Azamara referral

TReg

I have recently referred a couple  to Azamara. If they haven’t cruised with Azamara before they will get $150 OBC and those referring get $300 towards a future cruise. From my own perspective, I only did it as they are friends and they were very interested in the cruises I had done with Azamara. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, tmacktravels said:

I have recently referred a couple  to Azamara. If they haven’t cruised with Azamara before they will get $150 OBC and those referring get $300 towards a future cruise. From my own perspective, I only did it as they are friends and they were very interested in the cruises I had done with Azamara. 

That's what the program is for, not for shopping on-line for a referral after you've already decided to book.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, tmacktravels said:

I have referred two different family members to Azamara in the past. All referrals must be done within 30 days of the booking to be valid, and to benefit from the $300 you have to travel within 12 months of the original booking. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I have checked with CC administration, and Referral threads are allowed [and have been done on other cruise line Boards].  When I get a chance I will reformat this and pin it at the top of the Board.

This seems like an odd thread to pin.  So, CC says it’s ok for strangers to refer other strangers so that they can get the benefits?

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, laurieb said:

This seems like an odd thread to pin.  So, CC says it’s ok for strangers to refer other strangers so that they can get the benefits?

I will go out on a limb and say this seems like a perversion of the original intent of this offer by Azamara.  It is meant as a referral for friends and I would think it’s likely to be taken away if abused.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

I will go out on a limb and say this seems like a perversion of the original intent of this offer by Azamara.  It is meant as a referral for friends and I would think it’s likely to be taken away if abused.

This is true of all cruise line referral programs, yet CC has always had such threads.  I guess it's up to our members to follow the rules, and the cruise lines to police them.

4 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

I wholeheartedly agree! I have in the past referred friends who were interested in Azamara because of my travels, but I would never think of soliciting strangers to get OBC. 

Edited by Rabo
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

To me, pinning something like this is changing the direction and underlying ethos of the Azamara board.  Whether it’s done elsewhere or not shouldn’t be the driver, it’s what fits with the culture of the board and the line.  This soliciting doesn’t. The whole point is you refer friends not passing strangers. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Regardless of what other boards do, the intent by Azamara is for referrals to be between friends. It says so twice in the details on their website page. A solicited request to anonymous people on a cruise website is not a friend and makes mockery of those like me who have used the program legitimately. From the Azamara website

"To submit referrals, simply fill out the form below within thirty (30) days of your friend making their reservation". 

Jazzbeau, I think this thread should be locked. 

Phil 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

This is a useful piece of information for me, as I hadn't noticed the benefit before. We were discussing the possibility of a family cruise only yesterday, so might wish to book three cabins on the same cruise in 2024. My plan was to wait until we're on board Quest in a few weeks and see whether I could negotiate a price with the future cruise sales person for three cabins.

Basically this programme takes a chunk off the total family bill. If nothing else, that gives me some ammunition in a negotiation on board, so thanks to the OP.

Making the thread a sticky (or a 'tacky!) does have the advantage of allowing members who do wish to participate the opportunity to do so without starting a new thread. However, I also suspect that too much activity of that sort might cause Azamara (or any cruise line) to reconsider the benefit.

Edit to add that I'd be very wary about giving my email and loyalty number to someone I didn't know, if that was necessary.

Edited by tonyl1956
Addition of a sentence

2 minutes ago, tonyl1956 said:

This is a useful piece of information for me, as I hadn't noticed the benefit before. We were discussing the possibility of a family cruise only yesterday, so might wish to book three cabins on the same cruise in 2024. My plan was to wait until we're on board Quest in a few weeks and see whether I could negotiate a price with the future cruise sales person for three cabins.

Basically this programme takes a chunk off the total family bill. If nothing else, that gives me some ammunition in a negotiation on board, so thanks to the OP.

Making the thread a sticky (or a 'tacky!) does have the advantage of allowing members who do wish to participate the opportunity to do so without starting a new thread. However, I also suspect that too much activity of that sort might cause Azamara (or any cruise line) to reconsider the benefit.

If you are an Azamara Circle member and on their mailing list, it is always mentioned in their quarterly newsletter. And certainly onboard you will get flyers about it and it does also get mentioned at Loyalty events.  As for negotiating better prices, the onboard staff these days are order takers and (sometimes somewhat aggressive) sales closers at the advertised prices plus whatever offer bus is passing at the time..  They have no scope to negotiate, they just refer it back to Miami (if indeed they even do that).  Its always worth asking but be prepared for a negative response.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, uktog said:

If you are an Azamara Circle member and on their mailing list, it is always mentioned in their quarterly newsletter. And certainly onboard you will get flyers about it and it does also get mentioned at Loyalty events.  As for negotiating better prices, the onboard staff these days are order takers and (sometimes somewhat aggressive) sales closers at the advertised prices plus whatever offer bus is passing at the time..  They have no scope to negotiate, they just refer it back to Miami (if indeed they even do that).  Its always worth asking but be prepared for a negative response.

I'm a member and I do receive the emails but so much of the content is them singing their own praises, so unless one of the headline items in the email interests me, they go in the bin and I don't look at the full version online. Having now searched out the December one, I can see that there is more content online than in the email.

Thanks for the tip about future cruise sales. If we can agree on a date/cruise with our children and partners, I might as well just co-ordinate their bookings now and then we can all benefit from the rewards. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tonyl1956 said:

I'm a member and I do receive the emails but so much of the content is them singing their own praises, so unless one of the headline items in the email interests me, they go in the bin and I don't look at the full version online. Having now searched out the December one, I can see that there is more content online than in the email.

Thanks for the tip about future cruise sales. If we can agree on a date/cruise with our children and partners, I might as well just co-ordinate their bookings now and then we can all benefit from the rewards. 

There are benefits to booking onboard, you do receive a discount based on your loyalty status, and also additional OBC

Edited by laurieb
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1