A Silver Shadow Over The World - December 2023 to May 2024

mysty

Last night the ship's singers and dancers put on a Disco-themed show on the pool deck.   I thought they did a great job.  The show was followed by a tropical-themed dance party.  It was a lot of fun.  There are scads of folks on this cruise who enjoy dancing!  😁

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, mysty said:

Last night the ship's singers and dancers put on a Disco-themed show on the pool deck.   I thought they did a great job.  The show was followed by a tropical-themed dance party.  It was a lot of fun.  There are scads of folks on this cruise who enjoy dancing!  😁

Hi Mysty, sounds like a lot of fun!!🙂

• Like 1

We received an agenda for the themed events that will be on offer on the ship.  

DSC00685.JPG.498f737d0160b1c14c8b23d64aef75ee.JPG

DSC00686.JPG.b0c98011dc7fd044256daa3010eb68f5.JPG

DSC00687.JPG.1c9323fa351ac4bc34a4b8199be0aad7.JPG

Club Tropicana was the dance party last night.  American Diner is happening January 30th and January 31st on the Pool Deck.  Reservations are required.  We booked for January 30th.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Enjoying this thread, wife and I heading out for a first time visit to Hawaii on the first of February.  I'd promise pix but we all have to live with our own limitations 😏

Thought it might be appropriate to share with you a youtube with a Hawaiian song, as always offered with a glass of "waina"

• Like 6

1 hour ago, MuseCruiser said:

IMG_8471.thumb.jpeg.9ec6547a871e7b63434afa9311ccde34.jpegIMG_8470.thumb.jpeg.30e7ac42bc2c19403318e0c402c70163.jpegChef breaking down fresh whole tuna for lunch by the pool today.IMG_8473.thumb.jpeg.608f8fdcb48f9507d47aa3f8e14ab273.jpegIMG_8469.thumb.jpeg.00af9118efe7c6a05cb2647bee9624e7.jpeg

The pool deck was hopping at lunch today.   Beautiful weather,  fairly calm seas!  The joy of cruising! 😁

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

Enjoying this thread, wife and I heading out for a first time visit to Hawaii on the first of February.  I'd promise pix but we all have to live with our own limitations 😏

Thought it might be appropriate to share with you a youtube with a Hawaiian song, as always offered with a glass of "waina"

Thank you @QueSeraSera !  Enjoy your visit to Hawaii! 🥰

• Like 1

We crossed the International Dateline.  It is now 8:25 am Saturday January 27th.  Yesterday, Myster and I went to a Premium Wine Tasting.  This was a fee event in La Dame ($200 pp).

DSC00684.JPG.3b51961d11fbbb82a7c4035f10a5bcc9.JPG

image1(7).jpg.e527ad505ddbdaeedf1e26bd8ceeff70.jpg

image3(5).jpg.61bfcdc22ada51ff0c626e2103016ef4.jpg

The red wine glass at the extreme right in the picture is Penfolds Grange 2010.  It was spectacular.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, jpalbny said:

You're on a cruise with Silversea, so just worry about where your next glass of wine is coming from! No need to overthink things. Enjoy the sea day!

Thank you JP!  However,  you have met me!  Overthinking is part of my DNA! 😅  We just enjoyed an Australia Day lunch in the restaurant.   Lovely!

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, mysty said:

We just enjoyed an Australia Day lunch in the restaurant. 

Best part of the Australian lunch was the Australian slider: cheeseburger slider with a slice of cooked beet plus a slice of pineapple....

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, jpalbny said:

You need to give me more warning, Mysty! I can't get there by 5PM.

I will meet you there. I am wearing a white skirt, blue top and overshirt

• Like 1

We took a tour to Penfolds from Adelaide a few years ago and highly recommend it.  The wine tasting was superb and included a bottle of Grange among 5 others.  Then we were set free to sit at the bar and sample anything.  We discovered Grandfather Tawny which was quite a treat.  We hope to go again in 2026 on the World Cruise.

• Like 2

Today is a sea day. We have been informed that Christmas Island is no longer on the itinerary.  Due to recent fluctuating weather conditions leading to unusually lower tide levels and a build-up of sand in the channel which gives access to the landing pier, it is not safe for tender use.  We are now heading to Apia for February 1st and 2nd.  January 29th, 30th and 31st will be sea days.

• Like 1

Christmas is canceled? Sorry to hear that.

2 hours ago, Emtbsam said:

We hope to go again in 2026 on the World Cruise.

You'll miss us by a year! We're doing a segment of the 2025 WC. A double disappointment to miss both Mysty and you.

• Like 2