In room coffee making facilities

Goldeye

5 hours ago, nadge said:

What brand of tea do they serve in britannia cabins?

If the usual in room tea suspects are not to one’s taste, and one would prefer a brand, such as Yorkshire or another, as available in the Buffet, then just ask Room Service to supply a full box.

If, unusually RS declines, then a quiet word with one’s MD and the matter will be promptly resolved.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PORT ROYAL said:

If the usual in room tea suspects are not to one’s taste, and one would prefer a brand, such as Yorkshire or another, as available in the Buffet, then just ask Room Service to supply a full box.

If, unusually RS declines, then a quiet word with one’s MD and the matter will be promptly resolved.

A full box? That's pushing it.

I've asked for a couple of tea bags in the past and was very happy with half a dozen!

• Like 1

We always supplement the cabin's supply while passing the Buffet in Kings Court.

Gives us a variety of choices when we are in the cabin.

We even keep the h/h silver container in the refrigerator from room service instead of returning it. And use it ongoing instead of the diary packages that supply.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

And I asked for some peppermint tea bags and was told they were available from the buffet!

No Green Tea at the time in the Lido or I would have snaffled a couple of bags there. Add a darn good squeeze of fresh lemon, or lemon slices from the Lido and that's so refreshing.

5 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

On one of our longer World Cruise jaunts, Redbush tea or Rooibos as it was referred to by ''those who knew'' almost became a trading commodity in its own right due to its popularity and of more significance, its scarcity as supplies waned.  🙂

Ha!  Reminds me of our 2019 QE transpacific to Alaska.  QE had just spent several weeks in Japan, and the deck 9 coffee and tea stations had some of the best Japanese green tea I've had.  As we made our way to Alaska the green tea supply dwindled.  It was a daily hunting expedition to find the last few remaining .

• Like 1