Covid testing

2flacruisers

48 minutes ago, 2flacruisers said:

What Holland America's requirements for vaccinations and testing?  We have never been on Holland American before and would like to give it a try...

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/worry-free-promise/travel-well/frequently-asked-questions.html     SCROLL to "Find Answers About"

1 hour ago, AKJonesy said:

I was looking at that earlier, but there's no info without putting in a booking number and I'm not going to book and then find out my husband can't cruise because he is not vaccinated (I am but he's not, and I respect his decision not to.) but thanks for your response.

2 hours ago, AKJonesy said:

44 minutes ago, 2flacruisers said:

I was looking at that earlier, but there's no info without putting in a booking number and I'm not going to book and then find out my husband can't cruise because he is not vaccinated (I am but he's not, and I respect his decision not to.) but thanks for your response.

Go to Booking or Voyage Lookup (hollandamerica.com and in the second line from the top, the last sentence reads "Don't have a booking yet and want to know protocols, click here."  Click on the last word here, and it will take you to this page which will list the protocols for each individual scheduled cruise - no booking number needed!

Booking or Voyage Lookup (hollandamerica.com)

The column all the way to the right side of the chart will have a clickable link for the protocols for each cruise.

Edited by Daniel A
  • Like 1

Just now, Daniel A said:

Go to Booking or Voyage Lookup (hollandamerica.com and in the second line from the top, the last sentence reads "Don't have a booking yet and want to know protocols, click here."  Click on the last word here, and it will take you to this page which will list the protocols for each individual scheduled cruise - no booking number needed!

Booking or Voyage Lookup (hollandamerica.com)

The column all the way to the right side of the chart will have a clickable link for the protocols for each cruise.

'

'

TY

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, Windsailer said:

SO what does HAL do if a passenger on a cruise that requires pre-cruise testing shows up to check in and hasn't done the test? Does HAL test them or just refuse to let them board?

Not something I would risk. Below is an excerpt from HAL's site on testing.

Guests who arrive without a negative test result will risk denied boarding or delayed embarkation. The terminal team members will do their best to direct guests to a local testing facility, but cannot guarantee availability or test results in time for embarkation.

For Australia, all guests must obtain a negative pre-embarkation test result to board.  Rapid-Antigen Tests are readily available at major supermarkets, pharmacies & airports with results back in as little as 15 minutes. These at home, self-administered tests are the quickest way to return a result and are accepted as requirement for embarkation.

17 minutes ago, Windsailer said:

The reason I asked is that people have expressed surprise that a test is necessary when their cruise is less than days away. 

Not able to speak for those who express surprise. On my five cruises taken since the restart as well as two upcoming cruises HAL has kept me appraised of what was expected. Requirements have changed on a few cruises after booking, but there have been no last-minute surprises.

• Like 1