Alluring Caribbean Dec 23 2022 to January 4 2023 - summation

Robjame

4 hours ago, ORV said:

One thing I"m not clear on Rob, did you go to the Dom dinner? 

No. We had a reservation and organized the group but ended in the medical centre with bronchitis. I asked the doctor and he said we were not catching but asked if we would enjoy it as we couldn’t really taste anything. It was one of the events we were looking forward to.

2 hours ago, Robjame said:

No. We had a reservation and organized the group but ended in the medical centre with bronchitis. I asked the doctor and he said we were not catching but asked if we would enjoy it as we couldn’t really taste anything. It was one of the events we were looking forward to.

I’m sorry that you got sick, but it seems strange that you commented negatively multiple times on the dinner that you actually didn’t go to. Why not leave it to others who participated and can comment on the real experience. It’s great that you were able to enjoy the other special dining event on the ship.

4 hours ago, osandomir said:

I’m sorry that you got sick, but it seems strange that you commented negatively multiple times on the dinner that you actually didn’t go to. Why not leave it to others who participated and can comment on the real experience. It’s great that you were able to enjoy the other special dining event on the ship.

Oh my. You are going to be very very disappointed then.

- I didn’t disembark either

- I didn’t try to access the executive lounge.

- I wasn’t on the excursion that was complained about

i tried to report back impressions of a newly refurbished ship and on a total cruise on that ship along with ToxM and answer what questions I could, take pictures, report on the new bar menus, answer specific questions.  We were a very tight group, ate meals together, met and talked, shared experiences, had a very active roll call. Sorry that I missed the mark with you to the extent you chose to respond only negatively. You can be sure that I will not be doing anything as extensive as this again while on holiday again.

Please do not waste your time responding to my posts again.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Robjame said:

Oh my. You are going to be very very disappointed then.

- I didn’t disembark either

- I didn’t try to access the executive lounge.

- I wasn’t on the excursion that was complained about

i tried to report back impressions of a newly refurbished ship and on a total cruise on that ship along with ToxM and answer what questions I could, take pictures, report on the new bar menus, answer specific questions.  We were a very tight group, ate meals together, met and talked, shared experiences, had a very active roll call. Sorry that I missed the mark with you to the extent you chose to respond only negatively. You can be sure that I will not be doing anything as extensive as this again while on holiday again.

Please do not waste your time responding to my posts again.

I think it is great that you pooled together your groups' thoughts and experiences. It makes it even more helpful. Many people do not like to share and the fact that you took the time to share their thoughts with us is much appreciated. Since I will be going on our first Oceania cruise on Riviera in 3 weeks, I loved every word. I think it is great that you had such a close group before & during the cruise to hang with. So thanks!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, LHT28 said:

I thought I read that Privee  will have wine pairing dinners

so maybe they feel confident they can do it themselves 🤔

On Nautica in August 2022, at the future cruise presentation - iirc the OCA said that on Vista the new dining area concept at the cooking class space would/could host wine dinners. Wherever they will be held, the impression was that Vista does plan to have wine dinner events :classic_smile:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, babysteps said:

On Nautica in August 2022, at the future cruise presentation - iirc the OCA said that on Vista the new dining area concept at the cooking class space would/could host wine dinners. Wherever they will be held, the impression was that Vista does plan to have wine dinner events :classic_smile:

maybe that is what I read

wine pairing dinner will happen on Vista  😉

2 hours ago, babysteps said:

Yes, initially this is what was said, then on a live from on the cruise that one of the Cruise Critic employees(Chris maybe?) did on a media junket stated that those dinners are going to be held in Privee. We'll have to wait until the ship actually sails and see. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ORV said:

Yes, initially this is what was said, then on a live from on the cruise that one of the Cruise Critic employees(Chris maybe?) did on a media junket stated that those dinners are going to be held in Privee. We'll have to wait until the ship actually sails and see. 

Additionally; Our OCA left a strong impression those wine dinners in Privee would primarily be private, invite only, events.

Otherwise, it would be the shared $300 reservation fee, plus the cost of the paired meal. If a paired wine dinner is chosen, all in the group must take the dinner and it would have to be pre ordered. This means a group couldn’t walk in at 7:00 and say “ we want the Odyssey meal.” This makes sense.

Just for the record, I didn’t go to any of the meet and greets or CC meals - we were tired from travelling.

Also one thing I just remembered - we didn’t get a Sunday Brunch on our sea day - it was Xmas Day, but I notice that Regent got a Sunday Brunch for NYD. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ToxM said:

Just for the record, I didn’t go to any of the meet and greets or CC meals - we were tired from travelling.

Also one thing I just remembered - we didn’t get a Sunday Brunch on our sea day - it was Xmas Day, but I notice that Regent got a Sunday Brunch for NYD. 

It is not always Sunday  that the special brunch  happens  

it does not happen on all sailings  usually on longer sailings

IME

6 hours ago, Amber14 said:

think it is great that you pooled together your groups' thoughts and experiences. It makes it even more helpful. Many people do not like to share and the fact that you took the time to share their thoughts with us is much appreciated. Since I will be going on our first Oceania cruise on Riviera in 3 weeks, I loved every word. I think it is great that you had such a close group before & during the cruise to hang with. So thanks!

Thank you so much Amber. That was exactly our purpose. We tried to balance the responses and yet represent everyone’s point of view.

• Like 5