Solstice 2025 Asia cruise canceled

Susanb10567

40 minutes ago, FLCruiser97 said:

Just a question...if they change any part of the cruise, i.e., itinerary, ports of call, can you cancel and get a full deposit refund?

Depends on a lot of variables so someone else might be able to answer better than me.

I would check your terms & conditions in your contract for your sailing as they can be different for different parts of the world.

Some variables might also be refundable vs non refundable deposit, full payment made, if they cancel, if you cancel etc.

The carrier can always make changes or modifications at anytime to the sailing itinerary without compensation as far as I am aware.  But, you’d definitely have to verify this by checking your contract and with a qualified source!

I know…that didn’t really answer your question and someone else might be able to reply to your query.

On 1/9/2023 at 5:01 PM, hubofhockey said:

Do that itinerary on Azamara for many reasons, but mainly because they can dock right in the smaller city ports.  That was my favorite cruise of all of them, not even close.

I agree. The trips down the rivers and docking right in the cities really added to the experience. That meant much more time for exploring. 

Are these price mistake cruises? I heard there were issues with pricing on some newly released cruises where they're trying to collect more money now due to pricing mistakes. Maybe it was easier to cancel them than it was to ask people to pay more money?

33 minutes ago, BazingAu said:

Are these price mistake cruises? I heard there were issues with pricing on some newly released cruises where they're trying to collect more money now due to pricing mistakes. Maybe it was easier to cancel them than it was to ask people to pay more money?

It’s my first ever time booking with Celebrity, So genuinely have no idea what normal pricing is to be honest. 

It is a 12 night cruise all included and we paid over £3,500 for an oceanview during the Black Friday sale for 2 adults. 

Not sure if that is typical pricing or not. If it is a pricing error, not convinced I’ll be sailing Celebrity any time soon. 🤣

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FLCruiser97 said:

Just a question...if they change any part of the cruise, i.e., itinerary, ports of call, can you cancel and get a full deposit refund?

Debbie, I believe that the terms and conditions in the booking allow Celebrity to make changes to the itinerary without requiring them to refund anything.  However I would guess that if individuals asked for a refund because of a significant change in itinerary, Celebrity would grant it--they are just not going to advertise it.  Also the further in the future the affected sailing is, the better as far as getting Celebrity to work with you.

As far as itinerary length changes go, I have had Celebrity cancel our 2021 Asia cruise (14 night Hong Kong to Singapore) and shift us to a shorter one (11 night, 2022)) and in that case they gave us a pro-rated refund for the 3 missing days.  A year later, Celebrity cancelled the shorter one (11 night, 2022) and move us to a longer one (12 night, 2023) and they did not increase our fare.  

David

Edited by mahdnc

43 minutes ago, BazingAu said:

The cruise following ours (that is still posted on the website) is showing comparable prices.  Can’t tell you about suite class prices as we are in lower class staterooms.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mahdnc said:

Debbie, I believe that the terms and conditions in the booking allow Celebrity to make changes to the itinerary without requiring them to refund anything.  However I would guess that if individuals asked for a refund because of a significant change in itinerary, Celebrity would grant it--they are just not going to advertise it.  Also the further in the future the affected sailing is, the better as far as getting Celebrity to work with you.

As far as itinerary length changes go, I have had Celebrity cancel our 2021 Asia cruise (14 night Hong Kong to Singapore) and shift us to a shorter one (11 night, 2022)) and in that case they gave us a pro-rated refund for the 3 missing days.  A year later, Celebrity cancelled the shorter one (11 night, 2022) and move us to a longer one (12 night, 2023) and they did not increase our fare.  

David

Thanks for your insight David.

I have had a cruise canceled due it being chartered out (a couple times) and they set up a special number to call for assistance. You could try one of these to see if you can get someone that has more info. 

For Individual Reservations:  1-888-281-9343 ext. 48846

For Consumer Outreach:  1-800-556-8209 ext. 18881

1 hour ago, UKLloyd said:

Latest "update" from celebrity 

Happy Friday Sir.

I have been contacted by the relevant team and they are still closely monitoring this matter.

No new information.

This wording is appropriate for watching a world event unfolding that is out of their control.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

I have had a cruise canceled due it being chartered out (a couple times) and they set up a special number to call for assistance. You could try one of these to see if you can get someone that has more info. 

For Individual Reservations:  1-888-281-9343 ext. 48846

For Consumer Outreach:  1-800-556-8209 ext. 18881

Thank you for posting these phone numbers, Cruise Gopher.  I just spent 20 minutes on the phone with the Individual Reservations number you shared (I didn't dial the extension, just hit 1).  The agent did a lot of digging but I didn't learn anything conclusive on my Mar. 3, 2025 cruise.  She said the Revenue Dept. told her the cruise was not canceled, but possibly overbooked.  That doesn't really explain why so many cruises on the Soltice in early 2025  have the same issue, but I suspect it is as you say and the ship has been chartered, or has a charter pending.  

25 minutes ago, GroveGuy said:

Thank you for posting these phone numbers, Cruise Gopher.  I just spent 20 minutes on the phone with the Individual Reservations number you shared (I didn't dial the extension, just hit 1).  The agent did a lot of digging but I didn't learn anything conclusive on my Mar. 3, 2025 cruise.  She said the Revenue Dept. told her the cruise was not canceled, but possibly overbooked.  That doesn't really explain why so many cruises on the Soltice in early 2025  have the same issue, but I suspect it is as you say and the ship has been chartered, or has a charter pending.  

A 2025 cruise is for sure not overbooked now.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, nyc12345 said:

Didn't they release these not too long ago?  Thankfully, the one I booked is in December 2024 and is not yet affected.  Hope they will let people know what is going on...

Yes. Those sailings were released a couple of months ago by the left hand.  The right hand is active today.

• Haha 3

Looks like Celebrity is starting to inform us of the changes!

This is what I received from my TA…looks like there were scheduling conflicts in Singapore.

Naturally, these changes have yet to appear on the website!

Happy planning everyone!

Guests currently booked on the January 2, 2025 - March 3, 2025 sailings may cancel without penalty or rebook on the below alternate sailings.

Celebrity Solstice: (at pro-rated rates)
11-Night Vietnam & Thailand Cruise departing January 2, 2025
13-Night Thailand & Vietnam Cruise departing March 2, 2025

Celebrity Solstice: (at protected rates)
12-Night Thailand & Vietnam Cruise departing January 13, 2025
12-Night Vietnam & Thailand Cruise departing January 25, 2025
12-Night Thailand & Vietnam Cruise departing February 6, 2025
12-Night Vietnam & Thailand Cruise departing February 18, 2025

Brand promotions will be protected for named and deposited bookings only.

Air reimbursement is not being offered.

A full refund for amounts paid will be processed to the original form of payment; however, if a guest chooses not to rebook, the above offer of compensation is no longer valid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Sevedog said:

Thank you for sharing the email. It is confusing because it states January 2 to March 3 cancelled but you can rebook January 2 to March 2. Am I missing something?  I can’t find these on the website

🤷🏻‍♀️

We are waiting to hear back from our TA after speaking with someone at Celebrity directly.

I suspect they have had to shift the original departure and arrival dates in the port of Singapore and it has had a domino effect in order to catch up so that the March 15, 2025 sailing resumes on the originally scheduled date.

We are unable to see anything either as nothing is posted on the website.

Perhaps we will know more tomorrow!!

• Thanks 1

Thanks to everyone that called X to find out what's going on. Switching my Feb 7 cruise to Feb 6 is no problem for me. I'll continue to monitor this thread to find out when/how we rebook. 

This outcome is way better than I was expecting. I've had X cancel several cruises on me in the past.

Edited by Mercruiser

1 hour ago, prairie girl said:

Looks like Celebrity is starting to inform us of the changes!

This is what I received from my TA…looks like there were scheduling conflicts in Singapore.

Naturally, these changes have yet to appear on the website!

Happy planning everyone!

Guests currently booked on the January 2, 2025 - March 3, 2025 sailings may cancel without penalty or rebook on the below alternate sailings.

Celebrity Solstice: (at pro-rated rates)
11-Night Vietnam & Thailand Cruise departing January 2, 2025
13-Night Thailand & Vietnam Cruise departing March 2, 2025

Celebrity Solstice: (at protected rates)
12-Night Thailand & Vietnam Cruise departing January 13, 2025
12-Night Vietnam & Thailand Cruise departing January 25, 2025
12-Night Thailand & Vietnam Cruise departing February 6, 2025
12-Night Vietnam & Thailand Cruise departing February 18, 2025

Brand promotions will be protected for named and deposited bookings only.

Air reimbursement is not being offered.

A full refund for amounts paid will be processed to the original form of payment; however, if a guest chooses not to rebook, the above offer of compensation is no longer valid.

Mystery solved, thanks for sharing the changes!

2 hours ago, UKLloyd said:

Fantastic that this appears to be sorted now. 

Those new fares however, Wow. That is a very large increase. 

Thankfully we are deposited, However wow, That seems to be a huge increase. 

You are not kidding.

Pricing on Celebrity is telephone numbers as we say.  So pleased my pricing is locked for my Japanese cruise later this year.