sitter just dropped out so now I have a scramble on this. 

Edited by spleenstomper
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jsglow said:

Thought of something that might help the OP......

If his big group of friends is assigned to an Early Table for 10 (say #755 for grins), then the OP could easily 'unofficially'  be a substitute for two vacant seats if they know another couple is going to the steakhouse or doing something else that particular night.  But they would have to absolutely know that 2 seats at the table were going to be vacant. (No waiter is going to check their S&S card that night.)

Someone did that to us-    We were assigned a table for early dining to a large table    We were a party of two.   Took the Maître d a long time to find us an assignment that night--  Please dont do that

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, serene56 said:

Someone did that to us-    We were assigned a table for early dining to a large table    We were a party of two.   Took the Maître d a long time to find us an assignment that night--  Please dont do that

Perhaps you misunderstood me.  I was simply suggesting they take the seats of FRIENDS who they knew wouldn't be there. Obviously 'stealing' some seat from a stranger would be terrible.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, jsglow said:

Perhaps you misunderstood me.  I was simply suggesting they take the seats of FRIENDS who they knew wouldn't be there. Obviously 'stealing' some seat from a stranger would be terrible.

Yeah.  But I think they just didn’t know.   10 friends sailing but only 8 got seats.     I’d hate to be a party of two seated with 8 friends.  That woulda been extremely uncomfortable 

• Like 1