Experience with CONNECTING balcony cabins on BEYOND

mizLORInj

Hi all.  All that was left in the TA's group category was one connecting balcony cabin on deck 8 port side aft.   What has been your experience with hearing noise from the cabin you're connected to?  I usually try to avoid this situation but here we are. 

44 minutes ago, jwlane said:

Celebrity's new "connecting" cabins don't really connect.  There are doors in the hall that are closed to create a small vestibule common to the regular cabin doors.

Hmm, the YouTube cabin tour I did shows the connecting door inside the cabin; opposite the bathroom door. 

47 minutes ago, jwlane said:

Celebrity's new "connecting" cabins don't really connect.  There are doors in the hall that are closed to create a small vestibule common to the regular cabin doors.

There are vestibule between sky suites 8214 & 8216 and a inside cabin 8212 or 8218. Are you booking a suite?

From a flier about the Edge, dated 2019

57. WILL THE CONNECTED STATEROOMS FEATURE THE SAME SETUP DESIGN OF ONE DOOR BETWEEN BOTH STATEROOMS, SIMILAR TO CELEBRITY SILHOUETTE AND CELEBRITY REFLECTION? • There are 174 rooms that can be connected by a vestibule or a door. • 134 connecting, and 40 vestibules.

We booked a connecting cabin accidently.  Once.  I'm very careful to not make that mistake again.  I was really surprised that just connecting doors could make such a difference.  Our neighbors weren't loud but we could hear every conversation clearly anyway.

It's all going to depend on who is in the cabin next door. I've had a connecting cabin multiple times where I had no idea there was anyone in there except I saw them coming out of the cabin once. OTOH, I've had non-connecting cabins where I heard all kinds of things from the cabin next door because the people had no concept of an inside voice.

It's a crap shoot no matter what.

S class ships have the connection in the vestibule outside the cabins.

M and E class ships have a door inside the cabin.

Were on Beyond recently with interconnecting cabins.

A door with a lock in each cabin.

Had to open and pop the lock to use.

OP specifically is asking about Beyond.

21 hours ago, mizLORInj said:

Hmm, the YouTube cabin tour I did shows the connecting door inside the cabin; opposite the bathroom door. 

Hi. We were in 8299 and 8297. There is 2 heavy doors in between the cabins and you are right, they are right opposite the bathroom. Our son was in the connecting cabin and with both doors closed you cannot  hear anything from the connecting  cabin. It's  as soundproof as two regular staterooms next to each other. The doors are that heavy. So heavy that they were extremely  hard to even open. I don't  think you will have any issues

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1