Cruise on hold, PVP looks to be off

TerReuv

So, we have a cruise we have put on hold and the promo expires today.  It looks like our PVP is off as her message on her VM is from the Thursday before Christmas.  I have left a message and sent an email.  Can anyone tell me if the promo will still be honored if we have the cruise on hold for 48 hours?  I hate to book it myself and not let her get credit for it.

TIA.

Our PVP always has another PVP return our calls when they are absent  and that person books our business or is available to answer questions about new or old business. Two things I can suggest:

Book it yourself now and don't lose out on the promotion and consider another PVP who has someone cover for their absences and vacations.

• Like 1

If you have it on hold yes the hold will keep your promo. But once the hold expires it's gone.

It's admirable you want your PVP to get their commission but given the time crunch I would understand if I were your PVP if you went ahead and booked.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, mz-s said:

If you have it on hold yes the hold will keep your promo. But once the hold expires it's gone.

It's admirable you want your PVP to get their commission but given the time crunch I would understand if I were your PVP if you went ahead and booked.

My PVP has told me that he does not receive commission

My dream cruise was when my ta was going on a cruise and it wasnt a carnival cruise so he told me go ahead and book and transfer it to him. We never got it transferred, so it's still booked direct. I tried to add a pin number, just never worked out to transfer. 

Might be a way to transfer later to a pvp though. 

Just now, firefly333 said:

My dream cruise was when my ta was going on a cruise and it wasnt a carnival cruise so he told me go ahead and book and transfer it to him. We never got it transferred, so it's still booked direct. I tried to add a pin number, just never worked out to transfer. 

Might be a way to transfer later to a pvp though. 

I am pretty sure that if the PVP doesn't take the deposit, they can't help you with the trip. Our own PVP consistently goes above and beyond with helping us with our bookings, but she told us that she has to take the first payment in order to help us with a particular cruise.

It’s true that in order for the PVP to get credit, they must be the one to take the deposit.  If they don’t take the deposit they aren’t obliged to help with any problems that come up. Recently I had a great deal on hold, and wasn’t able to get ahold of my PVP.  About 2 hours before the hold was to expire, I got an email from Carnival asking whether I needed more time to decide, and there was a button to push to extend the hold.  I did that, and my cabin and fare were held for an additional 48 hours, during which time I did get ahold of my PVP.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TerReuv said:

So, we have a cruise we have put on hold and the promo expires today.  It looks like our PVP is off as her message on her VM is from the Thursday before Christmas.  I have left a message and sent an email.  Can anyone tell me if the promo will still be honored if we have the cruise on hold for 48 hours?  I hate to book it myself and not let her get credit for it.

TIA.

If it is on hold, the price will be held. 😊 👍

• Like 3

6 hours ago, staceyglow said:

I am pretty sure that if the PVP doesn't take the deposit, they can't help you with the trip. Our own PVP consistently goes above and beyond with helping us with our bookings, but she told us that she has to take the first payment in order to help us with a particular cruise.

I went ahead with my bookings. I cant see that I'd need help. I have a lot of time on this class ship, did breeze b2b Halloween 2023. Dream is 14 days but I've been on this ship before. The big thing will be the expense of excursions for me. New ports. Nothing I really need help with. The price is the price. It's already now over 3k, and keeps going up.