Ovation .... set dining process

I will be sailing on Ovation in early March 2023.  Have chosen set dining at 5.30pm.  Can I choose which dining room I want ( via the app) or is it pre chosen for me by the cruise line and they leave notification in my cabin?   Also,  any info on the various dining rooms would be appreciated.  I believe they all have the same menu in each dining room every night.  

15 hours ago, CCC's said:

I will be sailing on Ovation in early March 2023.  Have chosen set dining at 5.30pm.  Can I choose which dining room I want ( via the app) or is it pre chosen for me by the cruise line and they leave notification in my cabin?   Also,  any info on the various dining rooms would be appreciated.  I believe they all have the same menu in each dining room every night.  

You will be allocated one of the four dining rooms. They all have the same menu which changes nightly.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I would say you will be in Grand but they are all the same menu just a different decor.

Chili, which MDR does Big Gav eat in, or does he dine with el Capitano? Perhaps he dines in the 'Food Jammer' sorry 'Wind Jammer' lol.

17 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Chili, which MDR does Big Gav eat in, or does he dine with el Capitano? Perhaps he dines in the 'Food Jammer' sorry 'Wind Jammer' lol.

You keep miss spelling BIG GAV uncle Les.

He would have a suite so he could eat in his cabin ( they have a dining table), the suite restaurant or where ever BIG GAV wants. 

Ive been thinking about this Mystery Island problem they have uncle Les.

I believe BIG GAV is still on Ovation. Ovation is supposed to be at mystery island tomorrow.

Maybe he should have a meeting with the chief. You know a one on one bear all .   Drink a bit of kava ,   some fire walking (a bit dangerous!)  catch a fish for lunch.

What do you think uncle Les?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

You keep miss spelling BIG GAV uncle Les.

He would have a suite so he could eat in his cabin ( they have a dining table), the suite restaurant or where ever BIG GAV wants. 

Ive been thinking about this Mystery Island problem they have uncle Les.

I believe BIG GAV is still on Ovation. Ovation is supposed to be at mystery island tomorrow.

Maybe he should have a meeting with the chief. You know a one on one bear all .   Drink a bit of kava ,   some fire walking (a bit dangerous!)  catch a fish for lunch.

What do you think uncle Les?

As long as BIG GAV stays away from the RCI Cougars he would have time to do all the things you suggested old son.

istockphoto-149154299-1024x1024.thumb.jpg.18c02daa8930f2827906d262ea199fd6.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, resordanis said:

Set dining now is 5pm. Started 14/12. We were certainly not happy with that time, but I understand it is still the same. We were in Chic!

Were you allocated 5 pm dining?  5 pm is too early, especially after a port visit,  What time is late sitting?

19 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Were you allocated 5 pm dining?  5 pm is too early, especially after a port visit,  What time is late sitting?

No idea what time, late dining is! Just know they changed early from 5.30 till 5. We were lucky as we had been on for some time, we still came at our usual time, to same table.

6 hours ago, fairywren said:

You will be allocated one of the four dining rooms. They all have the same menu which changes nightly.

It has been six years since I was on Quantum's maiden relocation to China.  After that the decision was made to have diners move through the four dining rooms along with their servers, but the cuisine in each location was different.  French, Italian, American and Asian.  It obviously became too hard, so they changed to one menu suits all.  I hope the food is still as good?