Has anyone done the ship sponsored tour "Mexican Cooking, Tasting and Beach Break in Cozumel?

23 minutes ago, BirmanCrazy said:

Hi! I'm looking for a fun excursion to do with my 82 yr old mom in Cozumel.  This one sounded perfect.  I'm just wanting to check and make sure it has positive reviews and enjoyable.  

If it's the one at Playa Mia and costs in the $74-$84 range, I have done it many times and LOVE LOVE LOVE it.  

(they change the names of excursions all the time)

• Like 4

We did it years ago...before the new owners took over.  The cooking class at that time was fantastic!  Still have fond memories of our favorite chef Luis.  Great time!

Not impressed (IMHO) with the new class they do now.  Resort has become too commercialized and theme park style for us.  

2 hours ago, island lady said:

We did it years ago...before the new owners took over.  The cooking class at that time was fantastic!  Still have fond memories of our favorite chef Luis.  Great time!

Not impressed (IMHO) with the new class they do now.  Resort has become too commercialized and theme park style for us.  

I did the tour in 2016 and it was great back then.  What has changed with the new owners?

13 minutes ago, timf2001 said:

I did the tour in 2016 and it was great back then.  What has changed with the new owners?

This has been years ago since we tried it after the new owners took over...may be better now...but we were "one and done" with the new owner experience.  Have not been back.

The cooking class was not nearly as fun or the quality that Chef Luis used to do.  The new chef and the class were more geared for "the masses"....not foodies.   And the resort had gone theme park style...not relaxing any longer.  

On 12/30/2022 at 10:37 PM, BirmanCrazy said:

Hi! I'm looking for a fun excursion to do with my 82 yr old mom in Cozumel.  This one sounded perfect.  I'm just wanting to check and make sure it has positive reviews and enjoyable.  

When I your cruise?  We have this booked for our Oasis cruise on Feb 26th.